Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Yeah, no. If you want me to buy a former X-Men villain who gives a crap about mutantdom at large, let alone it’s children, Mystique is not the one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    I don't like how the mutants are coming off here. They agreed that mutants would police other mutants right?

Avengers: "Hey we don't want to do this, but get your kids before our hand is forced"

Mutants: "No U"

The drama seems contrived IMO.
    Because many current marvel writers and/or editors seem to like the idea of portraying the Marvel heros as constantly being verbaly at each other throat or engaging in disputes of quasi tribalistic behaviour, usualy with the characters they are writing supposed to be in the right, in what seems to a misguided interpretation of the "heros are still people" nature that the marvel heros were created around (as opposed to the more heroic gods nature attributed to the DC heros) or trying to pit the fanbases of the characters/groups against one another for drama and internet arguments to create attention for their work.

While marvel heros have in the past occasionaly fought against another, it was usualy from misunderstandings or conflicting duties, but ever since Civil War it seems to have become the default way to portray them.

Which is of course a great depiction of the heros for people who might want to try out the comics, after watching the movies or cartoons (*sarcasm*). I know there is a whole combinations of factors at play for why people can't get into the comics. But i would argue this possible mentality of the writers and editors is doing nobody favors.

BANNED

I don't like how the mutants are coming off here. They agreed that mutants would police other mutants right?

Avengers: "Hey we don't want to do this, but get your kids before our hand is forced"

Mutants: "No U"

The drama seems contrived IMO.
    it's not even "our hand"
    they're not enforcing the law here, but recognizing it brings them in harms way from those that are and giving a heads up

this is like someone telling you to stay away from an electrified fence because it could hurt you and you go "iS tHat a tHreAt"

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Because many current marvel writers and/or editors seem to like the idea of portraying the Marvel heros as constantly being verbaly at each other throat or engaging in disputes of quasi tribalistic behaviour, usualy with the characters they are writing supposed to be in the right, in what seems to a misguided interpretation of the "heros are still people" nature that the marvel heros were created around (as opposed to the more heroic gods nature attributed to the DC heros) or trying to pit the fanbases of the characters/groups against one another for drama and internet arguments to create attention for their work.

While marvel heros have in the past occasionaly fought against another, it was usualy from misunderstandings or conflicting duties, but ever since Civil War it seems to have become the default way to portray them.

Which is of course a great depiction of the heros for people who might want to try out the comics, after watching the movies or cartoons (*sarcasm*). I know there is a whole combinations of factors at play for why people can't get into the comics. But i would argue this possible mentality of the writers and editors is doing nobody favors.
    I try to take every book in as if I'm just a 1st time reader and who has no context of anything. Even if I didn't know about how Mutants are supposed to police mutant activity, or CRADLE going around arresting underage vigilantes, I'd still think the X-men were being unnecessarily antagonistic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    it's not even "our hand"
    they're not enforcing the law here, but recognizing it brings them in harms way from those that are and giving a heads up

this is like someone telling you to stay away from an electrified fence because it could hurt you and you go "iS tHat a tHreAt"
    It's even more ridiculous when you put it that way. If it's meant to be a subtext, microagression, or an allegory IDK if I see it this time. If my kids were out doing something that could get them in trouble or hurt, I'd appreciate a heads up before they were ACTUALLY put in jail by C.R.A.D.L.E. or harmed by whatever threat is out there on the streets. We don't need to small talk or go back & fortht. Thx, goodbye, we'll handle it.

I try to take every book in as if I'm just a 1st time reader and who has no context of anything. Even if I didn't know about how Mutants are supposed to police mutant activity, or CRADLE going around arresting underage vigilantes, I'd still think the X-men were being unnecessarily antagonistic here.

It's even more ridiculous when you put it that way. If it's meant to be a subtext, microagression, or an allegory IDK if I see it this time. If my kids were out doing something that could get them in trouble or hurt, I'd appreciate a heads up before they were ACTUALLY put in jail by C.R.A.D.L.E. or harmed by whatever threat is out there on the streets. We don't need to small talk or go back & fortht. Thx, goodbye, we'll handle it.
    But the actual truth, if you are actually reading is that the Avengers can't do anything. As seen by their utter failure to protect their own sidekicks from persecution. At most they are here because they want someone else to do what they can't or won't. The Avengers have no proof these kids are really mutants or the problem of mutants and they didn't even try investigate. So what, are they so desperate at this point they want mutants to kidnap what may by delusional human children? Or are they trying to put the x-men in a position that if they do get these children, and if they aren't mutants, will they turn them in or not since it's the law. Either way, cap and co did no one any favors here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But the actual truth, if you are actually reading is that the Avengers can't do anything. As seen by their utter failure to protect their own sidekicks from persecution. At most they are here because they want someone else to do what they can't or won't. The Avengers have no proof these kids are really mutants or the problem of mutants and they didn't even try investigate. So what, are they so desperate at this point they want mutants to kidnap what may by delusional human children? Or are they trying to put the x-men in a position that if they do get these children, and if they aren't mutants, will they turn them in or not since it's the law. Either way, cap and co did no one any favors here.
    I actually hate you. You are honestly this stupid, or ignorant, or just a troll. They are going around looking like the X-men, saying to Mutants "You give Mutants a bad name", and even the X-men think they are Mutants.

BANNED

Cap: "Good to see you ororo "

kinda want to laugh at how poorly this whole interaction is written and drawn for NO reason. There was NO reason for anyone to be antagonistic. NONE. They're literally on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I actually hate you. You are honestly this stupid, or ignorant, or just a troll. They are going around looking like the X-men, saying to Mutants "You give Mutants a bad name", and even the X-men think they are Mutants.
    people can get defensive about characters they care about, relax
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-10-2021 at 01:51 PM.

The art and the dialogue were telling two very different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The art and the dialogue were telling two very different stories.
    Dialogue is neutral, while the art is all angry and pissy. I really want to take a look on the script

I actually hate you. You are honestly this stupid, or ignorant, or just a troll.
    It's never this deep...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Cap: "Good to see you ororo "

kinda want to laugh at how poorly this whole interaction is written and drawn for NO reason. There was NO reason for anyone to be antagonistic. NONE. They're literally on the same side.

people can get defensive about characters they care about, relax
    where is that image from?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Well that was certainly dramatic. But it's cools peeps get heated around here sometimes. You'll be ok.

And no the xmen don't know if they are mutants which is why most that were hanging with storm didn't think they should do anything but she felt they had to. So yeah, reading the issue helps.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-10-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well that was certainly dramatic. But it's cools peeps get heated around here sometimes. You'll be ok.

And no the xmen don't know if they are mutants which is why most that were hanging with storm didn't think they should do anything but she felt they had to. So yeah, reading the issue helps.
    "You'll be OK" lmao that's so funny lol

There is some doubt, but no way avengers can know they aren't mutants. They present theirselves a mutants

Astonishing Member

Then may I ask why they were wondering why they haven't been seen on the Mutant only nation.
    Attached Images Attached Images