Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont mind her laying hands on hatemonger but here hands being laid and the hostile tone was unnecessary based upon what transpired.

So you read champions and outlaw and what actually proceeded this or are you just talking about the preview?
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-10-2021 at 07:47 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It looks to me like Storm and Mystique are implying that no mutant will be held accountable to human law...no matter what law they break. And that needs to be looked at. What will they do if a mutant commits serious crimes and the country they broke the law in refuses to give them up? Or what if a mutant commits a violent crime and gets shot and killed while committing the crime? How is Krakoa going to react to that?

I would think that a new team could consist of some old...and more new. Patriot, Hawkeye (Kate), and Cassie (who IIRC is 16)....along with 5 new young characters. Some existing like Thunderstrike and Spider-Girl with some new old Avenger legacy types.
    I agree with both points.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So you read champions and outlaw and what actually proceeded this or are you just talking about the preview?
    I thought this thread was a discussion on the preview did I miss something?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I thought this thread was a discussion on the preview did I miss something?
    oh okay when you said what was proceeding it you made it sound like you had some knowledge of what actually happened before the encounter that would warrant the emotions shown in this preview. obviously i was wrong, your just going on the preview.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

oh okay when you said what was proceeding it you made it sound like you had some knowledge of what actually happened before the encounter that would warrant the emotions shown in this preview. obviously i was wrong, your just going on the preview.
    yes I'm discussing the preview and what transpired on these pages. such as Steve calling her ororo and she not having issue with it but then a few seconds later she's like call me storm. what's going on in champions has nothing to do with that disjointed but of interactions.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Avengers & X-Men had time & opportunity to grothe Runaways their is no need for them to evolve at this point in time.

The ideal team for a third volume is the original & those from volume 2.w as a brand and tons of stories told before branching out & adding more people the Young Avengers were not given that liberty. They are a self-contained brand equivalent to that of Ideally Eli, Kate, Cassie, Tommy, Billy & Teddy would be welcome but their more restricted & have gotten prime focus other places they can be special guest. From volume two Noh-Var, David, & Loki are busy so throw in America & you can add the siblings from West Coast Avengers she & Kate are dating as they were paired up with the Young Avengers during Empyre as New blood. First storyline can be ressurecting Jonas it's a plot hole that needs to be addressed. Boom Volume 3 begins! Any book titled Young Avengers people will want the Young Avengers not 2 members & 5 random people that will flop just like West coast Avengers did.
    So let me get this straight WCA was bad so you want to use half the team? Also haven't Kate, and America also gotten prime focus like Billy and, Teddy? Isn't it less how random the characters and more who the characters are? And if volume 2 had new people doesn't that make it bad?

yes I'm discussing the preview and what transpired on these pages. such as Steve calling her ororo and she not having issue with it but then a few seconds later she's like call me storm. what's going on in champions has nothing to do with that disjointed but of interactions.
    It kind of does but it's okay you didn't read it. Just seems a little unfair to say vita is creating conflict when it existed in the story line itself but whatever. to each their own.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It kind of does but it's okay you didn't read it. Just seems a little unfair to say vita is creating conflict when it existed in the story line itself but whatever. to each their own.
    what occurred in champions that would make Ororo be ok with Steve calling her by her human name initially but suddenly wanting to be referred to by her xmen codename? I want to be fair so please explain.

what occurred in champions that would make Ororo be ok with Steve calling her by her human name initially but suddenly wanting to be referred to by her xmen codename? I want to be fair so please explain.
    naw im good you just going to have to read the thread. im going to bed. this convo been done to death. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

naw im good you just going to have to read the thread. im going to bed. this convo been done to death. lol
    I've read those previous posts and it doesn't explain it. as I've said its contrived and doesn't even make sense when its self contained or when one considers champions.

have a goodnight (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So let me get this straight WCA was bad so you want to use half the team? Also haven't Kate, and America also gotten prime focus like Billy and, Teddy? Isn't it less how random the characters and more who the characters are? And if volume 2 had new people doesn't that make it bad?
    I only put Kate & America on the list cause they ain't got **** going on & their less restricted compared to B & T who are running a newly formed Space Empire & on the Guardians of the Galaxy. Whether Volume 2 is bad is debatable I know a lot of people hated it because it didn't have all the originals I was not one of those people personally. I also didn't think WCA was bad but it follows the format old dude suggested of having a few members of the YA with the rest being roundabout characters from the MU & it didn't work so why would you try that again on a third Young Avengers volume knowing people are coming into it expecting the Young Avengers not 2 members & some tag alongs.

Astonishing Member

I only put Kate & America on the list cause they ain't got **** going on & their less restricted compared to B & T who are running a newly formed Space Empire & on the Guardians of the Galaxy. Whether Volume 2 is bad is debatable I know a lot of people hated it because it didn't have all the originals I was not one of those people personally. I also didn't think WCA was bad but it follows the format old dude suggested of having a few members of the YA with the rest being roundabout characters from the MU & it didn't work so why would you try that again on a third Young Avengers volume knowing people are coming into it expecting the Young Avengers not 2 members & some tag alongs.
    But what you are saying is bad for WCA and volume 3 idea of mixing, Volume 2 did that right? Volume 2 why is it having new members and some old gone ok, but volume 3 isn't. I do see your reasoning why Kate and America would be ok, and not Billy and Teddy. But with all that said, doesn't it come down to WHO is on the team even if they are new? What if they went with actual known connections of the past & current Avengers. Thunderstrike was mentioned, if they were on a team would that be bad? I want to see Luna Maximoff join the Young Avengers one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    But what you are saying is bad for WCA and volume 3 idea of mixing, Volume 2 did that right? Volume 2 why is it having new members and some old gone ok, but volume 3 isn't. I do see your reasoning why Kate and America would be ok, and not Billy and Teddy. But with all that said, doesn't it come down to WHO is on the team even if they are new? What if they went with actual known connections of the past & current Avengers. Thunderstrike was mentioned, if they were on a team would that be bad? I want to see Luna Maximoff join the Young Avengers one day.
    I mean if you want that good for you I don't see it happening but that's just me. I also don't see the point in bringing in new people to focus on when half the OG cast are blank canvases with stories to be told who barely appear as it is why should they get slighted out of their book to make way for newbies it's unnecessary Runaways has the same cast from their first book & their on 30 plus issues the YA can flourish just aswell with their OG cast. Luna & what's his face can remain in irrelevance.

Astonishing Member

I mean if you want that good for you I don't see it happening but that's just me. I also don't see the point in bringing in new people to focus on when half the OG cast are blank canvases with stories to be told who barely appear as it is why should they get slighted out of their book to make way for newbies it's unnecessary Runaways has the same cast from their first book & their on 30 plus issues the YA can flourish just aswell with their OG cast. Luna & what's his face can remain in irrelevance.
    But the Runaways did replace members. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gib_(Earth-616)

So let's use your logic what makes something good, focus on the main cast. Billy and Teddy are busy, and America at the time also has a book (she is also a new person so it might be better). Which means we have Kate, Eli, Tommy, Cassie, Jonas (can be rebuilt). Basically the OG team minus 2. If that is the case adding members to fill those 2 slots wouldn't push anyone away because they are busy doing their own thing right?

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

So these kids are not mutants, right? Or are they in a Kate Pryde-style situation? (Although I think it was very clear on Issue #1 that they are not mutants).

And predictably, this thread did not pass the vibe check.