Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It wasn't stated, it was shown. Kitty went running with him to a Krakoa portal without his parents authorization
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    did kate drag him. Did she force him against his will. If I recall he wanted to go at the first opportunity it was his father that had switched if his genes to prevent him from going. Like I said where is the receipt that franklin was taken against his will.
    Wow...we going down this rabbit hole again?

Let's try it this way...."No officer...my 15 year old daughter wasn't kidnapped...she willingly got on the plane to fly to a foreign country without my permission."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Let's try it this way...."No officer...my 15 year old daughter wasn't kidnapped...she willingly got on the plane to fly to a foreign country without my permission."

Ikr smh I shouldn't have brought it up even.

Astonishing Member

Please have you not heard of dual citizenship? You now that some people can be citizens of two countries right. Krakoa is a superpower unfortunately in the world superpowers make the rules and break the rules. Things america gets away with is what they bomb middle eastern countries for all the time. Krakoa being a home to all mutants is more or less like a safe space but a very powerful one and has souvereigty. A manis not allowed onto a safe space for women. Straight people are not allowed to safe spaces for queer people. Unless invited the space is strictly for the people it is for. Same goes for krakoa u less you are invited you aren't welcome it's simple. They gave the world a thor of their nation in house of x. If they aren't satisfied well that's none of their business you don't see other nations inspecting the United States why, because america won't allow it.
    You are missing the point completely. They are allowed to take any Mutant who commits a crime back, but they don't allow any basic UN inspections even though they have things like super scientist there. I am not saying they need to allow every person but if they want the world to work with them as a nation, they will have to as well.

Extraordinary Member

Ikr smh I shouldn't have brought it up even.
    You know we got some serious opinions up in here.

You do know that that wouldn’t fly in the United States. That would still be considered a minor and, unless the parents were proven unfit in which the child could be emancipated, the parent would have the authority.

If a adult helped her that is a crime, if adult is travelling with her? also a crime

What does the poorly written FF/X crossover whose primary motivation has already been retconned away have to do with this besides giving people stuff to be salty about?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    You are missing the point completely. They are allowed to take any Mutant who commits a crime back, but they don't allow any basic UN inspections even though they have things like super scientist there. I am not saying they need to allow every person but if they want the world to work with them as a nation, they will have to as well.
    But the avengers are repping no nations. I could see if official u.s diplomats came in but sorry currently in the nu set up the avengers are nobody. Would have been nice if they helped when they were though. Storm and co didn't excuse government officials what they did was send away a wakandian authorized avengers trying to talk to them on us soil. They have about a much clout as sending in a person off the street.

Honestly they just being noisy and trying to seem important in the current context of their situation. Actually thinking about them being run by wakanda makes you wonder if they thought storm would be soft because of the connection because otherwise they really have no clout now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But the avengers are repping no nations. I could see if official u.s diplomats came in but sorry currently in the nu set up the avengers are nobody. Would have been nice if they helped when they were though. Storm and co didn't excuse government officials what they did was send away a wakandian authorized avengers trying to talk to them on us soil. They have about a much clout as sending in a person off the street.

Honestly they just being noisy and trying to seem important in the current context of their situation. Actually thinking about them being run by wakanda makes you wonder if they thought storm would be soft because of the connection because otherwise they really have no clout now.
    They were just giving a heads up haha Storm overreacted

I highly doubt there was even any sentiment of them thinking Storm would be soft on them beyond baseless assertion especially considering they came asking for Xavier. Storm being there was nothing more than coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I highly doubt there was even any sentiment of them thinking Storm would be soft on them beyond baseless assertion especially considering they came asking for Xavier. Storm being there was nothing more than coincidence.
    That and writer convenience. If, say, Storm is going to be the primary point of contact between these kids and Krakoa it's best to get her involved in the story early.
    Dark does not mean deep.

True but as many have inferred things here i could infer once Steve saw storm he though (tchalla is my boy and this is his ex-wife) "oh hey ororo" and she checked him real quick. "Storm please." (nice to see you steve see ya at the next cook out with tchalla)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

True but as many have inferred things here i could infer once Steve saw storm he though (tchalla is my boy and this is his ex-wife) "oh hey ororo" and she checked him real quick. "Storm please." (nice to see you steve see ya at the next cook out with tchalla)
    steve was drawn to be angry and sneering at ororo. The avengers were framed as antagonistic. It makes sense when they were talking to mystique (esp for carol), but steve retaining that face for storm too for some reason seems to be a choice.

They were simply written as strawmen.

Extraordinary Member

You do know that that wouldn’t fly in the United States. That would still be considered a minor and, unless the parents were proven unfit in which the child could be emancipated, the parent would have the authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If a adult helped her that is a crime, if adult is travelling with her? also a crime
    Yes...I am equating what the X-men tried to do with Franklin with that. Trying to entice a minor away from his parents against their wishes.

Astonishing Member

Of course the person with no argument changes the subject, cause we weren't talking about the Avengers but as a whole Human-Mutant relations. My argument is they want to be able to have jurisdiction on all Mutant related crimes, but they bring them back and no one knows what happens there. Just not about the crimes they have a lot of advanced scientist and our allowed to do pretty much anything.
    As for the Avengers, they realize how freaking crazy this is. So before something crazy does happen maybe look after the people they claimed jurisdiction on.