Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    steve was drawn to be angry and sneering at ororo. The avengers were framed as antagonistic. It makes sense when they were talking to mystique (esp for carol), but steve retaining that face for storm too for some reason seems to be a choice.

They were simply written as strawmen.
    Now that part i can't say for sure. I'm not familiar with the artist beyond issue one and as someone who draws there has been many times someone who i wanted to look calm or surprised or even concerned ended up looking angry, crazed, or both. I look more to the script. So for instance i know every time Steve said Storm he said it condescending in my mind because it was in bold as was now, followed by a comma and ororo which to me said he gave more of a directive tone. Now, Ororo. Like he is putting her in her place. Those are things i've been trained by claremont i guess to pay attention to whereas storm's bold words were in concern and letting them know they were guests or mutant .
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-09-2021 at 05:34 PM. Reason: sorry on complete not move foot so i need my jack. typos. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Now that part i can't say for sure. I'm not familiar with the artist beyond issue one and as someone who draws there has been many times someone who i wanted to look calm or surprised or even concerned ended up looking angry, crazed, or both. I look more to the script. So for instance i know every time Steve said Storm he said it condescending in my mind because it was in bold as was now, followed by a comma and ororo which to me said he gave more of a directive tone. Now, Ororo. Like he is putting her in her place. Those are things i've been trained by claremont i guess to pay attention too whereas storm's bold words were in concern and letting them know they were guests or mutant .
    I normally see writers use quotes to convey if a word is said condescendingly or sarcastically. Its much easier. Like: "Alright then 'Storm'....".

In this i dont know how to read the multiple pauses. "....alright, then, Storm.". The pauses seemed to convey more he was caught off guard and ro telling him to say storm was also bolded, so it could be him mirroring it. But idk, it could very well be condescension given the artist (who are also directed by the writers somewhat)

I normally see writers use quotes to convey if a word is said condescendingly or sarcastically. Its much easier. Like: "Alright then 'Storm'....".

In this i dont know how to read the multiple pauses. "....alright, then, Storm.". The pauses seemed to convey more he was caught off guard and ro telling him to say storm was also bolded, so it could be him mirroring it. But idk, it could very well be condescension given the artist (who are also directed by the writers somewhat)
    I would agree if he stopped there but i checked my issue and when he said Storm again it was once again in bold. After saying ororo every time he called her the name she asked to be called, Storm, it was printed in bold. Now in my college English classes that meant something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would agree if he stopped there but i checked my issue and when he said Storm again it was once again in bold. After saying ororo every time he called her the name she asked to be called, Storm, it was printed in bold. Now in my college English classes that meant something.
    yes that's what I meant by:

ro telling him to say storm was also bolded, so it could be him mirroring it
    he doesn't say storm again because that's when the conversation ends

yes that's what I meant by:

he doesn't say storm again because that's when the conversation ends
    Yeah your right. Don't read previews with Jack. lol. Still condescending though. But i also agree with pkingdom that all this would have read better if it came out on time since COTA was originally promoted to be releasing around the time of outtlaw.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This book continues to look interesting when it's not focusing on it's main characters.
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I enjoyed Storm basically telling Cap, "You don't know me like that."
    Yas me to

I looooved Storm bringing the thunder
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

I mean, I dunno about you guys, but even before it was officially announced to be a mini I was pretty sure that the "children of the atom" wouldn't last due to the nature of the premise of the story. I expect either a lot of the kids dying or they all get depowered by the end, their story is showing young individuals who just want to be like their idols. and before people bring up young avengers, if this was years ago I might believe they could last, but the x-men have grown a lot with several characters that can succeed them and the characters these kids are copying are still highly active.

Extraordinary Member

Are these kids supposed to be mutants de-powered on M-Day or just human fanboys/girls??

Glad Storm drew the line for Steve. Don’t mess with our children!

Spectacular Member

also to show a perspective of humans who still like mutants after everything that's happened, so for me this book was always just another vehicle to touch on how the mutants are viewed with the krakoan society they are establishing and these kids are where we'll be following it, its not all that surprising to me that we're seeing what the x-men, avengers and possibly other groups as this book goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    also to show a perspective of humans who still like mutants after everything that's happened, so for me this book was always just another vehicle to touch on how the mutants are viewed with the krakoan society they are establishing and these kids are where we'll be following it, its not all that surprising to me that we're seeing what the x-men, avengers and possibly other groups as this book goes on.
    If they turn out to be human fans it’s an interesting perspective to show on the new mutant culture Krakoa is exploring, since some are very pro separatism. I don’t see most I Quite Council excepting in Krakoa. They should cross paths with the Champions, especially since Cyclops is still an honorary member. Generally young people are more progressive than their predecessors, but would be interesting to see if the some of them disagree with they kids being humans passing for Mutants when they can just be human superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Are these kids supposed to be mutants de-powered on M-Day or just human fanboys/girls??
    No one outside of Marvel offices knows yet. Everything else is just speculation, even if any particular guess proves to be right. And given the willingness to retcon all things mutant, even a definite reveal on panel is no longer the final word anymore.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    No one outside of Marvel offices knows yet. Everything else is just speculation, even if any particular guess proves to be right. And given the willingness to retcon all things mutant, even a definite reveal on panel is no longer the final word anymore.
    So I should hold out hope that these kids get shwacked, we find out they are NOT mutants (even de-powered), and Krakoans act all "oh well...it ain't like they were mutants so they don't matter"? Proving just how douchey the X-Men have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So I should hold out hope that these kids get shwacked, we find out they are NOT mutants (even de-powered), and Krakoans act all "oh well...it ain't like they were mutants so they don't matter"? Proving just how douchey the X-Men have gotten.
    Honestly, if that's how you feel my suggestion is to go to your local comic shop and cancel everything. If you aren't enjoying the stories put your money and time into something else.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 04-09-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Mentioned it in the past, but i wonder how the "normal humans playing mutants" scenario would play out if one or two of them eventualy become mutants while the rest remain baselines? Perhaps with the added factor that one gains usefull powers, but not those of their idol, while the other gains some less desirable ones.

Like Marvel guy gets teleportation powers creating a potential conflict with Daycrawler, while Cyclops Lass gets turned into a mole humanoid.

Wanting to be mutants in the age of Krakoa is all fun and games until one would have to deal with the reality of the super power lottery and the various problems it can involve to be one.