Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well after Wanda, Pietro & now Franklin it's not like their experts at identifying their own.
    very true, it is quite surprising the avengers and ff can't identify their own but they can rewrite mutant dna code. Perhaps reed would have been the best stop.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The Bible, just like comic books and all fiction, is open to interpretation, critique and disbelief. I'll close it off here since this is wildly off-topic but just to clarify no offense was meant to anyone.
    I'm sort of with you. I don't believe in the bible as translated today but i believe in a higher power. Man's way of controlling other men but not living it themselves is to use the bible but not live it's teachings. Not that off topic based on what cap and them are doing. People act like the bible wasn't commissioned by people in power and chopped up to support whatever doctrine they were shipping.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Comparing the Bible to comic books/fiction implying yet again that it's not real is again very insensitive & kinda tasteless to people's beliefs just letting ya know.
    I'm not implying anything, the Bible IS a work of fiction and commissioned by powerful men around a table. People are free to believe in whatever they want but it doesn't make it any more real.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm not implying anything, the Bible IS a work of fiction and commissioned by powerful men around a table. People are free to believe in whatever they want but it doesn't make it any more real.
    And last thing i will mention on this. Even beyond that if it's value is so great why have they not traditionally potrayed those within it to look as though they are described. i remember skin of copper and hair of wool to be particular. In a lot of ways that is the same as how Cap and Co are now trying to work around a law to help human children but when mutants were the primary targets like the bus incident, they weren't there. Jesus was an immigrant too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This looks great, I didn't expect it.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

1F130399-42ED-4DCA-B35E-486C427670B4.jpg

Chokes on my tea. Mystique, poster woman for child protection, as long as they’re not near a convenient waterfall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    The avengers disassociated with the US government a while ago. They really don't serve any nation.
    Furthermore, if you can walk through the front door, you're likely not barging in or trespassing, otherwise there would be heavier security, implicitly (unless you're saying they jumped a fence, beat up all the guards). And then we need to consider Madrox standing in as the receptionist/security so they didn't cross certain boundaries either. Storm calls them guests at the end of the preview, suggesting they werent trespassing either. And finally these are comic books. Various procedural aspects are simplified or streamlined for convenience and drama, so you won't see them making an appointment, waiting 1 month, filling 10 forms and so on.

Steve doesn't have as much political clout anymore, especially post secret empire. He spoke pretty passionately at the kamala's law hearing. Didn't take. The entirety of CW1 also shows he was utterly ineffective in preventing the law from passing or staying no matter how passionately he spoke or fought (and according to the watcher without the pro-regs acting as a lesser evil buffer it would've been far worse if cap united all heroes under his banner to simply fight the government)
    I am curious what about the people, doe he still have credence with the people or that is destroyed too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After reading it through a few times...the art really does the dialogue a great diservice. The words themselves are direct and to the point but when you see the expressions on their faces and their stances opposite each other then the interaction comes across more passive aggressive and a bit OOC for these characters given the very problematic situation being addressed. And while it may be the writer's intent to portray that scene as 'tense' for dramatic effect...I'm really sick of heroes being at each others' throats for no apparent reason.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

This looks better than New Mutants. I didn't expect Storm, Mystique, Avengers to show up here.

However, I still don't like the concept of the 5 new kids who are just copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I'd find it more believable if it wasn't Storm, who has been an Avenger.
    You think a Black man being a cop protects him from police treating him differently once he takes that badge off?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funny how apparently a Storm is being "advesarial" for stating facts. Was she wrong that cap and them stood up and protected Kamala and co during Outlaw but are now here in the mutant home trying to tell them to do with their own when they can't even get a wrangle on powered super children. So why are they bothering the mutants rather than the people who make the law. They feel it's a bad law they should go talk to their government. If a mutant needs them they can go find them. Maybe one day they will just show up to see "how are mutants?"
    I think I agree with you in principle. I think the issue I've been having is the general 'tone' the X-books have been veering towards, which this preview highlights. I love the revisionism that Xavier, Magneto and Moira in the background were all working towards a different goal, but I have a harder time digesting that suddenly ALL the X-Men have taken a "mutants vs. homo sapiens" stance. They've always worked towards integration and harmony, and now they've all drunk the kool-aid of the Krakoan mutant state. I was taken aback in House of X #5 when Polaris disdainfully says to Magneto "humans...is there any good in them"? It's out of character and negates that for 20 years of her life Lorna lived as and believed herself to be a regular human. Even Storm who growing up in Africa served her peoples and looked at all her 'children' under her protection is now seeing it as only mutants as "[her] own". I'm not sure about that tone shift.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I think I agree with you in principle. I think the issue I've been having is the general 'tone' the X-books have been veering towards, which this preview highlights. I love the revisionism that Xavier, Magneto and Moira in the background were all working towards a different goal, but I have a harder time digesting that suddenly ALL the X-Men have taken a "mutants vs. homo sapiens" stance. They've always worked towards integration and harmony, and now they've all drunk the kool-aid of the Krakoan mutant state. I was taken aback in House of X #5 when Polaris disdainfully says to Magneto "humans...is there any good in them"? It's out of character and negates that for 20 years of her life Lorna lived as and believed herself to be a regular human. Even Storm who growing up in Africa served her peoples and looked at all her 'children' under her protection is now seeing it as only mutants as "[her] own". I'm not sure about that tone shift.
    But that's real. I would be a liar if i said there aren't points when you see something so racist, so heinous, and you look around and the supposedly good people don't see it or don't react to it. There are moments where your like "f them. They just want to talk about change but they don't want to change anything that doesn't effect them directly." Sure you sleep on it, you wake up and you do the right thing. As per last issue we know mutant or not Storm felt the most strong about finding these children and offering them help. And here she is in New York city in the very outfit HOX implied as the golden years. So she is obviously going to do something but that doesn't mean she needs to explain to Cap and Co what she plans to do when she's never gotten that favor.

I mean i love all people but when one always coming at you for what feels like no reason at all a day or a moment or a period of time where you are actually affected by it doesn't erase how you feel every other day or how you are actually conducting your life and relationships.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Also this is the one thing i hate from Vita's writing. Which is contrived conflict. It's what also dragged down her issue of Marauders despite her strengths in everything else writing wise.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You can tell from all the talk about the Avengers not caring about kids in cages that most here aren't reading anything outside the X books. Because they actually have been working against it.
    But then they wouldn't be able to do the X-boards favorite thing, complaining about non x books they don't read

But yeah Storms being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    You think a Black man being a cop protects him from police treating him differently once he takes that badge off?
    it doesn't make their coworkers and friends magically into being their enemies. You'd think she'd never even met the Avengers before.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Didn’t Vita do the same thing with the Wakandans being unnecessarily condescending/hostile in X of Swords?
    That's not what happened but okay?
    "Cable was right!"