Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funny how apparently a Storm is being "advesarial" for stating facts. Was she wrong that cap and them stood up and protected Kamala and co during Outlaw but are now here in the mutant home trying to tell them to do with their own when they can't even get a wrangle on powered super children. So why are they bothering the mutants rather than the people who make the law. They feel it's a bad law they should go talk to their government. If a mutant needs them they can go find them. Maybe one day they will just show up to see "how are mutants?"

In Vita i trust.

And then some are saying how dumb the mutants will look when it comes out they arent mutants but wouldn't the avengers look more dumb. The xmen are on an island and these kids have been running around and the avengers can't even locate them so they wanted mutants to do it for them. Why show up empty handed, bring the perps.
    Yeah those are some good points

BANNED

Funny how apparently a Storm is being "advesarial" for stating facts. Was she wrong that cap and them stood up and protected Kamala and co during Outlaw but are now here in the mutant home trying to tell them to do with their own when they can't even get a wrangle on powered super children. So why are they bothering the mutants rather than the people who make the law. They feel it's a bad law they should go talk to their government. If a mutant needs them they can go find them. Maybe one day they will just show up to see "how are mutants?"
    its mostly writer's fiat (so i won't blame any character here), but when they stood up at the hearing it wasn't specifically about the champions but about the law in general. They were doing what storm was written to ask them to do, as in speak to the congress. The champions weren't on trial there so a defense of them wasn't necessary, but the avengers came there to stop the bill from passing by speaking out against it, while the champions disaster was the inciting incident for the hearing about this law.
    Furthermore, it's going to be way easier for krakoa to find, track and give amnesty and asylum to these "mutant" kids than it would be for the avengers given the geopolitical situation and that they have access to tech like cerebro.

So it makes sense for them to approach krakoa about this given that despite their attempts the law is a political reality. Though I'm mostly upset by the anger on both sides for no reason, for something that could be entirely amicable. It seems it was written for the "clapback" but has no substance.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-08-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Didn’t Vita do the same thing with the Wakandans being unnecessarily condescending/hostile in X of Swords?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Just some guy from the Bible all of humanity descends from supposedly. Except he only had 2 male sons, one of whom killed the other, and the human race died there and then.
    As you, I do not believe in the bible. However, let's not spit on other people's religions, okay.?

It is not big and not clever and shows little respect.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Imo having read cap, outlaw, and vita issue, power pack and champions I can admit things may have been thrown off by the timing from covid. But that doesn't mean the story doesn't line up just because part of it was delayed
    Storm and them already had a conversation bout these kids in issue one and they don't even believe them to be mutants but she still wanted to do something and that is why she is now in the embassy on new york so people can skip facts all they want but storm was in NYC because she was planning on helping those children
    And if she suspects avengers have the same Intel she has which stands to reason given all the geniuses they know. One could easily make the connection cap and co were trying to use mutantd to help these human children like they did the champions but what is cap doing. What are they putting on the.line? Why would storm risk a mutant safe place for human children, even if she.cares when the avengers have done barely anything for mutants. They never stood up to the laws that affected mutant children but we should feel some sort of way because he was willing to out his face on the line in court for human teens. If that's not a hypocrite I don't know what is. Especially bringing carol and Tony after civil war.

And you know what since people talking about petty, maybe storm still mad cap told her husband to sit down during a vs x and how dangerous phoenix was but now they all jonsing for it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-09-2021 at 03:25 AM. Reason: phone so typos
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And that is not even adding to the fact that like the marauders issue people like to talk about once again storm is in diplomatic colors and another. Outfit. In this case the one the human world would know her best in besides her original. So how do we know she doesn't have meetings planned like she did with wakanda. And cap and co are just vigilante heroes for the most part so who behalf were they even approaching anybody on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And then some are saying how dumb the mutants will look when it comes out they arent mutants but wouldn't the avengers look more dumb. The xmen are on an island and these kids have been running around and the avengers can't even locate them so they wanted mutants to do it for them. Why show up empty handed, bring the perps.
    I don't get why you think that the Avengers would look dumb, they are clearly giving the mutants of Krakoa the opportunity to deal with this situation.
    Could you imagine Storms reaction if the Avengers had taken the kids to Krakoa themselves.
    These kids are regarded as mutants by everybody atm.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I don't get why you think that the Avengers would look dumb, they are clearly giving the mutants of Krakoa the opportunity to deal with this situation.
    Could you imagine Storms reaction if the Avengers had taken the kids to Krakoa themselves.
    These kids are regarded as mutants by everybody atm.
    Cap can't have the same conversations with mutants. They are in a position of power now. He just can't come in and be all like "well you have to do something." no they don't. They have proper channels, there is nothing a vigilante team of avengers can do for the xmen or anybody else and they know it but when they were in a position of power and working for the government where were they? Why is this law such a big deal now that human children are going to be the ones impacted. Maybe this will wake up their parents to the mutant plight. And he would look dumb imo because these human children are running around in NYC where they are for the most part, and they can't locate them?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Cap can't have the same conversations with mutants. They are in a position of power now. He just can't come in and be all like "well you have to do something." no they don't. They have proper channels, there is nothing a vigilante team of avengers can do for the xmen or anybody else and they know it but when they were in a position of power and working for the government where were they? Why is this law such a big deal now that human children are going to be the ones impacted. Maybe this will wake up their parents to the mutant plight. And he would look dumb imo because these human children are running around in NYC where they are for the most part, and they can't locate them?
    But nobody knows that these kids are humans or mutants, even us readers aren't 100% sure atm.
    I don't think Cap is demanding anything, I think that he is just giving the mutants the heads up to avoid an international incident.
    Otherwise the writer would have had Cap holding Cyclops Lass' earlobe "saying do these belong to you" ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Didn’t Vita do the same thing with the Wakandans being unnecessarily condescending/hostile in X of Swords?
    You mean when Storm broke Wakandan law, stole a holy relic and was given a free pass instead of locked in a Wakanda prison for the rest of her natural life like she deserved?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

How TF has nobody figured out they aren't mutants yet. It shouldn't be that hard

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    How TF has nobody figured out they aren't mutants yet. It shouldn't be that hard
    Well after Wanda, Pietro & now Franklin it's not like their experts at identifying their own.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    As you, I do not believe in the bible. However, let's not spit on other people's religions, okay.?

It is not big and not clever and shows little respect.
    The Bible, just like comic books and all fiction, is open to interpretation, critique and disbelief. I'll close it off here since this is wildly off-topic but just to clarify no offense was meant to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I enjoyed Storm basically telling Cap, "You don't know me like that."
    I didn't, she was an Avenger, they were friends and she's acting like a jerk.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The Bible, just like comic books and all fiction, is open to interpretation, critique and disbelief. I'll close it off here since this is wildly off-topic but just to clarify no offense was meant to anyone.
    Comparing the Bible to comic books/fiction implying yet again that it's not real is again very insensitive & kinda tasteless to people's beliefs just letting ya know.