Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Maybe, but they have the experience and age to be, well, regular Avengers.
    It's called Brand my G don't fix what ain't broke!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It is true though that they have been playing up there being more tension between the human and mutant heroes even in She-Hulk it's weirdly framed like Jen is being a bigot for a second for raising an eyebrow about Krakoa, though her and Logan are still friendly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But still that doesn't answer the real question here. Why does the main marvel line keep creating events that make their heros look bad because they don't want to deal with it in their solo books. Why make a story that affects the entire MU but then you are not addressing it in your own books? That seems really weird to me.
    That's not the real question here at all honestly. But I'll try to answer something tangetially
    Events are always a biannual sometimes triannual phenomenon and being events they're "big". No single solo writer would be able to include their character in every one of these events in their solo for it without interrupting their story or making the entire 12-14 issues you get a year "tie ins" to those events. For that simple matter, the old rule of xyz group of heroes being unavailable applies.

However if the event directly affects you or is about your character (like with champions, ghost spider etc) you're more likely to have that tie in specifically allotted to you for publicity. In that, the onus falls on the writer of these characters to either create a meaningful conflict if there is to be one, or show them helping, or give a reason for their absence if they "ought" to be there because some relationships.

Now the problem can be solved at a points: Don't have events at all, which seem to be a big part of revenue. Or handle the writing in the series you get a tie in to by obeying the few rules so you're not fucking over some other character.

Hero vs Hero events/stories are another specific subset, but them seem to have lost their lustre and aren't a good economic model because fans becoming apathic and start the book eventually.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-10-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

True and if i'm running a country i'm taking that in to account. In a world where mutants are killed for simply existing i would not have accepted super powered humans who parents can be kidnapped and held at gunpoint on tv to say whatever they want about my nation and what i may be doing with there kids. But i like to think ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That makes zero sense. They are heroes, they aren't there to commit crimes. And there is the option to turn them over to USA government if anything wrong happens.
    You are reating non-existing problems
    It looks to me like Storm and Mystique are implying that no mutant will be held accountable to human law...no matter what law they break. And that needs to be looked at. What will they do if a mutant commits serious crimes and the country they broke the law in refuses to give them up? Or what if a mutant commits a violent crime and gets shot and killed while committing the crime? How is Krakoa going to react to that?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Young Avengers are too old to be "Young Avengers" anymore. Two are husbands for gods sake. They aren't kids anymore.
    I would think that a new team could consist of some old...and more new. Patriot, Hawkeye (Kate), and Cassie (who IIRC is 16)....along with 5 new young characters. Some existing like Thunderstrike and Spider-Girl with some new old Avenger legacy types.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    That's not the real question here at all honestly. But I'll try to answer something tangetially
    Events are always a biannual sometimes triannual phenomenon and being events they're "big". No single solo writer would be able to include their character in every one of these events in their solo for it without interrupting their story or making the entire 12-14 issues you get a year "tie ins" to those events. For that simple matter, the old rule of xyz group of heroes being unavailable applies.

However if the event directly affects you or is about your character (like with champions, ghost spider etc) you're more likely to have that tie in specifically allotted to you for publicity. In that, the onus falls on the writer of these characters to either create a meaningful conflict if there is to be one, or show them helping, or give a reason for their absence if they "ought" to be there because some relationships.

Now the problem can be solved at a points: Don't have events at all, which seem to be a big part of revenue. Or handle the writing in the series you get a tie in to by obeying the few rules so you're not fucking over some other character.
    I get what your saying but that doesn't make sense to me. In a shared universe, if your office is going to make an event that affects all books and is suppose to continue on as law and something that affects the world itself for months to come, then it is on the writers in those books to show how their characters feel. That is their job. They may have been hired to tell whatever story they want and that's cool but so is the scrutiny the characters get. It was the champions writers job to write the champions and how they were affected by this overall storyline plan. It was not their job to show how Cap, Carol, or anybody else felt because their fans were buying it for the champions. As people have mentioned many times the writer shouldn't have to waste their panel space explaining the stance of a character in a shared universe on a shared directive that is affecting characters on the same planet.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I get what your saying but that doesn't make sense to me. In a shared universe, if your office is going to make an event that affects all books and is suppose to continue on as law and something that affects the world itself for months to come, then it is on the writers in those books to show how their characters feel. That is their job. They may have been hired to tell whatever story they want and that's cool but so is the scrutiny the characters get. It was the champions writers job to write the champions and how they were affected by this overall storyline plan. It was not their job to show how Cap, Carol, or anybody else felt because their fans were buying it for the champions. As people have mentioned many times the writer shouldn't have to waste their panel space explaining the stance of a character in a shared universe on a shared directive that is affecting characters on the same planet.
    An event gives you more room to play with other characters and also more panel space, and they can and did show how these certain characters reacted to it.
    The law didn't even continue for months. Week or 2 at best.

An event gives you more room to play with other characters and also more panel space, and they can and did show how these certain characters reacted to it.
    The law didn't even continue for months. Week or 2 at best.
    Ok so why didn't the champion writers just have Cap show up? Isn't champions in the main line. So help me out here. Why did that line not throw cap in the book to help out. I just don't get it. If he care so much why couldn't they spare an appearance in the book even if it was just to get the champions to cyclops. If that happened i would 100% agree that this preview makes no sense. How hard would that have been to do? That is all i'm saying. They come up with these events then expect other properties to make them look good.

I mean apparently even the writers and editors don't believe it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-10-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Ok so why didn't the champion writers just have Cap show up? Isn't champions in the main line. So help me out here. Why did that line not throw cap in the book to help out. I just don't get it. If he care so much why couldn't they spare an appearance in the book even if it was just to get the champions to cyclops. If that happened i would 100% agree that this preview makes no sense. How hard would that have been to do? That is all i'm saying. They come up with these events then expect other properties to make them look good.

I mean apparently even the writers and editors don't believe it.
    they did... they wanted to include people helping at some step of the process in some way... but also try to explain why they won't be able to help at xyz point. avengers stand up at the hearing and offer support, and in some books help em escape but get occupied by a crisis somewhere along the line, krakoa can't fully help beyond rescue at one point because of the geopolitics, but the ultimate resolution has to come from the champions because theyre the core characters.

this is going in circles now honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would think that a new team could consist of some old...and more new. Patriot, Hawkeye (Kate), and Cassie (who IIRC is 16)....along with 5 new young characters. Some existing like Thunderstrike and Spider-Girl with some new old Avenger legacy types.
    Yeah no thats not needed when both runs ended prematurely not due to lack of sales but just because the writers were done. Their's still so much story to be stood with the OG cast newbies are not required or even wanted if I'm being honest, why add a bunch of randoms no one cares about when that time could be devoted to giving Eli an epic storyline or Tommy, Cassie, Ect which is what the fans want.

this is going in circles now honestly.
    Pretty much so agree to disagree. Good chat though. ^_^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah no thats not needed when both runs ended prematurely not due to lack of sales but just because the writers were done. Theirs still so much story to be stood with the OG cast newbies are not required or even wanted if I'm being honest, why add a bunch of randoms no one cares about when that time could be devoted to giving Eli an epic storyline or Tommy, Cassie, Ect which is the fans want.
    OG cast...

Eli
    Kate
    Cassie
    Tommy...not against him returning but think he could be used elsewhere...maybe in an X-Book
    Billy...married and off in space
    Teddy...married and off in space ruling an empire
    Baby Kang....off becoming Kang
    Jonah...dismantled...maybe bring his program back in a different body.

I am not against them staying in touch...but a team has to evolve. People move on and new ones come in.

Would Avengers or X-Men be the same thing it is now if the original line up never changed?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-10-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm glad to see im not the only one who found this to be a contrived mess. xfans deserve better imho
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    OG cast...

Eli
    Kate
    Cassie
    Tommy...not against him returning but think he could be used elsewhere...maybe in an X-Book
    Billy...married and off in space
    Teddy...married and off in space ruling an empire
    Baby Kang....off becoming Kang
    Jonah...dismantled...maybe bring his program back in a different body.

I am not against them staying in touch...but a team has to evolve. People move on and new ones come in.

Would Avengers or X-Men be the same thing it is now if the original line up never changed?
    Avengers & X-Men had time & opportunity to grow as a brand and tons of stories told before branching out & adding more people the Young Avengers were not given that liberty. They are a self-contained brand equivalent to that of the Runaways their is no need for them to evolve at this point in time.

The ideal team for a third volume is the original & those from volume 2. Ideally Eli, Kate, Cassie, Tommy, Billy & Teddy would be welcome but their more restricted & have gotten prime focus other places they can be special guest. From volume two Noh-Var, David, & Loki are busy so throw in America & you can add the siblings from West Coast Avengers she & Kate are dating as they were paired up with the Young Avengers during Empyre as New blood. First storyline can be ressurecting Jonas it's a plot hole that needs to be addressed. Boom Volume 3 begins! Any book titled Young Avengers people will want the Young Avengers not 2 members & 5 random people that will flop just like West coast Avengers did.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm glad to see im not the only one who found this to be a contrived mess. xfans deserve better imho
    I'd rather have seen Ororo smack scuba Steve upside his big head for talking out of turn like he ran something.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I'd rather have seen Ororo smack scuba Steve upside his big head for talking out of turn like he ran something.
    I dont mind her laying hands on hatemonger but here hands being laid and the hostile tone was unnecessary based upon what transpired.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!