Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Would there be a fictional super hero TV show in 616?

In the real world we have cop shows...in a world with super heroes and super villains would they make a fictional TV show about them?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-08-2021 at 02:06 PM.

I guess the show would have to be structured differently.

I remember at one point the plans for Damage control would involve Squadron supreme characters.. I guess the plan is scuttled now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    In the real world we have cop shows...in a world with super heroes and super villains would they make a fictional TV show about them?
    No.
    There will never be a 616 live action or cartoon marvel canon show just like there will never be a dc canon show.
    Too many comics and too much history etc...
    Plus for live action shows you have to get actors,costumes that look exactly like the comics as possible etc..
    That why there are alternate universe shows like the mcu,the arrowverse etc..

It easier to have characters from universes completly separte from marvel and dc universes that started out live action to make to comics and cartoons then canon comics to make into live action or even cartoons for example.

Note -
    Cartoons/or cgi cartoons will alway be the closest to comics by the way in when it comics of look,action,story etc.. but even then they are still there own thing
    Last edited by mace11; 04-08-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No.
    There will never be a 616 live action or cartoon marvel canon show just like there will never be a dc canon show.
    Too many comics and too much history etc...
    Plus for live action shows you have to get actors,costumes that look exactly like the comics as possible etc..
    That why there are alternate universe shows like the mcu,the arrowverse etc..

It easier to have characters from universes completly separte from marvel and dc universes that started out live action to make to comics and cartoons then canon comics to make into live action or even cartoons for example.

Note -
    Cartoons/or cgi cartoons will alway be the closest to comics by the way in when it comics of look,action,story etc.. but even then they are still there own thing
    No..not a 616 live action or cartoon...A super hero TV show inside the 616 universe that they watch.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

They can try… after they get permission from the capes in question.

But, would anyone watch when you can just look out your window to see them in action?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

But, would anyone watch when you can just look out your window to see them in action?
    Not a FF or Avengers...but 'original' characters in the show.

DC Comics exist in the Marvel Universe, so I would imagine that the Arrowverse and the Justice League movie would exist in 616 as well. But the Marvel Cinematic Universe would not, as Marvel comics in 616 are based on real people. You could probably just watch news footage!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-09-2021 at 01:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I mean, your average civilian won't know all the drama and story of those superheroes. People don't just watch those people do stuff and move around.
    Another question is, would superheroes and powered beings be a norm in their media? Like if someone write a romance drama about a regular dude and a mutant, it won't be catergorized as "superhero" or "sci-fi" right?

I don't see any reason why not. Wait, there is. In FF 209, HERBIE is introduced and a semi-mta line was done about him being part of the FF cartoon show and Johnny being out of town the day the contracts were signed.

The answer is yes.

For MU shows about fictional heroes, I don't specifically know of any, but the first place I'd look is the history of Wonder man's Hollywood acting career.

Ultimate Member

Not all of us live in New York City! Having lived in Arizona, Oklahoma and New Hampshire, I can confidently say that I would have never seen a superhero or villain outside any of my windows.

I wonder if a masked hero has any legal recourse if someone chooses to make a movie with actors playing them and make a bunch of money off of it. It's not like Daredevil or Spider-Man could sue for IP theft without unmasking in court to prove that they are the real Daredevil or Spider-Man, or likely has even trademarked or copyrighted anything about their identity as those characters. (Someone with a public identity, like Jennifer Walters or Reed Richards, not so safe to make movies about without their permission, although, as they are public figures, one can make a docudrama *about* them, just probably have a harder time making any sort of 'real life story of X' without crossing over into obvious parody or something...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-09-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I mean, they've had several superhero reality television shows (I'm counting X-Statix here along with that one New Warriors team). They release fictionalized comic books of superheroes. They had a Spider-Man movie in the Ultimate Universe and I feel like they had DD star in a movie as himself in that one issue with Stunt Master, but it's been a while since I've read it. So I'm sure they could have a TV Show about superheroes easily.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

1) Maybe--they show clippings on the news.

2) No--they have cops-and-robbers.

3) Yes, they do a funny take with hokey heroes and villains. The real heroes and villains talk about how they are better.

4) Sort-of--They show footage of the villains fighting the heroes as the cartoon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Having lived in Arizona, Oklahoma and New Hampshire, I can confidently say that I would have never seen a superhero or villain outside any of my windows.
    But, but… Thor moved Asgard to Oklahoma for some time. You could have been just lucky enough see him flying outside your window had the move coincided with your residency there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    1) Maybe--they show clippings on the news.

2) No--they have cops-and-robbers.

3) Yes, they do a funny take with hokey heroes and villains. The real heroes and villains talk about how they are better.

4) Sort-of--They show footage of the villains fighting the heroes as the cartoon.
    I know, right?! Totally off-topic, but your post reminded me of the back-up ("No Place to Run") from Marvel Team-Up Annual #7 (1984):