Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah, god-Superman doesn't work without audiences seeing how he feels as a person

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    All I am saying is there is an arc and there is progression happening.
    Not really,bvs has a guy getting nuked by the people whom he protected.Bvs showed how Clark was saving people and had internal conflict regarding "saving farms causing death to Lana lang's horses "(it's regarding zod/Krypton being dead,the Africa incident..etc).He also had to come to terms what his limits when faced with another vigilante.Also,Bruce and Nietzschean shtick is basically the one in the wrong or antagonistic the entire movie.The movie was pro " there is larger reason for you being here Clark" .look how "Martha" saved the day or Lois coming right in time.Bruce and his "dieing in the gutter for no reason at all" nihlistic thought process lost.These things aren't nearly fleshed out.I will grant you that.The themes I mean.Snyder does this long drawn out movie.That's atleast coherent.When he is forced to cut things down it doesn't work.

Cap had a full series.superman didn't get that luxury nor Snyder.As for slow motion and sad looks.It's his style.He can't something else.It's like asking me to play a guitar, when all I know is how to fence.
    I get what Snyder was doing, I just think he failed. Like I said he bet on theme and philosophical imagery and it didn't connect to most of the audience, so the largest part of the public didn't care when he died, didn't buy into the whole world mourinig his death or care when he came back to life, except for a cool fight scene it generate since he came back evil.

And again, Snyder couldn't have done something else, I agree with you, James Wan and Patty Jenkins could and that's why the audience liked their movies more. They are just more versatile filmakers, Wan comes from horror and Jenkins most known work was Monster and crime movie, yet both capable of making action adventure superhero stories. I really like Cavill as Superman and would like he to have another shot in a solo movie, I just hope that if it happens, WB get a more suitable director, someone capable of understanding the character beyond Christ metaphors and pretentious philosophical questions.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 04-11-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd say there is an arc and progression across the movies, but only in the loosest/most superficial sense of the terms.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd say there is an arc and progression across the movies, but only in the loosest/most superficial sense of the terms.
    I can see what Snyder was trying to set up, but like you said, it's too bare-bones. I really needed to see how he felt, and even just some everyday scenes to show Clark as a person.

We should reboot right? Shame Cavill never got his chance though

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Idk. I think they could just make a good Superman movie where he's actually, you know, Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk. I think they could just make a good Superman movie where he's actually, you know, Superman
    They should adapt Tom King's Up in the Sky, just remove the League stuff, give Batman's role in the story to Lois, don't have Superman imagining her dying in a thousand different ways and it would be a perfect movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They should adapt Tom King's Up in the Sky, just remove the League stuff, give Batman's role in the story to Lois, don't have Superman imagining her dying in a thousand different ways and it would be a perfect movie.
    Yeah, and he can actually spend time in outer space in live action

Fantastic Member

Yeah, god-Superman doesn't work without audiences seeing how he feels as a person
    I don't know where the god-superman thing comes from?? There are a lot of heroes and villains in the Dc universe that are just as powerful or more powerful than superman!! Some act like superman can't be beaten or never has been beaten. He get beaten regularly, most of the time superman serve as a bunch bag for the villains as well as the heroes in the Dc universe. A lot of the time i wonder where he get his rep From!! Because superman get his ass kicked so much!!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 04-12-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I don't know where the god-superman thing comes from?? There are a lot of heroes and villains in the Dc universe that are just as powerful or more powerful than superman!! Some act like superman can't be beaten or never has been beaten. He get beaten regularly, most of the time superman serve as a bunch bag for the villains as well as the heroes in the Dc universe. A lot of the time i wonder where he get his rep From!! Because superman get his ass kicked so much??
    Idk either. Isn't the reason we keep coming back to him because he has a distinct personality? So how can we see that in a movie if he's just used as a symbol?

I think the Superman is OP thing is somewhat overblown. And an OP character can be interesting in the right premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'd want to say yes, and it looks like they are rebooting, but it looks like they're going in a "not better" direction going by what everyone says about the new writer. Plus I'm not a fan of racebending.

Sadly the Superman and Lois show looks like the best live action version we're getting this decade. Which, if you aren't a huge fan of the small town family man angle for the Man of Tomorrow, well...

Yeah, I'm just **** out of luck.

Ultimate Member

Is it too hard to get a Superman movie in space? Or with Supergirl? Or Brainiac?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Is it too hard to get a Superman movie in space? Or with Supergirl? Or Brainiac?
    You may get a Supergirl and Brainiac story, but without Clark.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You may get a Supergirl and Brainiac story, but without Clark.
    That's possible. She's supposed to appear in the Flash movie, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd want to say yes, and it looks like they are rebooting, but it looks like they're going in a "not better" direction going by what everyone says about the new writer. Plus I'm not a fan of racebending.

Sadly the Superman and Lois show looks like the best live action version we're getting this decade. Which, if you aren't a huge fan of the small town family man angle for the Man of Tomorrow, well...

Yeah, I'm just **** out of luck.
    I'm with you there. I hate racebending it's so f*cling stupid that WB is even considering the idea. I hate it. Just use Icon or something. Why is this so hard you have writers that get the character, ask them for input.