Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Relevant to this thread where Terrio complains that WB butchered his kino and he was the genius who had to correct their blunders: he wanted to call BvS “Son of Sun and Knight of Night”. Honestly I don’t know about you guys but that definitely sells me on him being the smart one in the room
    Well, that is...a title.

Last edited by DochaDocha; 04-19-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They should, but I'm just giving reasons why studios don't always adapt PoC heroes
    I don't know, has the studio ever claimed that as the reason? Because I suspect the studio is run by execs who don't even know who all they got and just went the lazy route of "Let's make Superman black, maybe he'll make more money this time."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know, has the studio ever claimed that as the reason? Because I suspect the studio is run by execs who don't even know who all they got and just went the lazy route of "Let's make Superman black, maybe he'll make more money this time."
    I don't get why everyone calls this lazy. Why does that word get overused?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't get why everyone calls this lazy. Why does that word get overused?
    Because it fits? Because we believe that it is indeed and truly lazy? It's overused because it's correct and there's not a better word for it. Calling it a "fine example of slothfulness" just doesn't come as naturally as "that's just lazy" as far as word choices go.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Because it fits? Because we believe that it is indeed and truly lazy? It's overused because it's correct and there's not a better word for it. Calling it a "fine example of slothfulness" just doesn't come as naturally as "that's just lazy" as far as word choices go.
    Having another white Superman is lazier than racebending the character.

Feel like you guys have drifted waaaay off topic here
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-19-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Terrio and Snyder are just so adorable sometimes.

Son of Sun & Knight of Night?

wow.
    Very on brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    Not really, no. Because it would mean they'd still have to put in actual work developing a POC character somewhere else. Like making a Vixen movie.

Relevant to this thread where Terrio complains that WB butchered his kino and he was the genius who had to correct their blunders: he wanted to call BvS “Son of Sun and Knight of Night”. Honestly I don’t know about you guys but that definitely sells me on him being the smart one in the room
    At least Son of Sun and Knight of Night would have gotten the movie less flak for the sole reason that it takes too damn long to say.

Also good luck translating that. For other countries it would sound like "Child of Star and Warrior of Darkness". (Actually, wtf that sounds kind-of better)

They should have just called the movie Dawn of Justice and left out the BvS part.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-20-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Or what about simply calling it Batman vs Superman.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Not really, no. Because it would mean they'd still have to put in actual work developing a POC character somewhere else. Like making a Vixen movie.
    A black Superman doesn't let WB off the hook. They still have to make other superhero movies with a POC characters.

Ultimate Member

Constantly going back to Batman and not following up on any Green Lantern or Superman projects is what I would call lazy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'll just repost my initial reaction from elsewhere because I was bewildered by the sheer magnificence of that title.

"It sounds like a thirteen year-old trying to name a prog rock album he thinks will get him laid."

Weird hill to die on, but it's your opinion. I don't think playing the character straight is lazy, but then I don't think Superman needs to be fixed, retooled or reconfigured so much as just embraced unapologetically.

I'm still taken a bit aback by the concept that it's lazy not to change an established character's race.

A black Superman doesn't let WB off the hook. They still have to make other superhero movies with a POC characters.
    AT&T/WB probably doesn't view it that way. They most likely think making Superman black does let them off the hook. Probably part of the appeal.