Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Sony Spider-Man Netflix deal and Hulk

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-sony-spi...harted-rights/

So, the Venom sequel, No Way Home and the Into the Spider-Verse sequel are not included but future Spider-Man movies and Venom movies are going to Netflix. Marvel really messed up back in the 90s selling the Spidey IP. From 2002-11 we got two reboots and two different origin stories, proving that Sony has no idea how to handle SM as good as MCU. At least Disney has a distribution deal with Sony for more MCU Spidey. But MCU Spidey movies and Hulk 2008 both need to be on Disney+ for MCU sinergy. It kinda sucks that you have to either buy the blu-ray or sub to two different platforms if you're doing future MCU rewatches. Amazing that Disney couldn't work out a deal before Netflix did.

We're totally getting a Spider-Man/Venom crossover out of this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're totally getting a Spider-Man/Venom crossover out of this.
    Yeah you're probably right. Given the fact that Michael Keaton's Vulture shows up in the Morbius trailer Morbius will probably show up too.

What do you mean Marvel really messed up selling the Spidey IP? It made marvel tons of money and Spiderman a A least hero plus we got really good moves out of the deal that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise because you know the MCU wasn't a thing yet and if you don't think the MCU will do some kinda soft reboot in the next 11 years just like Sony did think again also what does hulk have to do with this he is unvesl.

I always buy the BluRay anyways. They had that nice steel book with the two MCU Spidey movies, Spider-Verse, and Venom.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Marvel really messed up back in the 90s selling the Spidey IP.
    If Marvel didn't sell the Spider-Man rights to Sony there might not even be a Marvel right now considering the sale was one of the things that helped pull them back from bankruptcy. Having them on two streaming services is a small price to pay for even getting the movies to begin with.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What do you mean Marvel really messed up selling the Spidey IP? It made marvel tons of money and Spiderman a A least hero plus we got really good moves out of the deal that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise because you know the MCU wasn't a thing yet and if you don't think the MCU will do some kinda soft reboot in the next 11 years just like Sony did think again also what does hulk have to do with this he is unvesl.
    I don't think the MCU will be rebooted that quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think the MCU will be rebooted that quickly
    I fully expect at least a soft/part reboot in 10 to 15 years from now tops.

Ultimate Member

Really? I feel they're in this for the long haul

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really? I feel they're in this for the long haul
    Ya in 10-15 years the MCU is going to be close to 25-30 years old that is the Long haul at the very least they have to recast or replace evayone in the MCU in that amount of time like I said a soft reboot is most likely.

Dunno, they've still got lots of IPs to work with and a knack for getting audiences to care about obscure characters.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dunno, they've still got lots of IPs to work with and a knack for getting audiences to care about obscure characters.
    I would still count that as a soft reboot tho.

Ultimate Member

But by then the comics would also have new characters to be adapted

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/netflix-sony-spi...harted-rights/

So, the Venom sequel, No Way Home and the Into the Spider-Verse sequel are not included but future Spider-Man movies and Venom movies are going to Netflix. Marvel really messed up back in the 90s selling the Spidey IP. From 2002-11 we got two reboots and two different origin stories, proving that Sony has no idea how to handle SM as good as MCU. At least Disney has a distribution deal with Sony for more MCU Spidey. But MCU Spidey movies and Hulk 2008 both need to be on Disney+ for MCU sinergy. It kinda sucks that you have to either buy the blu-ray or sub to two different platforms if you're doing future MCU rewatches. Amazing that Disney couldn't work out a deal before Netflix did.
    Marvel did not really have a choice back then. They needed the money to avoid getting bankrupt.
    And it is not a surprise that Sony will not put the Spider-Man movies on Disney +.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Marvel did not really have a choice back then. They needed the money to avoid getting bankrupt.
    And it is not a surprise that Sony will not put the Spider-Man movies on Disney +.
    Exactly. If Marvel hadn't have licensed off those IPs the entire company would have gone bankrupt and either sold off (with different characters going to different people) or would have been purchased by another publisher such as DC.

It was do or die and those films deals helped them to keep the lights on long enough until they became financially viable again.