Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Exactly. If Marvel hadn't have licensed off those IPs the entire company would have gone bankrupt and either sold off (with different characters going to different people) or would have been purchased by another publisher such as DC.

It was do or die and those films deals helped them to keep the lights on long enough until they became financially viable again.
    And because of the bad deals they had to do back then, later they took a risk with the first Iron Man and made it themself. I would say it worked out in the end^^

Mighty Member

Ok, so why then can Disney not make a deal to have their MCU SM movies on Disney+ and Netflix was able to fork over the cash? From what Tom Holland said Disney and Sony have worked out a deal for future entries of Peter in the MCU. So, I'm not sure why Homecoming/Far From Home/No Way Home can't be housed there for viewers. Because Sony doesn't have a streaming platform to put the movies on. Hence why Morbius and Venom/Carnage releases got pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Ok, so why then can Disney not make a deal to have their MCU SM movies on Disney+ and Netflix was able to fork over the cash? From what Tom Holland said Disney and Sony have worked out a deal for future entries of Peter in the MCU. So, I'm not sure why Homecoming/Far From Home/No Way Home can't be housed there for viewers. Because Sony doesn't have a streaming platform to put the movies on. Hence why Morbius and Venom/Carnage releases got pushed back.
    Netflix offered them a better deal. Or maybe Disney didn't care enough to out bid Netflix.

Just because Sony and Disney have a deal to have Spider-Man in the MCU movies doesn't mean Disney made the movies. Sony still did, and it's their choice on how they wish to distribute them.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Those movie deals are most likely for No Way Home and appearances in other MCU movies like we had in Avengers and Civil War. Netflix forked over the cash because they have to, Both Marvel and DC have their own streaming platform, contracts will run out on the comic book movies they have right now.
    When that happens they are at the mercy of 2 companies that are stearing towards exclusivity. Sony deal allows Netflix to still have a steady stream of comic book movies in their library.

It's a battle for content.

Remember, that Netflix got completely cut off from Disney content. Netflix is hungry to maintain their standing as "THE" streaming service. They need to constantly feed the beast with top-shelf content.

Also, Netflix is not shy about throwing money around to get things done. Things that might never get produced elsewhere, Netflix is the right back-door man to make it happen.

Finally, Disney is in direct competition with both Sony & Netflix. They are both naturally allies against the great Rat.

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-sony-spi...harted-rights/

So, the Venom sequel, No Way Home and the Into the Spider-Verse sequel are not included but future Spider-Man movies and Venom movies are going to Netflix. Marvel really messed up back in the 90s selling the Spidey IP. From 2002-11 we got two reboots and two different origin stories, proving that Sony has no idea how to handle SM as good as MCU. At least Disney has a distribution deal with Sony for more MCU Spidey. But MCU Spidey movies and Hulk 2008 both need to be on Disney+ for MCU sinergy. It kinda sucks that you have to either buy the blu-ray or sub to two different platforms if you're doing future MCU rewatches. Amazing that Disney couldn't work out a deal before Netflix did.
    You think the MCU Spider-Man is good?
    Wow. Different strokes for different folks.
    Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Into the Spider-Verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MCU Spidey

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Into the Spider-Verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MCU Spidey
    IMO the Amazing Spider-Man movies cancel that out

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'll take MCU Spider-man over those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I like the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

So I wonder if Netflix is going to have access to all of sinus movies? And tv shows? Also can they make their own TV show movies with Sony propertys?
    Last edited by choptop; 04-09-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

I like the TASM movies as well.

Ultimate Member

Ok. I liked Garfield and Stone but the villains were awful and the storylines had not consistency. I feel at least in terms of plot progression, Spider-man 2 and Spider-Man Homecoming were good

Disagree. A mixed batting average still at least have highs despite the lows. MCU Spidey is just a low with no highs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'll take MCU Spider-man over those movies.
    Really? Eh, different tastes, but they're kind of lukewarm mediocre movies. The MCU has done much better with every other hero.

Ok. I liked Garfield and Stone but the villains were awful and the storylines had not consistency. I feel at least in terms of plot progression, Spider-man 2 and Spider-Man Homecoming were good
    I like the lizard and GG myself.

BANNED

The Spiderman movies are not Disney movies. They are still Sony owned. And Sony avoiding putting them on Disney + is not surprising.