Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're totally getting a Spider-Man/Venom crossover out of this.
    rumour mill flew this week we are to be getting a Spiderman 4.

https://movieweb.com/spider-man-4-ru...tobey-maguire/

This over Spiderman/Venom crossover.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    The Spiderman movies are not Disney movies. They are still Sony owned. And Sony avoiding putting them on Disney + is not surprising.
    See, that's the issue I don't get it. I don't get why Sony is sitting there looking Disney in the face and saying "you can't have SM he's mine!" A little childish. I feel like the Disney execs should say "look the terms of the distribution deal are still the same, but would it be ok to put it on our platform for continuity sake since there are MCU fans who want to watch them? We want to make it easier on them instead of having them sub to two different platforms. Sony, you don't have a platform so...." It's a win-win. Sony/Disney still have their deal and the movies go on D+

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    See, that's the issue I don't get it. I don't get why Sony is sitting there looking Disney in the face and saying "you can't have SM he's mine!" A little childish. I feel like the Disney execs should say "look the terms of the distribution deal are still the same, but would it be ok to put it on our platform for continuity sake since there are MCU fans who want to watch them? We want to make it easier on them instead of having them sub to two different platforms. Sony, you don't have a platform so...." It's a win-win. Sony/Disney still have their deal and the movies go on D+
    It's not being childish, it's just good business. They were evidently offered more money by Netflix, so why turn them down? So it's easier for fans? That doesn't equate to dollars on the bottom line.

so are the spider-man films available now? When does this start?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You think the MCU Spider-Man is good?
    Wow. Different strokes for different folks.
    Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Into the Spider-Verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MCU Spidey
    Spiderman in Avengers is better done than the same Spiderman in Sony. I wish that weren't true, but it is.

I've never understood the attracting to into the spiderverse. It's not a Spider-Man story, it's not a Spider-Man plot, it's derivative animation...I just don't get what there is in its favor.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 04-11-2021 at 02:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya in 10-15 years the MCU is going to be close to 25-30 years old that is the Long haul at the very least they have to recast or replace evayone in the MCU in that amount of time like I said a soft reboot is most likely.
    Let Tom Holland finish his run playing Spiderman and bow out with grace because Sony ain't giving the rights up. From what we have gathered from Spiderman no way home. it is just more of the same but only with a trick pony of multiverses than crossovers but it is still the same kind of formula.

At this point, I am ready for Old man Peter if the rumours were true there would be a Spiderman 4 with Sam Raimi and Tobey, if anyone deserves a swan song, it is those 2. it feels now they need it more than the old xmen cast that came back for DOFP/Logan.

Sony films just never got closure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Spiderman in Avengers is better done than the same Spiderman in Sony. I wish that weren't true, but it is.
    How is that true? Spiderman in Avengers is the weakest Spiderman on film. there is nothing about that character that resembles the 616 or ultimate comic of Spiderman, which are the two main important Spiderman story continuity in comics.

Spiderman in avengers contradicts a lot of what makes Spiderman a unique hero. please go on the spiderman comic board here on cbr, where you can at least trust people on this because they read his comics daily. the reception of MCU Spiderman is very poor there.

I've never understood the attracting to into the spiderverse. It's not a Spider-Man story, it's not a Spider-Man plot, it's derivative animation...I just don't get what there is in its favor.
    Outside of spiderverse been a good Spiderman movie. Spiderverse is a film masterclass that has broken so many rules of comic book animation, it is such a great art that even Pixar had to rethink about why they are still making animations and I am saying this as well educated film fan that thinks the Toy Story series is the greatest 3d animation that we will ever have.

Saying it is a derivate animation, was like when you also said the quicksilver scene was just also derivate bad cgi. So there seems to be pattern here. however this is not the objective artistic metrics of those movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-11-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Sony isn't being childish. They're just being a business. They don't have a platform sure, but they do want to make a profit. Netflix just offered them the better deal. Why should they take a worse deal for themselves just to help a competitor's platform and make it slightly more convenient for some streaming subscribers who's going to go watch their Spider-Man movies anyways?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    How is that true? Spiderman in Avengers is the weakest Spiderman on film. there is nothing about that character that resembles the 616 or ultimate comic of Spiderman, which are the two main important Spiderman story continuity in comics.

Spiderman in avengers contradicts a lot of what makes Spiderman a unique hero. please go on the spiderman comic board here on cbr, where you can at least trust people on this because they read his comics daily. the reception of MCU Spiderman is very poor there.
    I have been reading Spiderman comics since he and the Human Torch fought the Lizard, thank you very much. Avengers Spiderman very much fits that role...a kid who desperately wants to join the Avengers but realizes that ultimately he is a loner. He hero worships the Avengers and never counts himself as good enough to be one of them.

And that is precisely why I don't visit the comics forums. People there talk about their version of heroes, not the classic ones. The MCU movies are based on heroes I can relate to. The Snyder movies are based on versions that are more silly than any any Marvel movie, tone be damned

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post

I don't watch Avengers for Spider-Man though, I watch Spider-Man for Spider-Man. I don't care how well done he is on the big crossover events if his own movies are nothing special.

And Into the Spider-Verse is very much a Spider-Man movie. It's a love letter to all sorts of iterations and incarnations of Spider-Man, and it's done very well, and is just a good damn fun film with a lot of heart.

BANNED

It is business(more money) and Sony might want to avoid to get Disney in a stronger position in the next negotiation.
    Having the Spider-Man movies on Disney + would do that.

Look at it this way say you are the owner of Sony and Spiderman Disney is the competition you're probably not going to be in business with them forever hellping Disney plus the MCU and the MCU fanbase doesent really help you in the Long run so why not go with a deal that's going to make you more money and stick it to the competition? It makes perfect sense to me.

Mighty Member

Default Sony NetFlix- MCU Spidey in trouble?

So, I'm wondering how this deal with Netflix will work out with Disney and how they'll respond to this if anything. I would love Tom Holland's movies to be on Disney+. It kinda sucks having to either buy the bluray for completist sakeor use a different streaming service to watch. PLus if you watch only the movies on D+, you miss the crucial development of the character in Homecoming. So, the bromance between Tony/Peter gets the short shrift. Yeah it's a small price. Short term, I think No Way Home will be it for MCU solo SM movies. Unless they've worked on a deal. Long term, the MCU will do fine. I guess, like Hulk, they'll have to do buddy team up movies.

BANNED

Sony/Spiderman deal is different than Universal/Hulk. Disney can't use Spiderman at all without an agreement.

It's too bad, but not necessarily for Spiderman. There is no Marvel movie where Jameson doesn't have a relevant role, though.

Spectacular Member

well the title they chose for his 3rd MCU film kinda gave the idea already, Peter gonna be sent through the multiverse and it'll be closed for him to ever return until Sony and Disney decide to make a new deal. the netflix probably have to turn into a poorer investment than working with Disney for Sony to make a new deal.