Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    well the title they chose for his 3rd MCU film kinda gave the idea already, Peter gonna be sent through the multiverse and it'll be closed for him to ever return until Sony and Disney decide to make a new deal.
    I think that's a leap of plot prediction that's unjustified by the title.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm wondering how this deal with Netflix will work out with Disney and how they'll respond to this if anything. I would love Tom Holland's movies to be on Disney+. It kinda sucks having to either buy the bluray for completist sakeor use a different streaming service to watch. PLus if you watch only the movies on D+, you miss the crucial development of the character in Homecoming. So, the bromance between Tony/Peter gets the short shrift. Yeah it's a small price. Short term, I think No Way Home will be it for MCU solo SM movies. Unless they've worked on a deal. Long term, the MCU will do fine. I guess, like Hulk, they'll have to do buddy team up movies.
    Is having the Spider-Man movies on Disney+ really that big a deal? It feels like people are spiralling a big problem out of what's in reality just a minor inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is having the Spider-Man movies on Disney+ really that big a deal? It feels like people are spiralling a big problem out of what's in reality just a minor inconvenience.
    I guess it's easier than having it on multiple platforms but really it comes down to people being opseist with having every marvel property in the MCU and every MCU move in D+

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/netflix-sony-spi...harted-rights/

So, the Venom sequel, No Way Home and the Into the Spider-Verse sequel are not included but future Spider-Man movies and Venom movies are going to Netflix. Marvel really messed up back in the 90s selling the Spidey IP. From 2002-11 we got two reboots and two different origin stories, proving that Sony has no idea how to handle SM as good as MCU. At least Disney has a distribution deal with Sony for more MCU Spidey. But MCU Spidey movies and Hulk 2008 both need to be on Disney+ for MCU sinergy. It kinda sucks that you have to either buy the blu-ray or sub to two different platforms if you're doing future MCU rewatches. Amazing that Disney couldn't work out a deal before Netflix did.
    I know its 20/20 hindsight. But at the time Marvel wasn't with Disney. They needed the money.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think that's a leap of plot prediction that's unjustified by the title.
    not really, they literally already talked how the Spider-man movie is gonna directly tie into Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    not really, they literally already talked how the Spider-man movie is gonna directly tie into Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness.
    The leap of logic is that he'll never be able to get back to his own universe. He'll be there at the end of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He got one wish to come true and he blows it on this lol

Niffleheim

God! I thought the Disney and Sony was done but it is actually getting cozier LOL I guess i will finally watch Homecoming and FFH when they drop on D+

Mighty Member

Well, that's great that the movies will be housed on D+. Sometimes wishes do come true, lol.

Still seems like none of this was a big deal in any way...

Astonishing Member

I mean maybe I am just being practical but it just seems like a win/win for Sony to allow these spider-man things to run on Disney +. Its basically massive promotion for one of the few things that is making them money.