Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile In 2021, Who are Your Favorite(s) Marvels!?

After Going threw one of the Most Trying Times in our World over the past year, I think it be Nice to Reminisce on the Aspects on Why We Love Marvel, Espically the Characters!

So Just Simply, as of 2021 after all the lifetime we have spent loving and enjoying our Marvel Favorites, Who is Your Favorite Character and/or Characters in Marvel as of this time in 2021?

If you Like and Please do, Give a post why Your Favorite(s) is You Favorite(s) to share why you love and like who you love and like so, but it is up to you if you like to talk that much about them, can be a list too, but indeed in order if you do too or like too.

You can post more then 1 character to celebrate as many as you see as your Favorites in Marvel and from Any Marvel Property, Heroes, Villian, Neutral, Civilian, One-timer characters from any Comic Universe, MCU, Animated, Novel, Video Game, Other Worlds, Past, One-Shots, etc, the choice is yours as long as it is a character(s) from a Marvel Brand!

Please Enjoy and lets give love and respect to each others posts too!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

character-wise it's probably gambit, especially during his 2012 james asmus series i think he strikes a good balance as an antihero and rogue that a) isnt dark and edgy or b) too quip-heavy

i also like azazel because teleportation is one of my favorite powers and hes a top-tier in that. also he was cool as wolverine's minister of death in age of apocalypse

there are some others that kind of float around the top of my list for one reason or another (abilities or character) like tony stark or multiple man

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    character-wise it's probably gambit, especially during his 2012 james asmus series i think he strikes a good balance as an antihero and rogue that a) isnt dark and edgy or b) too quip-heavy

i also like azazel because teleportation is one of my favorite powers and hes a top-tier in that. also he was cool as wolverine's minister of death in age of apocalypse

there are some others that kind of float around the top of my list for one reason or another (abilities or character) like tony stark or multiple man
    When I was a kid and still today, I feel Gambit had one of the coolest rules of cool powers, the ablity to charge any object into a bomb and his signature item was playing cards, that was and still is so cool!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wonder Man

Dr. Strange

Daredevil

Psylocke

Archangel

Colossus

I've always been more drawn to Marvel's B/C-list characters, and these ones have been my favorites for nearly as long as I can remember.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wonder Man

Dr. Strange

Daredevil

Psylocke

Archangel

Colossus

I've always been more drawn to Marvel's B/C-list characters, and these ones have been my favorites for nearly as long as I can remember.
    Interesting. I've always thought the secondary heroes on teams had the most interesting powers, like Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange and Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wonder Man

Dr. Strange

Daredevil

Psylocke

Archangel

Colossus

Unique List and indeed I have always been in a simliar boat, always seem to gravitate to the B-Tier charcters and down at times and I am always glad to see when they get pushes and hype around them!

Also like seeing Wonder Man and Colossus getting likings, Colossus was one of my 1st Favorites as a Kid espically Thanks to the X-Men Arcade Game!

Astonishing Member

1. Spider-Man will always be the #1 Marvel Comics character to me. Felt that way since a child. I particularly love the comics and The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Batman: The Animated Series of Spider-Man shows.

2. Captain America through the MCU mainly thanks to the writing of and performance by Chris Evans. The Captain America trilogy is great. Also Ed Brubaker's initial run on the book kicking off with Captain America: Winter Soldier.

3. Daredevil thanks to Frank Miller's run and Daredevil on Netflix. Firmly believe Daredevil S1 and S3 are the best live action Marvel ever. Love those.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 04-08-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Spider-Man- Lighthearted but serious at the same time
    Hulk- Ewing’s run has been brilliant
    Iron Man- Finally getting good again
    Thor- Now that Aaron is gone the real Thor is back
    Spider-Woman- I wouldn’t mess with her
    Captain America- The whole Nazi thing is behind him
    Porcupine- Roger is still taking care of Gerry but hope to see him suited up soon
    Ant-Man- How could I forget Scott

Edit: I re read the original post. I just listed my favs lately. But most of them are my all time.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 04-08-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

My tastes vary depending on how I'm feeling, but Spider-Man has consistently been my favorite and is the one I probably will always feel the closest connection to.

Daredevil is my second favorite after Spider-Man, followed by a bunch of Avengers. The Avengers are actually a bit weird for me. Some of them I love anywhere (Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther), others I don't love as much on their own but love them when in the team (Iron Man, Thor, Hank Pym, Carol Danvers). I think it's because of how the Avengers have always been a mix of an ensemble team and a family unit like the X-Men and the FF.

Speaking of the X-Men, Kitty Pryde is my favorite. I also really like Wolverine and Cyclops, but I haven't been keeping up X-Men as much in recent years.

Kamala Khan wo also be in my top 10 favorite Marvel characters. Conceptually I actually think she is the most ambitious character since the first Spider-Man. It's clear that someone broke down Peter Parker to his most basic elements and then just flipped the formula to create Kamala: Spider-Man has a chaotic personality and Ms. Marvel has an orderly one, Spider-Man is a white male and Ms. Marvel a minority woman, Spider-Man is an agnostic atheist while Ms. Marvel is religious and conflicted, and Spider-Man is an orphan while Ms. Marvel has the usual parental conflicts. Also Spider-Man wears a full face mask while Ms. Marvel doesn't. I don't think it's that different from how Bill Finger used Superman to create Batman, and I think if Kamala showed up in the Stan Lee era and had stronger villains, she would be Marvel's #2 most iconic by now. She might still eventually get there, who knows.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    My tastes vary depending on how I'm feeling, but Spider-Man has consistently been my favorite and is the one I probably will always feel the closest connection to.

Daredevil is my second favorite after Spider-Man, followed by a bunch of Avengers. The Avengers are actually a bit weird for me. Some of them I love anywhere (Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther), others I don't love as much on their own but love them when in the team (Iron Man, Thor, Hank Pym, Carol Danvers). I think it's because of how the Avengers have always been a mix of an ensemble team and a family unit like the X-Men and the FF.

Speaking of the X-Men, Kitty Pryde is my favorite. I also really like Wolverine and Cyclops, but I haven't been keeping up X-Men as much in recent years.

Kamala Khan wo also be in my top 10 favorite Marvel characters. Conceptually I actually think she is the most ambitious character since the first Spider-Man. It's clear that someone broke down Peter Parker to his most basic elements and then just flipped the formula to create Kamala: Spider-Man has a chaotic personality and Ms. Marvel has an orderly one, Spider-Man is a white male and Ms. Marvel a minority woman, Spider-Man is an agnostic atheist while Ms. Marvel is religious and conflicted, and Spider-Man is an orphan while Ms. Marvel has the usual parental conflicts. Also Spider-Man wears a full face mask while Ms. Marvel doesn't. I don't think it's that different from how Bill Finger used Superman to create Batman, and I think if Kamala showed up in the Stan Lee era and had stronger villains, she would be Marvel's #2 most iconic by now. She might still eventually get there, who knows.
    Kamala's popularity will probably increase with the live action version.

I've been reading Marvel off and on since I was about 5 years old (1974) and favorites have evolved over time. Some of my favorites when I was a kid are no longer favorites (and it's not just new directions or interpretations or runs I didn't like, I just don't get the same reaction when reading what were old favorites or seeing the characters in other mediums the way I used to) and some I didn't like as a kid have become all time favorites. But looking back over all that time spent with the MU, these have emerged as my long-term favorites (though in no particular order)

-Dr. Stephen Strange-the Ditko Doc Strange is my absolute gold-standard for all Marvel Comics, but I have loved several different runs and era of Doc and seeing Doc in any other medium still gives me a thrill. I have a fondness for mystical characters, and Doc's milieu is one of the best in comics and one of the cornerstones for the MU as a whole.

-Clea; discovered as part of the the Doc mythos, her character just struck me as one with such potential from a strong backstory to potential hooks for stories etc. I would love to see Clea emerge form Stephen's shadow and take much more prominent role in the MU

-Ghost Rider-Johnny Blaze of Danny Ketch; again a fondness for mystical characters comes into play, but with Ghost Rider it's just that he's such a striking visual image, the blazing skull, the roaring motorcycle, that it struck me as a kid and stuck with me through the years. Sometimes the stories haven't lived up to the visuals, but I am always entertained by Ghost Rider, and the evolution of the look from Johnny to Danny was one that resonated with me. As mediocre as the two Ghost Rider movies were, I can still watch them just for the sheer enjoyment of seeing that visual and character design come to life.

-Ulysses Bloodstone-I first encountered Bloodstone in a back up in Rampaging Hulk and the concept of an immortal monster hunter with a mystical gem stuck in his chest was pure gold for me. I could read adventures base don the set up without getting tired of it.

-If we count him as a Marvel character (and I usually don't even though I have almost everything Marvel published using him until recently, Conan of Cimmeria. Conan was a character I could share with my dad (along with Tarzan and the Phantom) and I inherited a large collection of Conan paperbacks from the 70s from a cousin of mine when I was in 8th grade in '82 after having read whatever Conan the Barbarian comics I could get my hands on after getting my first in a Whitman polybagged 3 pack in '78. A different cousin took me to see the Arnie Conan movie when it came out and my discovery of D&D in '81 meshed with my love of Howard's barbarian to make an alchemy that keeps Conan one of my favorites still. But I like him separate from the MU, so I hesitate to call him a favorite Marvel character.

As a kid in the 70s, my go to book was the Avengers (from the 140s-180s I got every issue I could find on newsstands, and picked up every issue of Marvel Triple Action with classic Avengers reprints I could find, and when I first started collecting, Avengers was the first title I went deep on back issues on), so a lot of the characters associated with that era still resonate with me and I retain a fondness for them-Vision and Wanda, Hank & Jan, Cap, Shellhead and Thor, the bouncing Blue Beast, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Jarvis, Wonder Man, Black Panther, etc. I haven't kept up with all of them in recent years, but I still have a lot of nostalgic fondness for that grouping of characters. Of that bunch, the ones who still remain favorites and not fond memories through are:

-Black Panther-I love everything from the Kirby weirdness and McGregor runs to Priest's Marvel Knights run to what I have read of Coates stuff (the first couple years), and the movie is perhaps my favorite of the cinematic releases by Marvel Studios.

-Cap-I can revisit many eras of Cap and enjoy them, but the Brubaker run stands out for me and is the one I revisit most often

-Thor-from classic Kirby to Simonson to Aaron, I just love diving in to epic Thor stories

and two from street level Marvel, I adore Daredevil. There are just so many great Daredevil runs to immerse oneself in, so there is always something to enjoy when Matt is involved.

and Misty Knight, there's just something about the vibe and concept of her character that appeals to me whenever I read something with her involved She's another I'd like to see emerge from the background and gain more prominence.

And lastly, one I did not like as a kid and didn't get the appeal, but when I read the classic run about 8 years ago, it catapulted this character into my favorites-Shan Chi and that classic Master of Kung Fu run by Moench with Gulacy, Zeck, Craig, Day and others. Such nuanced character with so many levels to delve into, he's just a great character.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    When I was a kid and still today, I feel Gambit had one of the coolest rules of cool powers, the ablity to charge any object into a bomb and his signature item was playing cards, that was and still is so cool!
    Agreed. Truly innovative (IMHO):

But, don't forget his charismatic powers of persuasion...

Spectacular Member

Spider-Man
    Daredevil
    Iron Man
    Fantastic Four in general

Ultimate Member

Powers of persuasion have always kinda weirded me out tbh

Over all the years I've been reading Marvel, these are the characters who have stuck with me as my favorites:

Clea
    Doctor Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Daredevil
    Nightcrawler
    Kitty Pryde
    Black Widow

Other favorites entirely depend on the writer. For instance, I never paid any attention to Hawkeye but I loved Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series. There are other characters that I never liked in the comics but love in the films, like Thor, Loki, and Hulk.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.