I just finished the Smallville episode "Ryan" with a pair of my students and there was not a dry eye in the class. It got me thinking that the idea of Ryan, another lost orphaned kid with strange powers being adopted by the Kents who dies, is something that I'd slot right into my own personal history of Superman that exists only inside my head, free from the restrictions of whatever DC is currently deeming "canon", which seems to be everything at the moment, but I'm sure will become a whole lot more codified and walled-in soon enough.

I also quite liked the idea from the CW Supergirl of Kara's mother being a prosecutor on Krypton, as that dovetails nicely in how Jor-El was involved in sentencing criminals to the Phantom Zone. I'm generally in favor of anything that gives the female characters in the Superman mythos more agency than simply being "the wife".

What about you guys? Is there anything that you've seen from outside the comics that you include in your Superman head canon that the comics might not necessarily include?