Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    it looks like they're bringing back ralph...

Nice to see the DCAU still using Elongated Man .

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I adore the Thin Man series (especially the original), and I've often mentioned Ralph and Sue as a Nick and Nora riff, but I never fully put together in my head that The Charles' were so direct an influence on EM, even including the name.
    Wonder if they should give Ralph a 'stache?
    -------------------------
    Ralph's solo feature started in Detective Comics #327 (May 1964)

Boisterously Confused

I'm about a year into Elongated Man's mid-1960s backup run in Detective Comics. Those were so much fun. I'm not claiming that they approach literature like some of the Vertigo titles, but they're really enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm about a year into Elongated Man's mid-1960s backup run in Detective Comics. Those were so much fun. I'm not claiming that they approach literature like some of the Vertigo titles, but they're really enjoyable.
    I very much adore them. They're fun, like you said. And usually have such a sweet dynamic between Ralph and Sue. Later it just seemed more and more like she had no respect for him, and then later even absolute derision. And he got made into an absolute doofus. Hated that.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I very much adore them. They're fun, like you said. And usually have such a sweet dynamic between Ralph and Sue. Later it just seemed more and more like she had no respect for him, and then later even absolute derision. And he got made into an absolute doofus. Hated that.
    Agreed. Sometimes seems like there are characters that only certain writers understand.