Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

from Demon #1 (January 1987)

I don't know how this would work and it's kind of dumb but I think I'd like to see Etrigan or Jason Blood meet Superdemon from Earth-13.

Because how awesome would that be just to meet his alternate self and realize that on Monster World he's the Superman there.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Boisterously Confused

Especially for the DC of the time of his creation, Etrigan was a really novel character.

from Wonder Woman #280 (June 1981),

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Etrigan has always been one of my favorite characters! I actually have an Etrigan tattoo on my arm.

Kirby's original run is a classic. Unfortunately he was kind of forced into creating the character when DC unceremoniously cancelled The New Gods and robbed him of finishing his epic. The editors wanted him to create a horror comic so he took inspiration from an old Prince Valiant comic from 1937. Though The King reluctantly created The Demon, he still did some amazing work on the project.

As far as the rhyming goes, I definitely prefer it the way Kirby originally wrote Etrigan. He only rhymes on occasion like when he's transforming. I really don't like it when he's made to do it all the time.
    That is why Kirby was the King. The guy created something basically forced and even so he did an impressive work.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin