Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Battle of Endgame - Reduxes

Figured I'd take a punt at redoing the battle from Endgame a couple of times to amuse myself.

Premise
    The Avengers Army face off against the following person or persons in a battle for the Infinity Gauntlet and Stones.

- Each side will have three of six infinity stones distributed amongst their side. The leader/primary antagonist has the Gauntlet itself. The stones cannot be used except in complete concert for a single final snap as a victory condition.
    - Each side and the stones themselves are dimensionally locked to the immediate environs of the giant crater, BFR is not an option for either the stones or combatants. If a combatant tries to fly/run away, they will be dragged back to the edge of the map against their will.
    - The win condition is to either collect all six stones and the gauntlet and snap the opposing army out of existence, OR - simply destroy the opposing side.
    - The Avengers Army begins as it was in the portals side, Captain Marvel will arrive midway through the battle after 15 minutes roughly as she did in the film. Black Widow is also resurrected.
    - Both sides get 15 minutes to discuss strategy and distribute their stones amongst key players. The stones on the opposing side cannot be placed in the gauntlet from the off. They must be a minimum of 25 metres from the gauntlet at the bell.
    - Both teams start off in the face of positions from the "assemble," moment in the film.

Battle 01 - Team Fox X-Men

Leader: Wolverine

Members
    - Magneto (Pre Apocalypse upgrade)
    - Cyclops
    - Storm
    - Beast
    - Banshee
    - Mystique
    - Blink
    - Shadowcat
    - Angel/Arcangel
    - Psylocke
    - Sabretooth
    - Colossus (Deadpool version)
    - Deadpool
    - Toad
    - Bishop
    - Nightcrawler
    - Iceman
    - Pyro

Battle 02 - Big Mom and her Children

Speed is equalised for this one.

Leader: Big Mom

Members
    - Perospero
    - Katakuri
    - Cracker
    - Oven
    - Pudding
    - Smoothie
    - Daifuku
    - Tamago
    - Capone Bege (And his normal crewmen)
    - Jimbei
    - A detachment of 150 pirates

Battle 03 - Team Guardians of the Globe

Composite of comic and animated versions.

Leader: The Immortal

Members
    - Warrior Woman
    - Atom Eve
    - Darkwing
    - Darkwing II
    - Aquaras
    - Robot (Original body composition)
    - Monster Girl (Tech belt is in play)
    - Green Ghost
    - Shapesmith
    - Rex Splode
    - Dupli-Kate
    - Bulletproof
    - Astounding Wolfman

Battle 04 - Team Hero Association

Leader: Child Emperor (he cannot summon Brave Giant)

Members
    - Puri Puri Prisoner
    - Metal Bat
    - Zombie Man
    - Super Alloy Darkshine
    - Fubuki
    - King
    - Captain Mizuki
    - One-Shotter
    - Needlestar
    - Gearspear
    - Twintails
    - Green
    - Doublehole

I might add more but I think these four will do for now.

Can the Avengers Army take on these powerful foes and win the gauntlet to save their reality from total destruction?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-09-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

1. Magneto is the big problem here since he's great at multi-tasking and there's tons of debris around for him to toss around, along with all the metal stuff that the MCU team has. If they can take him out before he really gets going I think that the sheer overwhelming number of people on the MCU side will clinch this.

2. Katakuri and Big Mom can blitz most of the Avengers and just wreck shop while Cracker unleashes his army of stupid tough biscuit soldiers to assist them while the rest of Charlotte's kids gather up the stones they need.

3. Does Immortal have super-speed? He did tangle a bit with Omni-man so you'd assume he's got some level of it. But I think that even with Dupli-Kate around there're too few of the Guardians to stop the army. They might hold out until Captain Marvel appears and that might be it for them.

4. The Avengers are paralyzed by fear when they hear the King engine reving up. King then calmly walks to all the other stones needed and gathers them up with no issue. Flawless Victory.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 04-12-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    3. Does Immortal have super-speed? He did tangle a bit with Omni-man so you'd assume he's got some level of it. But I think that even with Dupli-Kate around there're too few of the Guardians to stop the army. They might hold out until Captain Marvel appears and that might be it for them.
    In the comics, he's portrayed as not only below Nolan but more pertinently, below Mark at a time when he himself was also quite a way below Nolan in terms of speed. He's quicker, quicker than the majority of people here but not super bad blitz type though.

4. The Avengers are paralyzed by fear when they hear the King engine reving up. King then calmly walks to each other stones needed and gathers them up with no issue. Flawless Victory.
    A perfect answer if ever there was one.

1. Is the only fight here I feel qualified to discuss (haven't read the comics for Invincible yet). Magneto is the only major threat here, and he could be quick drawed fairly easily. At the very least before he managed to defeat the Avengers. Cyclops and Storm are the only other two who could stand a chance but are way to squishy.

Magneto's a big threat, but there's simply too many things that could conceivably one-shot him going around. I don't see him surviving long if Thor decides to call lightning on him, for example. He'll take down a lot of the mooks in the Avenger's side, but if he goes down the rest of the X-men may as well be a mop up operation.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

In Battle 2, Katakuri or Big Mom could probably crush everyone on the Avengers side before they can react. If speed is equalized,they probably crush everyone on the Avengers team *despite* their ability to react.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In Battle 2, Katakuri or Big Mom could probably crush everyone on the Avengers side before they can react. If speed is equalized,they probably crush everyone on the Avengers team *despite* their ability to react.
    You know what, let's equalise the speed to foster a more spirited debate.

I'm just imagining some poor soul getting roasted by holding the power stone while everyone else is battling it out :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

1. The X folks have a couple of cool tricks are their beck and call - teleporters, shapeshifters - that might let them play keep-away. But, end of the day, the only one here who's a threat to the big hitters is Mags, and he's going to get fried by multiple people at the bell. Storm will be wondering why her powers simply don't work at all.

2. Speed-equalized, Wanda, Thor and Strange are going to have to do a lot of work to win this - edge probably to the opponents.

3. Not sure there.

4. Discounting the eloquent "King engine" response above, we are left with all of the heroes who don't show superhuman speed. Wanda, Thor, Captain Hammer, er, America and IM will be able to clean most of them up. Fubuki is an issue, but she's such a Diet Coke version of her sister I don't think it will be enough. I don't see anything at her disposal saving her from "the biggest lightning bolt in the history of lightning."
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ignoring everything else, Puri Puri Prisoner probably gets stunlocked by America's Ass™.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    4. Discounting the eloquent "King engine" response above, we are left with all of the heroes who don't show superhuman speed. Wanda, Thor, Captain Hammer, er, America and IM will be able to clean most of them up. Fubuki is an issue, but she's such a Diet Coke version of her sister I don't think it will be enough. I don't see anything at her disposal saving her from "the biggest lightning bolt in the history of lightning."
    Fubuki actually got some pretty wild feats in the manga. She managed to block one of Rover's bigger energy blasts and was still standing, though bleeding from the head a lot, and that was considerably more powerful than Thor's big lightning bolt. She can also amp other fighters by reinforcing their bodies like she did Bang and Bomb.

Her versus Wanda could be fun. Especially since Fubuki has her "perfect circular psychic defence," gimmick going.

I'm also curious as to how you see them putting down Darkshine. Dude is stupidly durable and strong.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ignoring everything else, Puri Puri Prisoner probably gets stunlocked by America's Ass™.
    well............it IS america's ass.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Fubuki actually got some pretty wild feats in the manga. She managed to block one of Rover's bigger energy blasts and was still standing, though bleeding from the head a lot, and that was considerably more powerful than Thor's big lightning bolt. She can also amp other fighters by reinforcing their bodies like she did Bang and Bomb.

Her versus Wanda could be fun. Especially since Fubuki has her "perfect circular psychic defence," gimmick going.

I'm also curious as to how you see them putting down Darkshine. Dude is stupidly durable and strong.
    Yeah, I've read all of the manga and the webcomic, and Fubuki has soem really good feats in the manga. I just don't know that I'd call it more powerful than Thor's big lightning blast (one of which smashed a bunch of Asgard's castle, one of which dropped Hela straight through the Bifrost bridge and opened up a 10M wide hole in it like paper. Maybe?

Darkshine was the one who I figured could do the worst (except MAYBE Metal Bat, who seems to have a "the hurteder I get, the stronger I get" thing going on until he's overwhelmed) but... Darkshine isn't fast at all, can't fly, lacks Saitama's resistance to esoterics, etc. Short form: I don't think he's no-selling Stormbreaker. I don't really think that any of the HA gang has a great answer to a pissed-off, sober, focused Thor.

Atomic Samurai? Sure, he's way too fast and can probably hurt Thor. But you, for clear reasons, didn't bring him. Tatsumaki? Thor wouldn't want any part of that crazy lady, but again, not here. Blast? Well, he's finally here in the manga, gloriously, and he's, like Saitama, fast enough to embarrass Flashy... but also is not here. Flashy himself isn't here. Nothing stops Thor from going mental on most of these guys. Wanda can at least match Fubuki. Strange gilds the lilly, along with Captain Hammer and Tony and lots of other helpers who only have to be good meat shields.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, I've read all of the manga and the webcomic, and Fubuki has soem really good feats in the manga. I just don't know that I'd call it more powerful than Thor's big lightning blast (one of which smashed a bunch of Asgard's castle, one of which dropped Hela straight through the Bifrost bridge and opened up a 10M wide hole in it like paper. Maybe?
    I mean... no... it didn't?

The first one blows up a bit of single tower and drops Hela onto the courtyard. Asgard is all still there, the tower that's directly hit doesn't even fall over.

The bifrost thing isn't that impressive either? The bifrost gets dented in the same sequence by Hulk being thrown at it by Surtur. I don't see the logic for Thor blowing up a small part of it as being notable to me?

Comparatively, Fubuki blocked Rover's blast that did this:

Each of those squares is a floor so I eyeball that as Rover obliterating about a 15 - 20 story building and Fubuki stopped that completely and was still able to continue fighting.

Darkshine was the one who I figured could do the worst (except MAYBE Metal Bat, who seems to have a "the hurteder I get, the stronger I get" thing going on until he's overwhelmed) but... Darkshine isn't fast at all, can't fly, lacks Saitama's resistance to esoterics, etc. Short form: I don't think he's no-selling Stormbreaker.
    I mean, he's not slow. Dude tagged Garou out of a blitz attempt, granted Garou was asleep but he was still zipping around like an invisible person and Darkshine snatched him and decked him. Guy is really quite quick and hits like an absolute truck.

Also, Zombie Man was a solid bullet timer in terms of how he handles people who catch bullets. Oneshotter was sniping sniper rounds of the air with his rifle. Metal Bat was able to press Garou in combat in terms of speed and that was when he was already pretty beaten up having been thrown across most of city. I've been quite careful to keep some fast guys in without throwing in someone who can just blitz 99% of the other side.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Barring any feats from WandaVision, I think that Fubuki generally has better feats for quick and precise acts of TK and anti-TK/Psychic defenses than Wanda and Stephen and their human durability necks. Once they are out of the way, she can probably TK the Avengers' Infinity Stones to herself pretty much at will, assuming that they don't just shrink them too small to be seen and than have Hulk swallow them, or something, in the time it takes her to catch the pair, or if Tony/Thor/Thormerica don't manage to shoot her first.

Her shielding herself and two high-end S-Class level fighters from Rover's energy attack that was probably going to instantly kill all three of them seems like it would be more than enough to tank at least a few shots from Thor's best lightning bolt (which is almost certainly not actually the biggest lightning bolt in history if the MCU has anything like the galaxy-ish sized electric discharge that our universe has at least one of, though that might be stretching the definition of "lighting bolt" a bit; still, I can't recall any lightning bolts that were instantly wiping out large swathes of stone structures that look like they'd be around the size of a city block), assuming that she doesn't just mess with his aim by spinning him around bodily.