Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Storm to my knowledge, doesn't have the feats to prevent Thor's level of lightning generation.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Storm to my knowledge, doesn't have the feats to prevent Thor's level of lightning generation.
    Her control over pure Lightning is more impressive than his as Thor mostly channels his inner lightning for effects and when he calls Lightning from the Sky then he is doing what Storm has always been doing for decades.

Her taking out dozens of flying Sentinels in DoFp with large AOE control of multiple bolts of Lightning beats out Thors Avengers 1 use of lightning where he called down a single bolt, used a giant building as an Aid then spread it out over an area smaller than what Storm was reaching.

Also Thors lightning isn't heavier than other lightning imo, and power wise Thor still uses actual Lightning from the Sky for heavy attacks and that is what Storm always manipulates anyway, as opposed to Thors inner lightning powers.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 04-14-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't recall seeing him cast any kind of protective spell on the Eye during the movie. It's likely some kind of enchantment on the actual casing of the Infinity Stone (the Eye of Agamotto casing, so to speak).

That's rather in keeping with the Eye being a 'mystic artifact' that's for use of the Sorcerer Supreme.
    Strange's actual words are that "it's a simple spell but quite unbreakable." I doubt a thing qualified like that would take more than a fraction of a second.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Her control over pure Lightning is more impressive than his as Thor mostly channels his inner lightning for effects and when he calls Lightning from the Sky then he is doing what Storm has always been doing for decades.

Her taking out dozens of flying Sentinels in DoFp with large AOE control of multiple bolts of Lightning beats out Thors Avengers 1 use of lightning where he called down a single bolt, used a giant building as an Aid then spread it out over an area smaller than what Storm was reaching.

Also Thors lightning isn't heavier than other lightning imo, and power wise Thor still uses actual Lightning from the Sky for heavy attacks and that is what Storm always manipulates anyway, as opposed to Thors inner lightning powers.
    Thor makes barely a gesture and completely stops a thunderstorm. Storm might be able to operate on his scale, but he is much faster with this stuff, and his scale is absolutely high enough to shut her right down. It won't matter of course, she's dead long before that.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Storm has never operated at a scale of Thor's lightning. Thor can call on lightning bolts of this size:

main-qimg-8b2cd41f0494af265b081ba4789b4a3b.jpg

And a shot of the size of Asgard's palace, for reference.

6149413-0211686612-ThorR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post

You kinda just... Don't even know what you're on about, do you?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Some Storm feats

Storm has feats on Thors level across multiple movies.

2:14 She is flying a Blackbird while F_16 jets are chasing after her and simultaneously she is creating huge Tornados with accuracy behind her to block the Jets flying at high speed at her. The distance they are travelling and the targeting she is doing is both better than anything Thor has aimed at/targeted and is further/larger distance then any attack Thor has done.

3:16-3:31 She creates a huge Storm just by being distracted and stressed, then simply looks up and it clears away instantly.

4:38 She easily creates a Storm that Covers Alcatraz and the area around it.

5:00-6:00 She creates a Storm that Covers many miles to obstruct giant ships and Sentinels, which is an area far larger than Asgards building.

Yes Thor has "The mother of all Lightning" feats, but outside of that one time he doesn't operate on a level Storm can't handle.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

So, you're saying that except for that time Thor completely outclasses Storm to the point that she can't compete whatsoever, that Storm can actually compete with him?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Query: Have the Fox versions of Storm and Magneto shown any resistance to lightning themselves?

Also, how long did it take Thor to charge his best lighting strikes compared to Storm distracting him by flooding the field with tornadoes or Magneto telling every piece of (ferrous?) metal on the Avengers side of the battlefield to skoosh into one point with the type of force that he used to lift a nuclear submarine/the Golden Gate Bridge/a stadium/cities worth of metal from all over the world/etc...

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Again, I must draw your attention to the parameters of the fight:

Emphasis mine.

The stones are functionally inert outside of the final snap win condition, my query was more who can run the most effective defensive game with the stones or what stone based strategies the opponents have. Remember, the opposing team does not know who has the stone, beyond that the leader cannot be holding it to start.
    Ah, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    So, you're saying that except for that time Thor completely outclasses Storm to the point that she can't compete whatsoever, that Storm can actually compete with him?
    Yea all you have to do is get struck by lighting a few times and you'll understand, my guy.

Arx Inosaan