Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
Probably because there's a perception that Robin is Batman's surrogate 'son' that many people have...so saying ''adopted son'' is basically shorthand for Robin in that scene.

To be fair to Snyder, we don't know what the age gap is in his version. Its entirely possible that Dick was young enough to be Bruce's son in the Snyderverse.

On that note, I just looked this up - Brenton Thwaites, the guy who plays Dick in Titans is around 28 years younger than Iain Glen, the guy who plays Bruce Wayne on that show. So it'd make sense for it to be a father-son relationship there (I haven't watched the show beyond the first few episodes so I don't know how the present it).

But in general, I just don't see it as being a father-son relationship, going by the comics. Bruce has always been more mentor than father - maybe at most akin to a ''big brother'' who raises the younger sibling in the absence of their parents. But not literally Dick's father in any sense. Its also why I'm not a fan of the idea of Bruce legally adopting Dick, which I think was in continuity at some point. Him becoming a guardian to Dick can somewhat make sense (especially given his wealth and influence) but I have a hard time believing any court in the country would allow a 20-something billionaire playboy to adopt a 12 year old kid!
Yeah, being his guardian or at least source of "income" makes more sense.

I think titans has the biggest age difference between the two I've seen in live action