Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The GoTG and Black Panther are vastly different in tones
    , You know what isn't as vastly different in tones Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, BatmanV Superman, Wonder Woman, ZS Justice League, Harley Quinn but know what DC movies general get complained about by some fans Shazam, Aquaman and WW84 aka the movie that shift away from "the DCEU overly serious tone". You can't take similarness or variety complaints too seriously because if it was real thing they would be complaints about DCEU as well.

The complaining is really about not liking a MCU style of humor, it is lazy complaint imo to call them all the same similar. Note it is not some big insult to say that they are similar because they are things that are suppose to be similar. One ,they are in the same universe so MCU has overall universal tone(just like DCEU) that all its movies and shows have, yeah they are suppose to feel and look alike. Two, a vast majority of the MCU movies so far are Origin or Introduction stories which there is a general similarness in those type of stories I mean Iron Man and Dr. Strange is basically the same story. I am going to talk about last component in a second but if you notice in all of chances to talk about this stuff. It is humor the only thing that pops up when people complain.

Anyways the last part is what MCU story or character is suppose to be different in presentation and tone? Iron Man, Peter Quil, Antman and Spiderman are quippers, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel are sarcastic both of those things lend themselves to be presented in comedic moments. Thor, Black Panther and Captain America are more serious and their movies in general are more serious than others.In the MCU with maybe exception of Thor Ragnarok , the MCU has present stories and characters in manner they should. And this big point the MCU heroes they have used so far are generally the same style of heroes and even in the comics they aren't much variance. If the MCU was using Hulk, Blade, Wolverine, Punisher, Daredevil, etc or telling some darker or tragic story they would be a expectation for some vastly different tone.

Now I wish people would just be straight forward in just saying they don't like the style of humor but quick easy lazy complaint to say they are same or manufactured. GotG and Antman are comedies, They have big comedic set pieces which are just as important as the action set pieces. Captain America, Thor and Black Panther are straight up action/drama but they have occasional joke usually coming from a comedic relief character in Thor it was Kat Denning Character, in Black Panther it was Shuri. Black Panther doesn't not feel a like GoTG or Antman.
    Exactly my thoughts.

It's like saying that Shazam and BvS have the same tone because of a few jokes in the latter. The two movies have men in tights and big CGI battles at the end but they are very different movies. In BP, the only person that even provided any humor was Shuri...I don't recall anyone spewing constant quips. It just wasn't in the movie...like it literally wasn't. Same with Winter Soldier and same with Hulk.

There are some similarities in Marvel movies no doubt like color grading, VFX and cinematography. But all them of having the same tone...nah, that doesn't track.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-14-2021 at 03:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Show me there I said that. But hey moving the goalposts is your thing as usual, so I don't expect an answer that will do that.
    Considering that you said a series that kicked started the genre in 2000s with a first scene of the actual Jewish holocaust that changed how people looked at comic films from nothing more than awful kids entertainment, especially after 1997 Batman and Robin tried to push this narrative, was problematic from the beginning and acted like Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were not impending dooms waiting to happen because Fox studio was gone, I am not sure you replying to me was an attempt to have a film discussion with me.

maybe we should shift back to a logical goal post and ask ourselves critically how MCU with their constant restriction of not waning to consider more challenging story arcs and different visual movie styles can do more than the last 2 fox films set in the main first universe called Logan and DOFP even at the last minute, this movies were still experimenting with film style like Noir or the Rogue's Cut, which may even better than the cinema release

This is factual taste of the heights fox x-men reached reached in art cinema.

Please dont reply me to anymore if your comments are not going be about canon film process of what goes into these comic films that makes us like or deslike them.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-14-2021 at 03:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Considering that you said a series that kicked started the genre in 2000s with a first scene of the actual Jewish holocaust that changed how people looked at comic films from nothing more than awful kids entertainment, especially after 1997 Batman and Robin tried to push this narrative, was problematic from the beginning and acted like Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were not impending dooms waiting to happen because Fox studio was gone, I am not sure you replying to me was an attempt to have a film discussion with me.

maybe we should shift back to a logical goal post and ask ourselves critically how MCU with their constant restriction of not waning to consider more challenging story arcs and different visual movie styles can do more than the last 2 fox films set in the main first universe called Logan and DOFP even at the last minute, this movies were still experimenting with film style like Noir or the Rogue's Cut, which may even better than the cinema release

This is factual taste of the heights fox x-men reached reached in art cinema.

Please dont reply me to anymore if your comments are not going be about canon film process of what goes into these comic films that makes us like or deslike them.
    Not what i said. But keep making up stuff about my comments.

And one last thing anyone on this forum can reply to something on this board. Esp. if the if you do not stay true to your own comments.

Ultimate Member

I know people didn't like Thor Ragnarok here but I loved it.

Even if it leaned into GoTG type humor, I felt this movie (and Winter Soldier) had the most far reaching consequences on the MCU.

Just to further a truthful assertion. Joker is factually a batman universe character and his movie is still a batman world story even if Bruce wayne does not appear as Batman.He does not need too as there are many Joker comics, Batman also never appears. This is the same truthful way Venom 2018 is a Spiderman universe film even if Peter Parker never appears in the film and also the same truthful way that Deadpool is an xmen universe film even if no official xmen team never really appears in the 2016 film.

The "Venom..." film is a standalone until we hear otherwise.

A member of the X-Men turns up in Deadpool.

In the same way that the "Venom..." film is a standalone, Joker is a standalone that simply takes place in a world that happens to have a set of Waynes living in it. Same as the "Venom..." film is simply taking place in a world that symbiotes happen to exist in.

What in the last 70 years has actually helped X-Men, Spiderman or Batman to have great stand alone universes that never needed the larger Marvel and DC universe to be interesting. hence why the connected universe formula is getting tiring to many people, see this among lots of Spiderman fans that dislike MCU spiderman movies only because they cannot stand Iron Man's presence in it. That is all it takes to dislike a movie even if the movie has some good things in it.
    Examples of this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Examples of this?
    Arguably the one thing complained about with MCU Spiderman.

Also read this thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-3-No-Way-Home

then watch this video.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The "Venom..." film is a standalone until we hear otherwise.

A member of the X-Men turns up in Deadpool.

In the same way that the "Venom..." film is a standalone, Joker is a standalone that simply takes place in a world that happens to have a set of Waynes living in it. Same as the "Venom..." film is simply taking place in a world that symbiotes happen to exist in.
    Venon is a stand alone film set in a Spiderman universe, that Sony in the future wants Spiderman to show up in. this is why among many reasons they will never sell the rights back to marvel.

a number of xmen turn up in Deadpool does it does not mean Deadpool is a team up xmen movie because it isnt.

, Joker is a standalone that simply takes place in a world that happens to have a set of Waynes living in it. Same as the "Venom..." film is simply taking place in a world that symbiotes happen to exist in.
    Sure and this is the world we call a DC Batman universe among the many other Batman universes like the Nolanverse or the Burtonverse or the TAS Verse that mostly will feature only Batman primary characters like Joker and Thomas Wayne. same goes for other primary characters in the Spiderman/X-men universe called Venom and Deadpool.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-14-2021 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I know people didn't like Thor Ragnarok here but I loved it.

Even if it leaned into GoTG type humor, I felt this movie (and Winter Soldier) had the most far reaching consequences on the MCU.
    Thor had 4 chances to catch on with fans Thor 1, Thor 2, Avengers 1, and 2. It just didn't work that way I get why people are upset about the changes but the mostly serious approach didn't work. If Thor continued on the same path was a dead franchise after the 3rd movie. Thor Ragnarok went in a completely different direction(it had no choice) and the casual fans loved and the franchise got a new lease on life.

Astonishing Member

Count me in as a fan of Thor 3, even if I think that the humor is a bit toooo much. But okay, better than the bore part 1 and 2.

What I really disliked was when Thor got fat in Avengers. That wasn't funny at all.

Mine will include a lot of animation

MCU Likes: Most of them. I especially love the Incredible Hulk, Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Captain America movies, and Iron Man trilogy.
    MCU Dislikes: Thor the Dark World, Ant-Man & the Wasp.

DCEU Likes: Man of Steel, SHAZAM, Aquaman, Justice League (both versions)
    DCEU dislikes: Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman
    DCEU MEH list: All the rest

Animated films I love:
    1. Mask of the Phantasm
    2. Under the Red Hood
    3. LEGO Batman (2017)
    4. The LEGO Batman movie (the game turned to film)
    5. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    6. Superman: Doomsday
    7. All Star Superman
    8. Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
    9. Justice League Doom
    10. New Frontier
    11. Spider-Man: Miles Morales movie
    12. Hulk vs Wolverine
    13. Thor: Tales of Asgard

Don't have much love for the rest.

Animated shows I love:
    1. DCAU stuff (except for Static Shock, haven't watched it)
    2. Young Justice
    3. All Batman shows in the last 30 years
    4. All Spider-Man shows prior to Ultimate (seasons 2&3 of the sixties cartoon excluded)
    5. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    6. Superhero Squad
    7. X-Men Evolution
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Count me in as a fan of Thor 3, even if I think that the humor is a bit toooo much. But okay, better than the bore part 1 and 2.

What I really disliked was when Thor got fat in Avengers. That wasn't funny at all.
    He got fat because he was depressed. I know he wasn't everyone's favorite, but I didn't mind it.

If you really want a final two movies for a series that started in 2000. try and use DOFP AND Logan and see how MCU measures up artistically?
    I try to avoid egging you on like the plague, but I'll just point out that, even by your own made-up metrics, DOFP and Logan weren't the final two movies in that series. Apocalypse came after DOFP and Deadpool 2 came after both of them. But I'm sure you'll find some way to move the goalpost again with that.

I'll now leave you to continue pushing your "objective" opinions as facts.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not that different. I mean, BP was better, but still action MCU movie with MCU banter in spades.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Were "Spider-Man: Homecoming" and "Black Panther" in the same phase? Those had pretty different tones to me. I mean, this is all subjective anyway - for me, there's enough variety so that I don't find it too repetitive. The Marvel films I didn't like so much had more to do with the stories than whether or not they felt formulaic or had "less artistic value" or not.
    Black Panther is the same phase or let me say same movie as Spiderman far from home in style. The tone of Black panther is between fun, action and drama. Nothing even remotely big happens in the film until Killmonger arrives at Wakanda.

I think the two movies- Far from Home and Black Panther are a twin of each other. so there. As for the action, They are also shot and done the same way, the only difference is While both the cgi action are bland and uninspiring compared to Sam Raimi Spiderman 2, Far from home's action is not to worry deeply, I mean you don't worry about a fast and furious action scene. However Black Panther action was poorly done and greatly mishandled by the studio. It should have been unacceptable, especially given it is the first comic film with an all black cast and Disney could not even be bothered to give the movie the best CGI money could buy? strange?

However in the bigger picture, This is not really a game changing event because DC and other marvel disney, fox and sony films have done poor action scenes in the past, X-Men origins action was terrible, so was amazing spiderman. however the black panther action scene only becomes a real legit issue if Weblucker and Killerbee911 keep saying black panther is the best comic book film only because rotten tomatoes has it score at the highest at 96%,

This ofcourse wont make sense and become the big issue in a serious film discussion because we know by good sense that whatever we should be calling the best comic book film should have at least be the best of almost everything that goes into making a movie as a pure art form and Black Panther's is already at a great disadvantage because of how poorly handled the action scenes was.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-14-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I try to avoid egging you on like the plague, but I'll just point out that, even by your own made-up metrics, DOFP and Logan weren't the final two movies in that series. Apocalypse came after DOFP and Deadpool 2 came after both of them. But I'm sure you'll find some way to move the goalpost again with that.

I'll now leave you to continue pushing your "objective" opinions as facts.
    We live in a society, where objectivity is a distant memory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Thor had 4 chances to catch on with fans Thor 1, Thor 2, Avengers 1, and 2. It just didn't work that way I get why people are upset about the changes but the mostly serious approach didn't work. If Thor continued on the same path was a dead franchise after the 3rd movie. Thor Ragnarok went in a completely different direction(it had no choice) and the casual fans loved and the franchise got a new lease on life.

No one would have predicted that in the space of a decade, Batman films will go from Batman and Robin to The Dark Knight.

No one would have predicted that a spin film that started poorly with X-Men Origins wolverine, will end with a pure masterclass that redefined comic book genre for decades to come with Logan, even many xmen fans that said there was no where else to go after DOFP were proven because wrong because Logan even took a great dystopian xmen story further than DOFP ever did.

What happened with Ragnarok was just a poorly thought out thing and I think the harsh criticism is earned from comic fans and it is shame, critics chose to give this film a pass because they laughed alot at and with it. If Batman and X-Men can improve greatly after many chances, then no doubt Thor could have done the same. what stops Ragnarok from doing the same is because MCU will never just let talents like Chris Nolan or James Mangold make a film on what they have planned in their heart with no big interruptions. Ragnarok just copied off Age of Ultron/GOTG. so again, just more proof MCU films are the same in the end.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-14-2021 at 09:48 AM.