Default X-Men references/introductions/Easter Eggs in the MCU

Probably we’re not going to see the X-Men in the MCU in the near future, but we’re already getting some X-Men references.

- Recently in Falcon and the Winter Soldier series Madripoor city was introduced which is tied to X-Men and especially to Wolverine.
    - The Princess Bar also confirmed to exist in Madripoor
    - Marvel launched a website for Madripoor where there were some name drop Easter eggs of Mystique, Daken, Karma and even Krakoa! Maybe this means nothing, but for some reason they were removed after the fans found them:

Marvel Opens MCU Madripoor Website, Quickly Scrubs X-Men References

We can probably expect more references in other upcoming series&movies. Well, at least it’s something until we get to the X-Men movies
    I don’t know if there were other references, these are all I know. but we can add if there were(or will be) any more.

Last edited by DAHX; 04-12-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm here for all the X-Men Easter Eggs in the MCU, big or small as they may be, and for obsessively analysing every reference until the first mutant finally appears!

Regarding Falcon & Winter Soldier, I purposely stayed away from the later promos so I'm not sure if it was made clearer there, but I remember the initial marketing materials included a still with Madripoor's flag and I figured that would be the extent of the Easter Egg. Little did I know they would set a whole episode there, with a few of the shots really reminding me of John Buscema's art from those early Wolverine issues. And my heart almost sank when they went to the Princess Bar. Here's hoping there's a few other juicy X-bits before the show wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Probably we’re not going to see the X-Men in the MCU in the near future, but we’re already getting some X-Men references.

- Recently in Falcon and the Winter Soldier series Madripoor was introduced which is tied to X-Men and especially to Wolverine.
    - Marvel launched a website for Madripoor where there were some name drop Easter eggs of Mystique, Daken, Karma and even Krakoa! Maybe this means nothing, but for some reason they were removed after the fans found them:

Marvel Opens MCU Madripoor Website, Quickly Scrubs X-Men References

We can probably expect more references in other upcoming series&movies. Well, at least it’s something until we get to the X-Men movies
    I don’t know if there were other references, these are all I know. but we can add if there were(or will be) any more.
    Not just Madripoor but specifically Wolverine's favorite 'Princess Bar' is shown when they're walking about Madripoor nice touch I thought.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Not just Madripoor but specifically Wolverine's favorite 'Princess Bar' is shown when they're walking about Madripoor nice touch I thought.
    You're right! How could I forget! I've edited the first post
    Be kind, it's FREE

I assume they originally copy/pasted some info about Madripoor from the comics, and edited the website because the X-Men don't exist in the MCU yet so events involving those characters can't have happened?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The fact that there was an X-Men reference to begin with that they had to scrub is proof that the powers that be in Marvel Studios know those connections are there. I still think it's a bit too early to start dropping hints, but they should start dropping soon. The current rumor is that the biggest will come in the Eternals movie, which was supposed to have come out before Falcon and Winter Soldier. Perhaps that's why that reference was there to begin with. But even if that's not the case, I do think those references will become more frequent in the coming months/years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In The Incredible Hulk movie, the Super-Soldier Serum General Ross used on Emil Blonsky was kept in a container labeled "Weapons Plus." A reference to or Easter egg for Weapon Plus, the umbrella organization encompassing both Project Rebirth (Captain America) and Weapon X/10 (Wolverine), and first introduced in Grant Morrison's New X-Men.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

I hate the MCU so much. We have to wait at least 5 years to see our favorite IP done decently in live action while they cannibalize multiple elements from the X-Canon for fun. Next thing you know, they’ll be using Genosha in the Loki TV show.

BANNED

You say cannibalize I say hommage.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    You say cannibalize I say hommage.
    I call it laying the groundwork to be honest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    I hate the MCU so much. We have to wait at least 5 years to see our favorite IP done decently in live action while they cannibalize multiple elements from the X-Canon for fun. Next thing you know, they’ll be using Genosha in the Loki TV show.
    This is certainly an odd take, at least to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The fact that there was an X-Men reference to begin with that they had to scrub is proof that the powers that be in Marvel Studios know those connections are there. I still think it's a bit too early to start dropping hints, but they should start dropping soon. The current rumor is that the biggest will come in the Eternals movie, which was supposed to have come out before Falcon and Winter Soldier. Perhaps that's why that reference was there to begin with. But even if that's not the case, I do think those references will become more frequent in the coming months/years.
    I doubt the Eternals movie will directly reference the X-Men or the Fantastic Four, but it seems like it's taking its inspiration from a story that has a lot to do with the X-Men and Fantastic Four and thus when their respective films come out, will retroactively have set them up.

I saw the Madripoor stuff as more of Wolverine Easter Eggs rather than X-Men which makes me believe Logan will probably be introduced at some point in the far future before the other X-Men. That Madripoor skyline looks right out of a page from Wolverine: Save the Tyger.