Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    They must be confining the list to mainstream DCU. Because early 90s Vertigo beats most, if not all, of this list.
    Well early Vertigo, like Sandman (or was it Vertigo then?) was set in the DCU. Dr. Destiny is the main villain in Preludes and Nocturnes, and that references a classic JLA story where at the end of which he ended up in Arkham. Gaiman followed it up and welded that into his world.

It's true that as Sandman continued, Gaiman untethered it significantly from the wider DCU.

Moore's Swamp Thing which is often seen as the title that built Vertigo or laid the foundation stone for it, was set in the mainstream DCU and the first arc had The Floronic Man, and then the famous set of issues in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Looking at the site from that link and man...Newsarama went to the dogs.
    This is another of several lists they just keep reposting every so often. I think this list has been up there, pretending to be new, at least 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Yeah for sure, Steve Gerber does a DC Comics Presents story with Mzyzptlk and Zod destroying Metropolis. It’s like a Mad Magazine version of Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.

I think there is a ton on that list that deserves consideration but The Great Darkness Saga is not my favorite Legion or Darkseid story, it’s great though! I think there is a ton I love on there but I would break it up by decade. What would a best of decades list look like?
    Agreed. DC Comics Presents is filled with hidden treasures, such like the first appearance of...

Mongul/Warworld
    (DC Comics Presents #27)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-11-2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.