Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, yeah. Not the biggest fan of the expansion of Yara and the Amazons from Brazil given how erratic focus the Bana or Amazons from Themyscira get but I'd hope that'd be the last major tribe addition as it runs the risk of ending up the multi-colored lantern corps.
    Aren't the multicolored Lanterns a successful concept? More is more except when less is more and in this case I don't think it is. Currently we have Wonder Woman, The Sensational Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl and Nubia that all need storylines. Donna and Cassie could probably support their own book or at least a limited series. So could Grace Choi or Artemis and Hippolyta is in the Justice League. If you build it they will come, I say go big or go home.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Out of curiosity if the Bana were to get their own book just to focus on and expand them as a group, who would people want writing (and optionally drawing) such a thing?
    Saladin Ahmed or Ram V writing, Kim Jacinto on art.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Out of curiosity if the Bana were to get their own book just to focus on and expand them as a group, who would people want writing (and optionally drawing) such a thing?
    N.K. Jemisin or Nnendi Okafor as writers. Phil Jiminez on art.

I don't think race matters that much when it comes to characters of color, I can't help but notice that all the offensive takes on the Bana (including Perez who is white Latino) where all by white writers. Rucka didn't do too bad with them from what I recall, but he seems to be the exception. There are some great non-white writers out there so it would be nice to see their take at least. Doselle Young did give us Akila.