Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I've seen a lot of discussion recently about there being too many x-titles, so I've been thinking of ways the line could be consolidated. I ended up getting it down to eight titles by combining the books with similar themes or premises. With books that haven't been released yet like X-Corp and Way of X I'm obviously going off of what we've read in interviews. How would you go about consolidating the line? Do you think 12-13 books is too many or that we should simply enjoy what's being given to us?

1. X-Men: Since this is the flagship title I didn't try to combine it with anything else.
    2. Marauders + X-Corp: Both titles deal with the business side Krakoan relations and I don't think the pirate angle of Marauders is that necessary.
    3. X-Force + Hellions: Both titles deal with violent mutants operating in states of gray and they also both touch upon how criminal justice is dealt with in Krakoa.
    4. Excalibur + SWORD: Both titles with deal with exploration of new realms and the expansion of mutant power through collaboration. I think it would take a really good writer to balance sci-fi and fantasy concepts, but if done well it could be amazing.
    5. New Mutants + Children of the Atom: Both titles deal with how young people are reacting to the new Krakoan status quo and finding their place in the world.
    6. X-Factor + Way of X: Both titles seem to be mystery focused and I think the premise of X-Factor focusing on the resurrection protocols could easily be expanded to an examination of the other major parts of Krakoan society.
    7. Wolverine: I don’t care for his solo titles but the man sells.
    8. Additional solo series: I think this should be a Storm series hands down, but I can see the argument for a revolving door of limited series like Cable, Moira X, etc.
    Excalibur/SWORD by Al Ewing would be EPIC. And he would definitely be able to handle both sci-fi and fantasy. Plus imagine him writing Betsy, Rogue, and Gambit.

I fella can dream. It would probably have to be bi weekly and have two fast artist.

And if they were to combine books they literally just have to change the titles and make the rotating artist schedule work and we'd get bi weeklys.

Doesn't DC do this sometimes with titles. Also the Spider Man office did it as well right?

I would just ax books, not try to fi the concept into another. Excalibur, Marauders and X-Force should go

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There is always going to be someone crying because their favorite character is not the leading role in a series so there is no real way to do it.
    Agreed, this is why I try to stay out of "Appreciation" (aka whining) threads. Give us as many books as possible so as many characters as possible get to shine.

Just 4 titles.

X-Men being the Utopia/Krakoa team leading with politcs and advocacy - led by Cyclops.

Uncanny X-Men, based in San Francisco, a straighforward superhero team - led by Storm.

X-Force, based in Australia, the bloody covert team - led by Wolverine.

New Mutants, based on the Mansion, where the NM teach the New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would just ax books, not try to fi the concept into another. Excalibur, Marauders and X-Force should go
    Its not like ewing gonna write both excalibur and sword.

Consolidate just mean havint the books being published on same book as a anthology, we are too far on the game for that

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Its not like ewing gonna write both excalibur and sword.

Consolidate just mean havint the books being published on same book as a anthology, we are too far on the game for that
    I know what the word consolidate means

The only 2 books Id consolidate together would be Wolverine and X-Force. Percy writes both and the books already share the same plotlines. He's not really doing anything interesting with the individual characters in X-force anyway so just continue on with Wolverine and have X-Force be rotating supporting guests.
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-12-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know what the word consolidate means

The only 2 books Id consolidate together would be Wolverine and X-Force. Percy writes both and the books already share the same plotlines. He's not really doing anything interesting with the individual characters in X-force anyway so just continue on with Wolverine and have X-Force be rotating supporting guests.
    He is doing things to the charcters on x-force specially Beast and Quentin but I agee that they should be only one book. It could be a for more better read

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Just 4 titles.

X-Men being the Utopia/Krakoa team leading with politcs and advocacy - led by Cyclops.

Uncanny X-Men, based in San Francisco, a straighforward superhero team - led by Storm.

X-Force, based in Australia, the bloody covert team - led by Wolverine.

New Mutants, based on the Mansion, where the NM teach the New X-Men.
    Assuming Jean Grey being with Cyclops, I'd also like to see some kind of book with Emma as the lead, something like the original X-Corps idea mixed with what Marauders is by way of some of the Hellfire Club intrigue, but otherwise, these 4 (and that one addition) would be all I'd ever need.