story by TOM TAYLOR
    pencils by JOHN TIMMS
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    ON SALE 8/10/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by INHYUK LEE
    US $4.99
    Suicide Squad Movie card stock variant by SAMI BASRI $4.99
    Jonathan Kent now dons his father’s cape, but can he be Superman and still have a normal life? It’s tough in this modern world. Danger is everywhere. The new Superman learns this the hard way on his first day of college, and a deadly attack forces Jon to step from the shadows and into the spotlight—where his identity is exposed to the Truth, an activist news machine ready to upset everything.
    But first, the son still has some things to learn from his father—and a few cool toys to inherit. Ask yourself, what would you do with your very own Fortress of Solitude? This all-new chapter in the legacy of Man of Steel has only just begun to reveal its surprises

Action Comics #1034
    story by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, BECKY CLOONAN & MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    art by DANIEL SAMPERE, MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    cover by: DANIEL SAMPERE
    ON SALE : 8/24/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by : JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    US $5.99

The Warzoons make their way to the doorstep of the Fortress of Solitude and only Lois Lane and the alien girl Thao-La are there to defend it. That’s because Superman is halfway around the world trying to stop the U.S. from declaring war on Atlantis. The Man of Steel must make a tough choice, and odds are, no one walks away happy.
    Elsewhere in Metropolis, Midnighter moves closer to the center of Trojan’s empire in the penultimate chapter of his back-up adventure. The story finishes later this month with the Midnighter 2021 Annual.

Superman and the Authority #2
    story by GRANT MORRISON
    art & cover by MIKEL JANIN
    ON SALE 8/3/21
    variant by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    2 of 4

Clark Kent and Manchester Black continue to put Superman’s new team together, even though keeping Black in check seems like just as difficult a job as convincing the new recruits to come along. The pair hits different parts of the world looking for different types of heroes. While Midnighter, Apollo, and Natasha Irons only need to tie up some loose ends before getting on board, the Enchantress is going to be a little harder. Superman is going to have to set her free from a deadly illusion hell-bent on destroying her before she can help him save the universe.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well....Action sounds interesting.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Superman and Authority #3
    story by GRANT MORRISON
    art & cover by MIKEL JANIN
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    variant by SIMON BISLEY
    3 of 4

Superman put the Authority back together, but why? What threat is out there that only this group can contend with? The Ultra-Humanite, of course! This fearsome foe is forming a team of his own, one designed to go fist-to-fist with the Authority. It will be their baptism in battle to prove if Superman is right that regardless of who we are, there is a hero lurking inside even the worst of us.
    This penultimate issue is an important chapter in the new Superman mythos, helping to set up where Clark Kent goes next…and who he goes there with.

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #3
    story by TOM KING
    art & Cover by BILQUIS EVELY
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    $4.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    3 of 8
    variant cover by DAVID MACK

Supergirl’s journey across the cosmos continues! Her hunt to bring the killer Krem to justice brings her and the young alien in her care to a small planet, where they discover that there are still some very small minds, even on the outer edges of the galaxy. The cold welcome the locals give the Woman of Steel makes her suspicious enough to go looking for secrets they want to keep buried, and what she finds is nothing short of horrifying. Can she and Ruthye get off the planet alive now that these deadly sins have been exposed?

Checkmate #3
    story by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    ON SALE: 8/24/21
    variant Cover by MATT TAYLOR
    price $4.99 US (Card Stock)

All-new story! As the super-spies try to keep Leviathan from getting its hands on the Heroes Network, Lois Lane does her best to get to the bottom of the new truths in front of her. Meanwhile, her husband—the Man of Steel—has had just about enough of Leviathan. That’s right, finally! The man behind the rise of Leviathan, Mark Shaw, and Superman clash! Plus: Who is Mr. King really? Guest-starring Robin and Talia al Ghul! And Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Batman/Superman #21[/B]
    story by GENE LUEN YANG
    pencils by IVAN REIS
    inks by DANNY MIKI
    cover by RODOLFO MIGLIARI
    ON SALE 8/24/21
    variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    $4.99 US (card stock)

The dimension-shattering Archive of Worlds saga ends here—and reverberations from this titanic tale last long after the dust settles! As the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel work to halt the villainous Auteur.io’s plan here on Earth-0, the Batman and Superman of their respective archive worlds must team up with Alanna of Rann and El Diablo himself to save what’s left of their homes. Etrigan and his demon hordes rain Armageddon down on their pocket universes—and the fate of the World of Tomorrow and the World of the Knight hang in the balance!

Batman/Superman 2021 Annual #1
    story by: GENE LUEN YANG
    art by: PAUL PELLETIER (Superman Side), FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (Batman Side)
    Connected Flip Covers by BRYAN HITCH
    $5.99 US |48 PAGES |FC |DC
    FC|DC On Sale Date: 8/31/21
    Connected Flip Variant Covers by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
    Price: US $6.99 (Card Stock)

The epic epilogue to the Archive of Worlds saga! In his pursuit of perfection, the godlike Auteur.io sought to create and destroy worlds with the wave of a hand and a flair for the dramatic. But against all odds…the World of the Knight and the World of Tomorrow live on! The Batman of the noir-tinged streets of Gotham City finds himself stranded in the sunny, retro-futurist World of Tomorrow—and Superman discovers himself in the opposite predicament. With their home worlds in decay and only one chance to save them, the key to preserving their very existence is but the flip of a coin. Or the flip of this book!
    This special flip book is two times the story, with one full comic on one side and one full comic on the other, meeting in the middle! Follow Superman’s journey on one side of this epic flip book annual, and turn the adventure over to crusade with the Batman and his trusty sidekick, Robin!

Suicide Squad 2021 Annual
    story by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by EDUARDO PANSICA, JULIO FERREIRA, MARCELO MAIOLO
    ON SALE 8/31/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    Card stock variant by GERALD PAREL
    $6.99 US

Everyone questioned how the teen calling himself Conner Kent came to be recruited into the Suicide Squad by Amanda Waller. But as Superboy sneaks into the bowels of a top-secret Task Force X black site, what he finds changes all he thinks he knows about himself and his history. This oversize annual alters everything for the only hero on the Squad and makes him question what to do next, now that he knows the truth behind his origin.

Superman Red & Blue #6
    story by TOM KING, MATT WAGNER, SOPHIE CAMPBELL, REX OGLE, AND DARCIE LITTLE BADGER
    art by PAOLOE RIVERA, MATT WAGNER, SOPHIE CAMPBELL, STEVE PUGH AND MORE!
    cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    $5.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by GABRIELLE DELL’OTTO
    variant by KEVIN EASTMAN
    prestige format
    6 of 6

It’s the final issue of this free-form anthology, featuring the Metropolis Marvel in new stories, bedazzled in his signature colors. It’s the only place to see Superman chasing down headlines in a classic style and taking pause to reflect on growing up on a farm in Smallville. Not to mention, the return of Streaky the Supercat by superstar cartoonist Sophie Campbell (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)!

Justice League #66
    story by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, RAM V
    art by PHIL HESTER, SUMIT KUMAR
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    ON SALE: 8/3/21
    card stock variant by ALEXANDER LOZANO US $5.99

The Hall of Justice has been invaded by the cosmic threat of the Synmar Utopica, and it will take the full force of the United Planets, led by Superman, to defeat it without destroying Earth in the process. Meanwhile, the secrets of Checkmate are being whispered among the Justice League, and that spells trouble for Green Arrow and Black Canary. All this, and guest star Deathstroke!
    Meanwhile in Gotham, Batman stands watch as the Eternal Knight continues her quest through the maze of Randir Singh’s mind. And she’s not the only one lost within it! But where is the Justice League Dark in all of this? Under the sea in the lost city of Atlantis! Merlin is ready to rule, and it’s up to Aquaman and this band of magical misfits to save the entire kingdom!

Justice League #67
    story by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, RAM V
    art by PHIL HESTER, SUMIT KUMAR
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    ON SALE: 8/17/21
    card stock variant by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    US $5.99

It’s the Justice League versus the United Order as the truth that gives power to this new cosmic super team crosses a line that the Justice League cannot allow. Will there even be a United Planets after this thunderous clash of intergalactic superpowers? Also, Green Arrow must come to terms with his responsibilities to both Checkmate and the League. Ollie may have to pick which path to follow, but what does it mean for the future of the League if the guy paying the bills has to bail?
    The Silent School used their magic for years to protect Atlantis from all kinds of invaders, but nothing prepared them for the most powerful sorcerer ever…Merlin! Luckily, the Justice League Dark arrives to turn the tide of the battle. However, they’re not fighting at full strength. Zatanna is harboring a dark secret, and if she unleashes her magic, it could drown everyone!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-26-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Beautiful variants for Superman: Son of Kal-El #2 and Action

Infinite Frontier #4
    story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by: XERMANICO, PAUL PELLETIER, & JESUS MERINO
    cover by: MITCH GERADS
    ON SALE 8/10/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC 4 of 6
    card stock variant by BRYAN HITCH
    $5.99
    Suicide Squad Movie Variant by JOHN K. SNYDER III
    $5.99

President Superman finds himself in the wrong world, and it isn’t looking good. Bones and Chase attempt to stop super-powered heroes and villains from crossing Multiversal lines. If they can shut down the President of Steel, they think that it will serve as a signal to all to not mess with Earth-0!
    This is only a distraction, however, as Injustice Incarnate begins to show them the worst the Multiverse has to offer, and only Flashpoint Batman is there to lend the heroes backup.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

You forgot one: SUPERMAN '78 #1!!! WHAT! WHAT!

That Action cover looks interesting. Are they bringing back the post-Crisis origin? Is this just an homage? What is this?
    Assassinate Putin!

Suicide Squad 2021 Annual
    story by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by DEXTER SOY
    cover by EDUARDO PANSICA, JULIO FERREIRA, MARCELO MAIOLO
    ON SALE 8/31/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    Card stock variant by GERALD PAREL
    $6.99 US

Everyone questioned how the teen calling himself Conner Kent came to be recruited into the Suicide Squad by Amanda Waller. But as Superboy sneaks into the bowels of a top-secret Task Force X black site, what he finds changes all he thinks he knows about himself and his history. This oversize annual alters everything for the only hero on the Squad and makes him question what to do next, now that he knows the truth behind his origin.
    Hmmm....OG Conner VS Johns Conner. Okay Suicide Squad. Even if it ends up just being a metaphysical clash, you've got my attention.

I’m sure it’s a fake out, but I will say killing Lois would be a deal breaker for me. I’d be out until the inevitable reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Hmmm....OG Conner VS Johns Conner. Okay Suicide Squad. Even if it ends up just being a metaphysical clash, you've got my attention.
    My theory upon first seeing this is that "Conner Kent" has an expiration date on him, and that's always been the case. Maybe he's been getting replaced since his death?

That would explain why Bendis set up the idea that his powers would eventually just turn off.

This would really play into the idea of Suicide Squad. Like, we all had to wonder how you could create tension with and the possibility of dying with Superboy on the team. But this way he'd be like Hickman's X-Men where he's effectively immortal due to being able to have his bodies die, but have his thoughts get downloaded into a new body.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I adore these Doc Shaner covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My theory upon first seeing this is that "Conner Kent" has an expiration date on him, and that's always been the case. Maybe he's been getting replaced since his death?

That would explain why Bendis set up the idea that his powers would eventually just turn off.

This would really play into the idea of Suicide Squad. Like, we all had to wonder how you could create tension with and the possibility of dying with Superboy on the team. But this way he'd be like Hickman's X-Men where he's effectively immortal due to being able to have his bodies die, but have his thoughts get downloaded into a new body.
    Heh. That seems like the most likely scenario but I'm really hoping they don't do that. I'm already not a fan of the way it's kinda removed a lot of the stakes from the X-Books in Hickman's era. Much like Dragonball, death in comics has always kinda been a joke. But the way Hickman's gone about doing it...It's an admittedly well thought out idea. But it takes a lot of the tension out of his books.

Extraordinary Member

Is midnighter a Superman character?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I don't think its meta, I think SS Conner is genuinely another clone, not the real Conner. Be it a clone OF the clone, or a new collection of Superman-teen clones implanted with Kon's memories or something. It would make sense regarding how no one else in the Super family has mentioned Kon in terms of being missing or anything, a common complaint since the direction began. He's not missing. Conner is fine, SS Superboy just isn't him. This one eventually dies and the Kesel/Bendis revamped Conner goes on as the one true Superboy. At least that last part is my hope.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-26-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El