Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Fantastic Four, #9

• Who is the new FRIGHTFUL FOUR?
    • Can REED prove BEN'S innocence?
    • And an adventure with the kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION and the ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH!

Full article here.

Mighty Member

I've found that I like this run more and more as it progresses. If James Robinson sticks around for another arc, and I hope he does, I wonder what he has planned after things come back together.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I've found that I like this run more and more as it progresses. If James Robinson sticks around for another arc, and I hope he does, I wonder what he has planned after things come back together.
    Agreed. I think having the 'Four have time apart always helps the book as well.

A much stronger run that Fractions.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

The art is really killing it for me! I like all the four but sometimes the Ben-alone stories bring greater depth, and 'tapestry' than the others ' alone stories. Robinson is a good writer.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Can Wednesday not come too soon? And I really want an Invaders/FF crossover.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to Wednesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Leonard Kirk is one of those artists with a clean, classic style that seems to get overlooked. I will take one Leonard Kirk over 5 of some of the indy style artists Marvel uses. And isn't this the second FF comic he's turned out this month? Either he got some good lead time on the book or he's got a high page per day count. The only artists that I've seen that can do that these days is Bagley or JR jr.

I also am glad that Robinson is giving the characters their own plots to allow that character to have the spotlight on them. And I think we can guess who the female boss of this jail is since the cover for a future issue shows spoilers:
    Sharon Ventura in her She Thing form
    end of spoilers. I hope Robinson gives her a redemption arc here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope Robinson gives her a redemption arc here.
    agreed. she has to be one of the most overlooked Fantastic Four characters.

I'd like to see spoilers:
    Sharon return to her original human form too
    end of spoilers if that's not too much to ask for!

Maybe I missed something but, what're these criminals doing at The Raft? Wasn't that prison shut down in Superior Spider-Man, turned into Spider Island 2 and then blown to Hell by the Goblins in Goblin Nation?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe I missed something but, what're these criminals doing at The Raft? Wasn't that prison shut down in Superior Spider-Man, turned into Spider Island 2 and then blown to Hell by the Goblins in Goblin Nation?
    Yes, all that happened during the Superior Spider-Man series; but it appears that the Raft has just been rebuilt (again).

Oops...that is John Walker who's the warden. I think this might be the place the candidates for the Thunderbolts were held maybe??
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Leonard Kirk is one of those artists with a clean, classic style that seems to get overlooked. I will take one Leonard Kirk over 5 of some of the indy style artists Marvel uses. And isn't this the second FF comic he's turned out this month? Either he got some good lead time on the book or he's got a high page per day count. The only artists that I've seen that can do that these days is Bagley or JR jr.

I also am glad that Robinson is giving the characters their own plots to allow that character to have the spotlight on them. And I think we can guess who the female boss of this jail is since the cover for a future issue shows spoilers:
    Sharon Ventura in her She Thing form
    end of spoilers. I hope Robinson gives her a redemption arc here.
    I really like Kirk, too. Penciling this issue is Marc Laming who I might like even a little better than Kirk!

Thanks, I didn't look at the credits.

Why is Kirk not on issues 9 and 10? Is he off this title now?
    I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.