Amazing Member

Default The 6I6 Ultimates vs.(current movie versions)Godzilla and King Kong

The Ultimates:
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Spectrum
    Miss America
    Blue Marvel

vs. Godzilla and Kong. I proposed this battle on a Facebook Geek board and the consensus was the the Ultimates would win. Agree or Disagree

Well, the simple fact is that G & KK have no way of hurting Spectrum, and I’m not even sure about Blue Marvel.

The rest are probably toast unless Carol happens to be rocking the Binary powers at the time.

Panther certainly wonders why he’s there.

I think Monica has enough output to do something, and I suspect Blue Marvel could probably space-toss (or space-drag).

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

At bare minimum Monica can zip into the monster brains through their optic nerve and flash fry the inside of their skulls. I've also heard she was bordering on planet busting recently, but I'm not sure what asterisks are on that.

Blue Marvel is a dude that Sentry had to actually exert himself to hurt right? A legit class 100 like that should be able to toss the monsters into orbit or pound their heads in.

Monica is also super problematic.

The rest are dead weight.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, Blue Marvel could do this likely by himself. With Captain Marvel and Spectrum backing him up?

Yikes, that's some dead kaiju.

Short answer, the Ultimates win.

Longer answer: could I just note my appreciation in seeing the Ultimates in Rumbles once again? One of my favorite lineups in one of my favorite runs ever.

Everyone's already mentioned Blue Marvel, Spectrum, and Captain Marvel. Miss America opened up a portal in outer space to the same punch dimension that Cyclops draws from, except her portal was much bigger than his eyes, effectively making a giant optic blast cannon. I don't know if that much concussive energy can necessarily one-shot them depending on the size of the portal, but it's still got to hurt plenty.

Of course, that tactic is still very extra when BM, Monica, and Carol are already there.

I'm not sure Carol is tremendously useful. Isnt she like Class 50 or 70 or something?

I guess if Godzilla blasted her enough times she might go full Binary
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm not sure Carol is tremendously useful. Isnt she like Class 50 or 70 or something?

I guess if Godzilla blasted her enough times she might go full Binary
    I was thinking more her wild energy manipulation and absorption abilities. Godzilla needs radiation to live and she could likely drain it out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I was thinking more her wild energy manipulation and absorption abilities. Godzilla needs radiation to live and she could likely drain it out of him.
    Ahhh yes. That makes more sense. She could definitely take the edge out of him.
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Blue Marvel is a dude that Sentry had to actually exert himself to hurt right? A legit class 100 like that should be able to toss the monsters into orbit or pound their heads in.

Monica is also super problematic.

The rest are dead weight.
    i don't really like using a guy whose powers are whatever his schizophrenic brain thinks they should be that day as a measuring stick for the power of others.

Astonishing Member

He was initially a peer of original Sentry, at least physically (given Sentry's full range of superpowers/transformations), but I don't know if he kept up that kind of presentation momentum afterwards, I heard his last appearance had him struggling with a black hole.

Not that it matters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    i don't really like using a guy whose powers are whatever his schizophrenic brain thinks they should be that day as a measuring stick for the power of others.
    That's fair. Pretty sure his general presentation is still class 100.
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Even the recent King In Black event went schizo salad with him, dragging him through the mud by killing him off, making as if his merged form comics never happened and making Weekend at Bernie jokes at the expense of his scattered remains. But it also dropped him in the same sentence as Celestials for why the new big bad was bad enough for killing them both, made him oneshot a "Knullified" Celestial (the only other character shown doing the same to such an abomination being Captain Universe Venom swinging an axe made of Mjolnir and Silver Surfer's board fused together) and for all his troubles granting him entrance to Valhalla, even if Bob doesn't look the type for that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post

The Ultimates:
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Spectrum
    Miss America
    Blue Marvel

vs. Godzilla and Kong. I proposed this battle on a Facebook Geek board and the consensus was the the Ultimates would win. Agree or Disagree
    Blue Marvel and Miss America don't have movie versions yet. Godzilla and Kong could handle Captain Marvel and Panther though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Blue Marvel and Miss America don't have movie versions yet. Godzilla and Kong could handle Captain Marvel and Panther though
    OP says it's the 616 Ultimate team characters which means it's from the Al Ewing Ultimates comic in main comic continuity (instead of the original Mark Millar Ultimate continuity comics). Which means even if Kong is the strongest live version and Godzilla has enough juice to eventually blast from the surface to the center of the Earth, it still sounds like a mismatch.