Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hellions #11 Spoiler/Review Thread - Things are bad

In Arizona, we see a few doctors from The Right talk about the Krakoan virus that affected the command core. Dr. Murch says their AI program produced a mutant, a self replicating AI. The zeta team appears and it seems they want to get that AI back. We then see Nanny with the baby on her ship

In Purgatory, The Hellions are talking about that mission. Greycrow sees Kwannon and wants to talk but she shuts him down. Nanny has a surprise for her new baby but is shocked to see Peter playing with it. She calls him a stupid boy, a bad one. Later Greycrow walks on Orphan Maker alone who is sad about Nanny hating him

Data page. Prodiy on behalf of X-factor is submitting a report on the deaths on Amenth and inquires how Sinister was the only one that survived. 3 died on Amenth and 4 on Krakoan soil supposedly from injuries suffered in Amenth. Prodigy suggests a thorough scan from a powerful telepath

Bar Sinister. Sinister is talking to a Mastermind whom informs him that he will be busy with X-Corp. He leaves and Sinister is left to dine with a clone of his from Amenth. His face is stiched up and explains it was Tarn the Uncaring. The clone is pissed and wants to kill Sinister prime who hits an alarm. They fight until the Hellions come to break it up. Sinister tells them that he sent them to Otherworld with the clone. The clone tells them that he is here to prepare the way for Tarn as the Amenth mutants appear. He arranged a rematch

Astonishing Member

Considering Tarn's mutants easily dealt with the Hellions, is that "Stich" Sinister's way of wanting to win? By sending the winners, this time on his side, on a second run against the team he lost with?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Another great issue. I felt bad for Orphan Maker, a sentence I never thought I'd type. It was funny seeing Greycrow call out Alex for ignoring them at the Gala, and getting a little bit of backstory for him when he was bonding with OM. It feels like things are building to a head with Sinister, look forward to seeing where that goes. I liked the fill in artist, I especially appreciate that he didn't over-sexualize Kwannon.

Book of the week for me. I absolutely loved x-men# 1 but there was just something so satisfying about this.

I haven't read American # 4 yet but so far my rankings.

1)Hellions # 13
    2)X-men # 1
    3)X-force #21
    4)Immortal Hulk #48
    5)Cota# 5
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

This continues to be one of the best Xbooks Zeb is really hitting his stride here! So many different character interactions and sub plots all starting to come to fruition! And Prodigy is a shady bish and I love it can Zeb write him from now on?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This continues to be one of the best Xbooks Zeb is really hitting his stride here! So many different character interactions and sub plots all starting to come to fruition! And Prodigy is a shady bish and I love it can Zeb write him from now on?
    LMAO this has me dying cause i literally read that letter twice and was like "who wrote this." had to zoom all the way in and was like "lmao prodigy." lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Never thought Greycrow cleaning guns with Orhan could be so wholesome.

And Alex you dodger.

Sinister vs Sinister was fun.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Never thought Greycrow cleaning guns with Orhan could be so wholesome.

And Alex you dodger.

Sinister vs Sinister was fun.
    "imagine my surprise when i saw Jamie with MY CAPE! Do you know how that made me feel?" lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    "imagine my surprise when i saw Jamie with MY CAPE! Do you know how that made me feel?" lol.
    That was amazing. LOL!

Another fun issue and I've come to really like the cast. We know next to nothing about Orphan Maker so it's fun to learn about him. I love how Greycrow bonds with him and Wild Child like an older brother.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Great issue and the art was good. Sinister literally fighting himself made my day. So how long do we think oprhanmaker can keep nanny’s secret?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Best book this week.

Orphan Maker has become a real standout; I couldn't stand him before but damn is he entertaining.

Wild Child and (as much as I hate to say it) Empath are dead weight and should be replaced (preferably by women) ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Orphan Maker has become a real standout; I couldn't stand him before but damn is he entertaining.

Wild Child and (as much as I hate to say it) Empath are dead weight and should be replaced (preferably by women) ASAP.
    I agree. The Mastermind sisters would be great here.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Because I'm a Transformers reader, I always find it amusing that, of all the names possible for a villain, Zeb somehow chose Tarn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMAO this has me dying cause i literally read that letter twice and was like "who wrote this." had to zoom all the way in and was like "lmao prodigy." lol.
    "Mr. Sinister and the Hellions were sent to Arrako to foil Saturnyne's Contest of Swords. This nowhere near happened." LMAOOOO Go Prodigy.

I'm dead because this was literally the sentiment we all shared.