Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default You think DC comics are are to much money

Do you read all the infinite frontier titles. Most of the dc titles are too high.Do everybody think the backups should have there one titles
    What do you think?

I think they're trying to stay in business. If they can pull it out like Marvel did years ago, they'll come out stronger on the other side. On a side note, I'm buying less DC comics than before IF, because there are less DC comics to buy. But the quality of the Infinite Frontier titles has been really great IMO. I've checked them all out and the only ones I didn't like were Suicide Squad (#1 was fine, #2 was just bad) and Superman/Action, which is a drag because I love following Superman.

All that said, although it's different for everybody, I'm spending less money on better comics.

I mean I’m deliberately trying to read a lot of titles that cost $4.99, and I’m surely not monthly reading Joker and Urban Legends which are more expensive then that.

That said by focusing on miniseries and smaller characters (or at least compared to Batman) then I’m pretty good. I’m reading Swamp Thing, Nightwing, Next Batman, Flash, Teen Titans Academy, Suicide Squad, and Green Lantern regularly. Hoping for Robin & Wonder Girl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've been buying less & less DC books for years.
    A $4.99 price point on all books would leave me buying a singe title.

BOOM! and Image are releasing incredible stuff and they're still a buck less (or more) per issue.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The cost of living keeps going up, sales stay level or decrease on the monthly titles and these creators need to pay their bills and be paid at a rate which keeps them engaged at creating company product instead of running off to indie stuff with the chance of a massive buyout from adaption money.

It's why video games are also employing more DLC of late: the price point of entry isn't changing but costs are rising so that tide needs to be met. Would I like them to be cheaper? Of course, but I understand why they aren't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I've been buying less & less DC books for years.
    A $4.99 price point on all books would leave me buying a singe title.

BOOM! and Image are releasing incredible stuff and they're still a buck less (or more) per issue.
    I miss their 2.99 phase during rebirth

I’m not willing to pay DC’s prices given the quality of their stories. Like Married Guy said, there are other publishers putting out way better stuff for the same price or cheaper. Stuff like Minky Woodcock. And Peter Milligan’s got Out of Body coming out on Aftershock and it has early 90s Vertigo vibes.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I remember when the *premium* titles were $1.75.

Now excuse me while I go change the tennis balls on my walker...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    . . . Now excuse me while I go change the tennis balls on my walker...
    I wonder how many people understand / identify with that comment?

NOTE: Yes, I understand it completely.

Extraordinary Member

Of course the obvious answer is make books cheaper, but it is what it is.

I have long been a fan of the back up story if a title needs to sell for a buck more. DC did the same thing with New 52.

Although I am only buying one DC book that is $4.99 and the rest are still $3.99, so on one hand I am not impacted by the cost, but on the other hand I am still reading 'cheap' DC books.

$4.99 with a back up is better than twice a month, the double shipping did way more damage to my DC reading than anything ever has. I have not counted every page, but I think Batman #107 had 30 story pages? That is an extra half a comic for $1. Just wait until DC pulls a Marvel and drops the backups and keeps the $4.99 and tells us the readers asked them to do it.

I haven't bought a floppy in years. I rather buy trades online after sampling them digitally.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Just wait until DC pulls a Marvel and drops the backups and keeps the $4.99 and tells us the readers asked them to do it.
    Oh, it's right around the corner I'm sure...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yes, comics are no longer something an 11 or 12 year old can spend their money on and get a lot in return.

If your parents only give you $10/$15 in allowance a week, your not going to be able to go out and buy 8 to 10 comic books...your lucky to get 3.

High prices is one of the reasons the comic demographic is most likely aging and getting older and older.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I miss their 2.99 phase during rebirth
    Me too mate.

$4.99 means I'm shelling out $10.00 AUS per issue. It's hard to justify that.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I think comics in general are overpriced for what you're getting, it should be 2.99 for floppies and 1.99 for digital.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8