Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    11,458

    Default Thanos and army (Avengers Endgame) vs Middle Earth............

    The Quantum Realm spits Thanos and his ship out in the wrong place. Mainly, Middle-Earth circa the First Age.


    Unable to leave the planet (reasons) Thanos and his forces must instead of facing the Avengers and allies, face the entire armies of every First Age Elf, Dwarf, Human, and other allies (Eagles, etc......)


    What happens?

    Bonus round: Thanos and his army face Morgoth/Melkor, Sauron, and all their hordes instead.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #2
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    At the very least, the Valar should wreck Thanos' shit, and I doubt they're going to sit it out when actual canon aliens invade

    I can't remember the rest well enough to say much.

    If the MCU guys win the second scenario, Sauron is going to have an absolute field day manipulating movie Thanos. He's just about everything the Enemy could want in a dumbass king. He might give himself away by salivating too much at the prospect.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-10-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

    Forever
    Wherever

  3. #3
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    I kind of just want to see Elrond’s dad shooting lasers from his flying swan boat at the space whales and the like, flanked by those massive Eagles.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #4
    Incredible Member Harbinger19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    KY, US
    Posts
    539

    Default

    The purple skinned Titan surveyed the twilit fields as rockets and artillery shells rained down among the approaching Orcish hordes. “The swarming masses...driven by will greater than their own.” A wry smile spread across his face. “Will confined to a single world...how
    small they are.”

    At that moment a tempest of fire and lightning came roiling over the horizon. The Black Order, standing by their fearsome leader, lived up to their name as they became shrouded in a darkness that blocked out the sun.

    Ancalagon swept down on Sanctuary II and his coming was like a volcanic tide over fallen leaves.

    He fell upon the spacefaring vessel and smote it into the earth so that all the land for a hundred leagues surrounding shattered and great seas poured in and flooded that section of Beleriand. The Noldorin Exiles who heard tidings from the Eagles called that brief battle the Risrimbe—the Cloven Host—after the army that fell there.

    Thus died Mighty Thanos, the Mad Titan. And on his dark throne watching from afar, Morgoth Bauglir smiled.

    In after days Maglor son of Feanor of the House of Finwe made a song called “The Woeful Endgame,” and he taught it to none of the Children of Illuvatar, but it is said in the Red Book of the Westmarch that the Ents brought the song east of the Misty Mountains and it was sung in Elrond’s house in ages beyond.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 04-12-2021 at 11:17 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

    "This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

    "I will kill, I will let live..."

    --Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

  5. #5
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    The purple skinned Titan surveyed the twilit fields as rockets and artillery shells rained down among the approaching Orcish hordes. “The swarming masses...driven by will greater than their own.” A wry smile spread across his face. “Will confined to a single world...how
    small they are.”

    At that moment a tempest of fire and lightning came roiling over the horizon. The Black Order, standing by their fearsome leader, lived up to their name as they became shrouded in a darkness that blocked out the sun.

    Ancalagon swept down on Sanctuary II and his coming was like a volcanic tide over fallen leaves.

    He fell upon the spacefaring vessel and smote it into the earth so that all the land for a hundred leagues surrounding shattered and great seas poured in and flooded that section of Beleriand. The Noldorin Exiles who heard tidings from the Eagles called that brief battle the Risrimbe—the Cloven Host—after the army that fell there.

    Thus died Mighty Thanos, the Mad Titan. And on his dark throne watching from afar, Morgoth Bauglir smiled.

    In after days Maglor son of Feanor of the House of Finwe made a song called “The Woeful Endgame,” and he taught it to none of the Children of Illuvatar, but it is said in the Red Book of the Westmarch that the Ents brought the song east of the Misty Mountains and it was sung in Elrond’s house in ages beyond.
    ...I have zero to add.

    Nice. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  6. #6
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Very well done.

    I did wonder about Ancalagon and if his size would be enough alone.


    Hmm, what of the first scenario though? No mountain sized dragon on their side.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #7
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,619

    Default

    It's a scenario taking place on Arda. As noted by Bitvyper, the Valar aren't going to sit still for that one.

    Especially since they can casually stomp all over Thanos's army without threatening to destroy continents and the like.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  8. #8
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,386

    Default

    Dunno how accurate it'd be, but I want to see Tulkas suplex Thanos.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  9. #9
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Dunno how accurate it'd be, but I want to see Tulkas suplex Thanos.
    He'd probably have to limit himself to human size. Which...really wouldn't WEAKEN him or anything.

    Which means he totally suplexes Thanos, creating a giant crater hundreds of feet wide and leaving the would-be destroyer completely crushed.

    [The Other Valar] *give Tulkas the sidelong glare*

    [Tulkas] What? I held back. A lot!

    [AulŽ] *pulls out equipment* Next time, more.

    [Tulkas] *gestures* The mountain range is still standing!
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  10. #10
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    He'd probably have to limit himself to human size. Which...really wouldn't WEAKEN him or anything.

    Which means he totally suplexes Thanos, creating a giant crater hundreds of feet wide and leaving the would-be destroyer completely crushed.

    [The Other Valar] *give Tulkas the sidelong glare*

    [Tulkas] What? I held back. A lot!

    [AulŽ] *pulls out equipment* Next time, more.

    [Tulkas] *gestures* The mountain range is still standing!
    Perfect.

    You know... Tulkas probably gets along pretty well with Drax, too.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #11
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Perfect.

    You know... Tulkas probably gets along pretty well with Drax, too.
    Would tend to agree. Or Thor.

    Mind, he'd think Drax was a little bit dim (though not in a put-down way, just 'oh, gotta be careful how I talk to this dude'). Tulkas gets the rep for being the most 'simple' of the Valar/Aratar, but that's by comparison I feel, and only because he's very straightforward in his lines of thinking ('line of thought', more like). ^_^

    However, being a decent, relaxed fellow who likes to party, I figure he'd do okay with Drax.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  12. #12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,619

    Default

    In order to NOT make this some kind of absolute stomp against Thanos' people, I would suspect it would take something like 'No Valar, no Maiar', which isn't really fair because we end up with Doriath being deprived of Melian, who was a resident through most of the First Age.

    Even then we have people/beings like Lķthien. Huan (arguably Maia, but holding to a single Fana). The Eagles, who - along with Ešrendil - put down a host of dragons. Etc.

    ...does this include Ešrendil and his SDF Main Reflex Silmaril?
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  13. #13
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In order to NOT make this some kind of absolute stomp against Thanos' people, I would suspect it would take something like 'No Valar, no Maiar', which isn't really fair because we end up with Doriath being deprived of Melian, who was a resident through most of the First Age.

    Even then we have people/beings like Lķthien. Huan (arguably Maia, but holding to a single Fana). The Eagles, who - along with Ešrendil - put down a host of dragons. Etc.

    ...does this include Ešrendil and his SDF Main Reflex Silmaril?
    The intention was no gods/Valar, but yes, Ešrendil was included.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #14
    Amazing Member Muadib's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Can we spot Thanos a gem or two to even the odds?

  15. #15
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    11,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Can we spot Thanos a gem or two to even the odds?
    Take your pick. We can run a scenario with each or a combo.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •