Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default MURDER MOST COSMIC: Jason Aaron Examines "Original Sin" #7

CBR's series of post-game chats about Marvel's "Original Sin" continues as writer Jason Aaron provides insight into the twists and turns of issue #7.

Full article here.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

the last part sounds like there will be a huge "epilogue"
    that's never good, they end up feeling like the story couldn't set up what's coming next and they had to use an epilogue...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I'm still trying to figure out what Fury did that was so wrong

This period of ANMN and OS sounds like an eye opening exercise for Captain America. Firstly, Steve is confronted with the reformation of the Illuminati and he realises he is being marginalised in that. Then Steve learns Fury has been the Man on the Wall this whole time, and Steve is marginalised about that too. Are we going to be seeing Steve Rogers being introduced to becoming compromised, like the Illuminati and the Unseen? That is, will Steve start to want to get involved with these seedy sides of the MU he would never allow himself to do? Will Steve Rogers be starting to step over the line?

Also, the discussion with Jason Aaron didn't touch on what Fury said to Tony Stark that made him head back to Earth. There was plenty to say about what Fury whispered to Thor and that this is the moment that Thor becomes unworthy for the hammer. But nothing about what Fury did to Iron Man. I like that a normal human like Fury has kill switches for all the super heroes. It makes you realise that as much as the super heroes think they are in charge of things, somebody, somewhere has the means to totally shut down their whole operation. It's a chilling revelation.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-25-2014 at 05:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mfactor View Post
    I'm not sure it's that he did something wrong as it is they are retconing him to be some sort of Superman, having an unseen part in everything that happens in the mu. At the same time this is the guy who didn't realize his organization was being run by HYDRA and other things.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm not sure it's that he did something wrong as it is they are retconing him to be some sort of Superman, having an unseen part in everything that happens in the mu. At the same time this is the guy who didn't realize his organization was being run by HYDRA and other things.
    mmmmm i think you may be confusing the comic with the Cinematic Universe...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    mmmmm i think you may be confusing the comic with the Cinematic Universe...
    Before i gave up on Secret Warriors, one of the last page reveals was that SHIELD was just another subgroup of HYDRA.

But back to the 'story', why hasn't anyone questioned whether old coot Fury is an LMD or not?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Before i gave up on Secret Warriors, one of the last page reveals was that SHIELD was just another subgroup of HYDRA.
    If you and Mark had finished the story, you would have seen that Fury was really aware and in control the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by mfactor View Post
    He was an interstellar terrorists that if caught would have given many places ample justification to wipe the earth out of existence since we were waging war on them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Also, the discussion with Jason Aaron didn't touch on what Fury said to Tony Stark that made him head back to Earth. There was plenty to say about what Fury whispered to Thor and that this is the moment that Thor becomes unworthy for the hammer. But nothing about what Fury did to Iron Man.
    Fury overrode Tony's armor with a code. The armor then flew back to Earth on its own, against Tony's will.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Fury overrode Tony's armor with a code. The armor then flew back to Earth on its own, against Tony's will.
    I think you just keyed onto what *actually* happened to Mjolnir and Thor. My suspicion is that Fury's whisper didn't do *anything* to Thor. He just turned Mjolnir "off".

-Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That would have been a very humorous moment, in that case. If Tonys enemies ever got this code, it would be a disaster. It just shows you how Fury can hack into any data base or private computer anywhere in the world. He's worse than the NSA.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-25-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justice~! View Post
    I think you just keyed onto what *actually* happened to Mjolnir and Thor. My suspicion is that Fury's whisper didn't do *anything* to Thor. He just turned Mjolnir "off".

-Justice
    Like, there was a magical incantation Fury could recite, and the part where Thor is detected as worthy, is turned off? Mjolnir is reset to not recognize Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Reverse to that.

spoilers:
    it turns out Fury had been monitoring Hydra this whole time and Strucker was in fact working for Fury, unknowingly.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

I don't like any of this.

Btw, is there something that Fury can whisper to Logan, that will cause his claws to come out his ears? That would be almost as comical, as the Orb sometimes looks.