Incredible Member

Default Mike Grell independent work

Besides his mainstream work, Grell did projects at independent publishers. I remember Shaman’s Tears and Jon Sable.

What others are there? Collected editions??

^^^This started out at Pacific Comics then moved over to First Comics.

Ultimate Member

I'm slowly hunting down Shaman's Tears. It seems like it got some hype when it was released but folks don't talk about it much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm slowly hunting down Shaman's Tears. It seems like it got some hype when it was released but folks don't talk about it much these days.
    I remember reading a few issues, but it didn’t hold my interest other than the art.

Not sure if it counts, but he did some James Bond work for Eclipse: The License to Kill Adaptation and the original story Permission to Die.

I've read the LTK adaptation. It's pretty true to the movie, but apparently because of issues over Timothy Dalton's likeness, so he sort of drew the sort of drew a Bond not based on any particular actor but with the face scar from the novels.

Looks like this continued with another Dalton film-looking at some of the Rockeeteer movie adaptation they sort of went with a generic mustached guy.

Makes me wonder if Dalton would object to Alex Ross and ASM-era Mike Deodato clearing basing their Tony Stark on his face......
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Grell's James Bond work is decent. Not nearly as good as the current Dynamite stuff, but worth a read
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”