Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So grabbed this for the Oracle story. Loved it! This is what I’ve been begging to see with Oracle for a very long time. Art was fantastic, the vision of Oracle was new, modern, and incorporated today’s trends, and the story itself was unique and different from a typical Bat member beat up the bad guy and save the day adventure. I can not express how much I enjoyed this story. It needs not to be overlooked. This is what we need more of with Oracle.

While I was at it I checked out the other stories too. That Red Hood story grabbed me. That’s the kind of ideas I’m interested in seeing explored with Red Hood. That’s the Red Hood I like. Not the glorified bro, but the flawed human that explores the kind of issues and realities the others don’t.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Maybe Cecil can use her story TO wrap up babs dating Jason bard, since she decided to end that run with them in a relationship together..
    No mention of Bard, strongly implied she and Dick are hooking up.

Regarding the second issue of "Cheer". Except for Jason lashing out at Bruce because some emotional meltdown that I can understand but I don't know, I feel it was sort of forced (artstyle didn't help at all), I liked this second issue a lot. It was well written and the whole issue was actually a very enjoyable one; I found myself thinking the time reading it passed too fast. I also can say that I wasn't expecting Batman being that much like the Batman that I do like, so that's a positive point for this issue: it didn't make me be mad at Bruce. I think it also make me sympathise for Jason a lot, so... Well, as I said, it was well done. Balanced. Touching and emotional too.

Grifter's story continues to be a fun read. Damn, DC; give Rosenberg a series or something.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-13-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

It's too soon to judge the Red Hood story. But I like how empathic Jason is and I love the scenes with him and Tyler. I completely dislike Bruce though. He's a judgemental assh*le who feels more like the tyrant of Gotham than her protector.

The art for the Oracle story is gorgeous. But the villain doesn't appeal to me. The whole atmosphere gives me "Totally Spies!" vibes. I would have preferred it to be a little more serious and for Barbara to act "older".

I'm still not feeling the Outsiders story. But I'm also still on the fence about the Black Lightning/Katana friendship/romance/will-they-won't-they situation.

Grifter is nice but I'll have to reread the first issue. I think I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No mention of Bard, strongly implied she and Dick are hooking up.
    Thank goodness .

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's too soon to judge the Red Hood story. But I like how empathic Jason is and I love the scenes with him and Tyler. I completely dislike Bruce though. He's a judgemental assh*le who feels more like the tyrant of Gotham than her protector.

The art for the Oracle story is gorgeous. But the villain doesn't appeal to me. The whole atmosphere gives me "Totally Spies!" vibes. I would have preferred it to be a little more serious and for Barbara to act "older".

I'm still not feeling the Outsiders story. But I'm also still on the fence about the Black Lightning/Katana friendship/romance/will-they-won't-they situation.

Grifter is nice but I'll have to reread the first issue. I think I missed something.
    Not gonna lie, caught a bunch of episodes of Totally Spies reruns last year and fell in love with that cartoon.

Only here for Jason's story ngl.
    Loved that he wants to save the kid, because Jason was once in his shoes.
    Now, however, he doesn't want the kid to end up like him, but the thing his parents are effed up as well which means Jason has no choice but to adopt the kid.
    If that happens, I'm sure Jason will take care of him with love and understand the kid, unlike Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Only here for Jason's story ngl.
    Loved that he wants to save the kid, because Jason was once in his shoes.
    Now, however, he doesn't want the kid to end up like him, but the thing his parents are effed up as well which means Jason has no choice but to adopt the kid.
    If that happens, I'm sure Jason will take care of him with love and understand the kid, unlike Bruce.
    I'm guessing the mother will survive, to be honest. Maybe not by the end of the story, but I doubt that the kid is going to end with either Jason or Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He isn't currently dating either of them, there is nothing official with Babs yet, despite the weird marriage in Death Metal.
    Didn't they also get married in Convergence?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm guessing the mother will survive, to be honest. Maybe not by the end of the story, but I doubt that the kid is going to end with either Jason or Bruce.
    That makes sense. Either that or he'll be adopted by another family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Didn't they also get married in Convergence?
    In one story. In another, it was Dick and Starfire.

Astonishing Member

I’m of the thought that Jason probably needs to find out what happened to Sasha before he goes adopting more kids

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m of the thought that Jason probably needs to find out what happened to Sasha before he goes adopting more kids
    For that, writers would need to acknowledge Morrisons era happened for Jason, and that hasn't happened yet. Also, even if the characters do remember it, it was a different continuiry. And then, didn't she leave masked stuff behind?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    For that, writers would need to acknowledge Morrisons era happened for Jason, and that hasn't happened yet. Also, even if the characters do remember it, it was a different continuiry. And then, didn't she leave masked stuff behind?
    I was more thinking making sure she’s safe wherever she ended up than recruiting her back

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    He's last seen with her flying into the night so he'd have known what happened to her