Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Urban Legends #2 Preview

Batman: Urban Legends #2 Preview (Red Hood)
    Writers: Chip Zdarsky, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Thomas, Matthew Rosenburg
    Artists: Eddy Barrows, Marguerite Sauvage, Max Dunbar, Ryan Benjamin

When was the last time we saw Jason's mom?

I really hope Castellucci doesn't bring Jason Bard back for this Oracle story...

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time we saw Jason's mom?

I really hope Castellucci doesn't bring Jason Bard back for this Oracle story...
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #23, released in June 2018. I'm not sure but I think that's her only Rebirth appearance.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Maybe Cecil can use her story TO wrap up babs dating Jason bard, since she decided to end that run with them in a relationship together..
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-11-2021 at 12:11 PM.

That needs to be wrapped up, as it looks like she's back with Dick in his solo book... despite the fact he's dating Starfire over in Teen Titans (learn to communicate, writers!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That needs to be wrapped up, as it looks like she's back with Dick in his solo book... despite the fact he's dating Starfire over in Teen Titans (learn to communicate, writers!).
    He isn't currently dating either of them, there is nothing official with Babs yet, despite the weird marriage in Death Metal.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He isn't currently dating either of them, there is nothing official with Babs yet, despite the weird marriage in Death Metal.
    Zdarksy is awesome. He’ll do Red Hood wonders. Now if only DC would give him the Red Hood solo...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Zdarksy is awesome. He’ll do Red Hood wonders. Now if only DC would give him the Red Hood solo...
    Zdarsky already said on Twitter he has no plans for Jason after this.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Zdarsky already said on Twitter he has no plans for Jason after this.
    I know. But DC has to offer him the job. Would bet that DC is stupid enough to not even propose him the gig.

Extraordinary Member

Art by Marguerite Sauvage from the Oracle story:

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I'm going to quote myself from the Jason Todd thread and keep in mind I only read those stories and completely skipped the rest since I don't care for the others.

I just read issue #2

Zdarsky's Jason is just pathetic, probably the most pitiful version I've ever seen of this character. Jason is a nervous wreck that is just a kid playing to be an adult, with none of the maturity, experience, or development he has shown freaking everywhere else; completely defined by his relationship with Bruce as if he was never able to step out from his shadow and become his own man. As the preview and the leaked page implied, Jason's thoroughly convinced he's a failure, a broken man that never had a chance to be anything else, and that belief is making him lash out and continue to act like an idiot.

At least Bruce got to have a legitimately cool moment.

Oh, Jason does have a brief appearance in the Grifter story and even though he gets used to prop up Cole in a fight, he does act a lot more in character than in his own story. At least he's not second-guessing himself every five seconds.

I'm only reading this for the Outsiders, tho I did skim the Oracle story and that looked interesting. Was Katana's mother in law always a sorceress? I didn't know that. I also didn't expect Thomas to continue the Black Lightning and Katana implied relationship. I'm enjoying the story so far, tho I wish it was expanded. would've preferred this storyline over the Batman vs Ras proxy war we got in the Outsiders book.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm going to quote myself from the Jason Todd thread and keep in mind I only read those stories and completely skipped the rest since I don't care for the others.
    That's too bad .

Incredible Member

The way Batgirl is presented here with her cybernetics woven in her clothes-a track suit with a hoodie is the way I'm sure many fans of Cyborg want him to be presented. She's now a cyborg. And Gotham is a cyborg in a city a cyborg urbanization.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    The way Batgirl is presented here with her cybernetics woven in her clothes-a track suit with a hoodie is the way I'm sure many fans of Cyborg want him to be presented. She's now a cyborg. And Gotham is a cyborg in a city a cyborg urbanization.
    I don't know if it's quite the same thing but I guess it captures an on-the-go Oracle.