Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Batman: Urban Legends #2 Preview

    Batman: Urban Legends #2 Preview (Red Hood)
    Writers: Chip Zdarsky, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Thomas, Matthew Rosenburg
    Artists: Eddy Barrows, Marguerite Sauvage, Max Dunbar, Ryan Benjamin




  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,621

    Default

    When was the last time we saw Jason's mom?

    I really hope Castellucci doesn't bring Jason Bard back for this Oracle story...

  3. #3
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time we saw Jason's mom?

    I really hope Castellucci doesn't bring Jason Bard back for this Oracle story...
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #23, released in June 2018. I'm not sure but I think that's her only Rebirth appearance.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,175

    Default

    Maybe Cecil can use her story TO wrap up babs dating Jason bard, since she decided to end that run with them in a relationship together..
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-11-2021 at 12:11 PM.

  5. #5
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,214

    Default

    That needs to be wrapped up, as it looks like she's back with Dick in his solo book... despite the fact he's dating Starfire over in Teen Titans (learn to communicate, writers!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That needs to be wrapped up, as it looks like she's back with Dick in his solo book... despite the fact he's dating Starfire over in Teen Titans (learn to communicate, writers!).
    He isn't currently dating either of them, there is nothing official with Babs yet, despite the weird marriage in Death Metal.

  7. #7
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He isn't currently dating either of them, there is nothing official with Babs yet, despite the weird marriage in Death Metal.
    Zdarksy is awesome. He’ll do Red Hood wonders. Now if only DC would give him the Red Hood solo...

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Zdarksy is awesome. He’ll do Red Hood wonders. Now if only DC would give him the Red Hood solo...
    Zdarsky already said on Twitter he has no plans for Jason after this.

  9. #9
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Zdarsky already said on Twitter he has no plans for Jason after this.
    I know. But DC has to offer him the job. Would bet that DC is stupid enough to not even propose him the gig.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Art by Marguerite Sauvage from the Oracle story:




  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,148

    Default

    I'm going to quote myself from the Jason Todd thread and keep in mind I only read those stories and completely skipped the rest since I don't care for the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I just read issue #2

    Zdarsky's Jason is just pathetic, probably the most pitiful version I've ever seen of this character. Jason is a nervous wreck that is just a kid playing to be an adult, with none of the maturity, experience, or development he has shown freaking everywhere else; completely defined by his relationship with Bruce as if he was never able to step out from his shadow and become his own man. As the preview and the leaked page implied, Jason's thoroughly convinced he's a failure, a broken man that never had a chance to be anything else, and that belief is making him lash out and continue to act like an idiot.

    At least Bruce got to have a legitimately cool moment.

    Oh, Jason does have a brief appearance in the Grifter story and even though he gets used to prop up Cole in a fight, he does act a lot more in character than in his own story. At least he's not second-guessing himself every five seconds.

  12. #12
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    4,428

    Default

    I'm only reading this for the Outsiders, tho I did skim the Oracle story and that looked interesting. Was Katana's mother in law always a sorceress? I didn't know that. I also didn't expect Thomas to continue the Black Lightning and Katana implied relationship. I'm enjoying the story so far, tho I wish it was expanded. would've preferred this storyline over the Batman vs Ras proxy war we got in the Outsiders book.
    SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist! his fandom wikia
    I support militant Professor X
    • Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Solo Leveling, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    • DC: Other History of DC, Second Son, Gotham: Urban Legends, FS Gotham
    • Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Black Panther, X-books
    • Anticipated titles: MrM Source of Freedom, Static*, Hardware*, Naomi s2
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm going to quote myself from the Jason Todd thread and keep in mind I only read those stories and completely skipped the rest since I don't care for the others.
    That's too bad .

  14. #14
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    91

    Default

    The way Batgirl is presented here with her cybernetics woven in her clothes-a track suit with a hoodie is the way I'm sure many fans of Cyborg want him to be presented. She's now a cyborg. And Gotham is a cyborg in a city a cyborg urbanization.

  15. #15
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    The way Batgirl is presented here with her cybernetics woven in her clothes-a track suit with a hoodie is the way I'm sure many fans of Cyborg want him to be presented. She's now a cyborg. And Gotham is a cyborg in a city a cyborg urbanization.
    I don't know if it's quite the same thing but I guess it captures an on-the-go Oracle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •