Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

DC comics only chart
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2021-03DC.html
    Now i know why Catwoman books use so many Bat rogues.

I don't know about Catwoman, but considering they never even promoted The Green Lantern and practically forgot that book was even a thing, I'm kind of surprised it's not even lower than it is. They did one interview with Morrison before the start of the second season and that was it. I can't recall when was the last time DC even shared a preview about that book. Considering their current management all but acts like the main character of that book doesn't even exist, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but DC should get their act together when it comes to the promotion of some of their "lesser" brands.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-22-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    That explains why "Power of X/House of X" limited series works so well and sell like hotcakes?
    HoXPoX was basically Rebirth in the sense that word of mouth drove sales more than anything. Marvel put so much hype into that relaunch and retailers still underordered and readers did not preorder. Readers had to come in after it released asking for copies because it turned out good, and like Rebirth it was not just X-Men fans giving it another shot, the buzz brought in a bunch of new readers (the ones who would not have any reasons to have felt burnt on, well whatever it is you think people hate, maybe Disassembled/Age of Nate?)

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    HoXPoX was basically Rebirth in the sense that word of mouth drove sales more than anything. Marvel put so much hype into that relaunch and retailers still underordered and readers did not preorder. Readers had to come in after it released asking for copies because it turned out good, and like Rebirth it was not just X-Men fans giving it another shot, the buzz brought in a bunch of new readers (the ones who would not have any reasons to have felt burnt on, well whatever it is you think people hate, maybe Disassembled/Age of Nate?)
    This. Also Hickman is a huge name, one of the few who gets people interested in a book just because he’s on it, and X-fans HATED the last few years of X-comics and were dying for a status quo shakeup. They were primed for someone like Hickman to come along and flip the game board over. In contrast Williamson is building off of Death Metal and DC hasn’t undergone quite the same type of radical shake up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The flip side of "everything counts" idea is that the things you really hate also "count".

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Ugh. By then we'll have 100 new characters and zero plot progression. He's already introduced 13 new characters over 21 issues.
    As much as I don't dig this run its still a reprieve from Tom king so I've learned to be careful what I wish for and to also see the silver lining.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Hickman bought back a LOT of long dead characters. One of those guys is now on the main X-Men team. He also put out a rule (later broken by Children of the Atom) no new characters use who we have.

Rebirth did not do that aside from Wally West and we saw how that went.

And what retailers under ordered HOXPOX? We got stores here that will have ZERO issue giving you complete runs with any variant cover that you want.

X-fans HATED the last few years of X-comics and were dying for a status quo shakeup.
    Too bad the Inhuman fanbase instead of Marvel offices took the brunt of the hate. Along with Wanda.

To stop bad storylines-you have to stop buying the books. However that is hard to do when some stores have zero issues ordering certain titles that have negative reactions. Especially when variants are used as Black Panther proved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And what retailers under ordered HOXPOX? We got stores here that will have ZERO issue giving you complete runs with any variant cover that you want.
    The store(s) you have in your area are not representative of the of the roughly 2000+ other stores across the country.

HoXPoX had a weird trend, where even with all the variants, there were around 30,000 reorders or additional printings of each #1. #2 dropped a lot (about 80,000 initial sales, but getting around 20,000 reorders/additional printings), but each issue after that goes back to up to where #6 is almost as high as #1.

Then the debut issue X-Men #1 absolutely eclipses House of X #1 in initial and total orders, because retailers saw demand.

(And, of course, none of these numbers reflect sales to customers or really tell the story of how much variants play a factor)

Now, some of your points are legit but those are more about whether people are sticking with the X-Men books after the event and how it might affect the way they look back on this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    As much as I don't dig this run its still a reprieve from Tom king so I've learned to be careful what I wish for and to also see the silver lining.
    Different strokes. I felt King was not only a welcome relief from Snyder, but my favorite Batman run of all time. Tynion's Detective was wonderful but his Batman feels like a movie that's designed to sell toys--he's averaging more than 1 new character every 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Maybe you ought to hit pause on that laughter and consider is it injecting manga or is it Batman and Joker? Tynion has done other Titles without Batman and Joker in the title. Those are a better reflection of his true selling power.

Also how can you say any of this without numbers to compare to his past Batman peers without the manga injection.
    The main Batman title always sells regardless and Joker is one of DC's juggernaut's. Batman, Joker and Harley right now are among the hottest thing's in comics.
    It's definitely Batman and Joker, if it was really "injecting manga" you would see more anime spaces online talking about Tynion's run.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Teen Titans Academy is doing pretty high for a book filled with new characters, is this the power of Red X's hype?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Teen Titans Academy is doing pretty high for a book filled with new characters, is this the power of Red X's hype?
    Isn't Dick in it?

That and a shiny "1rst Issue!" could have played a part.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't Dick in it?

Probably, it didn't feel like a first issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't Dick in it?

I would think Taylor on a non Ric Nightwing would rank higher, and I have no reason to think it did not since I think these numbers are bogus. But TTA did have a lot of hype for Red X (cover appearance), but also all the different Titans and who knows what for new characters.

Its a Batman Joker and Harley trinity for now