Default Every issue of Daily Bugle featured

I wonder if it is possible to compile every single issue of Daily Bugle ever seen (comic, cartoon etc.)? Preferably in chronological order.

For example, the first appearance of Daily Bugle:
    20210411_222556.jpg

It would be possible, but it would take a lot of work.

Astonishing Member

I’d estimate the Daily Bugle features in about 80% of Spidey issues/stories ever published (there are some periods when Pete works somewhere else, like Parker Industries, Midtown High, Tri-Corp, but even then it sometimes appears in subplots). Plus, you get into the thorny issue of whether stuff like the DB (remember Dexter Bennett?) counts. Or one panel background shots of Peter swinging past the Daily Bugle building. Or whether JJJ removed from the Daily Bugle building should count since he’s such an essential part of it. So yeah, it’d be a Herculean task and maybe not even possible as it might invite a lot of debate about what counts and what doesn’t.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 04-11-2021 at 03:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’d estimate the Daily Bugle features in about 80% of Spidey issues/stories ever published (there are some periods when Pete works somewhere else, like Parker Industries, Midtown High, Tri-Corp, but even then it sometimes appears in subplots).
    The Daily Bugle appears in Daredevil comics, as well as FF, and other Marvel Universe comics, not to mention Alias and The Pulse which features a character working there.

So yeah, it’d be a Herculean task and maybe not even possible as it might invite a lot of debate about what counts and what doesn’t.
    It would be easier to do it by subtraction, trying to find periods where the Daily Bugle didn't figure so heavily. The Bugle was absent in JMS' run for instance. It appeared in the satellites and Civil War and tie-ins but it didn't feature in that period. The big Daily Bugle-related subplot happened in the opening pages of THE PULSE by Bendis.

In BND, the Bugle and Jameson came back to center-stage but at the same time status-quo shuffled separated Jameson from the Bugle and made him Mayor. Then Slott's Big Time had Peter work in horizon. In the BND era, the big Daily Bugle story involved Norah Winters in Kelly Sue DeConnick's OSBORN miniseries.

Then Jameson as Mayor and so on became a running thing for most of Slott's run into Superior. And Jameson didn't become important until Chip Zdarsky came along and made him a co-protagonist with Peter of his Spectacular run. And Zdarsky's Jameson has been the character on the books since then, both in Slott's last story (Go Down Swinging) and Spencer's run.

So I would say that the bulk of the Bugle's prominent period would be from AF#15 to sometime before the Clone Saga. Jameson and the Bugle showed up in the Clone Saga era but since so much of that plot revolved around clones, around Ben Reilly, and about arcane crap owing to so many people knowing Peter's identity, you didn't have much or any room for Peter/Spider-Man to be involved with the Bugle. The Post-Clone Saga era had Identity Crisis which was a cool story with Osborn owning the Bugle but then you didn't have much after that.

I meant every fictional issue of the Daily Bugle newspaper we've ever seen, to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Daily Bugle appears in Daredevil comics, as well as FF, and other Marvel Universe comics, not to mention Alias and The Pulse which features a character working there.

It would be easier to do it by subtraction, trying to find periods where the Daily Bugle didn't figure so heavily. The Bugle was absent in JMS' run for instance. It appeared in the satellites and Civil War and tie-ins but it didn't feature in that period. The big Daily Bugle-related subplot happened in the opening pages of THE PULSE by Bendis.

In BND, the Bugle and Jameson came back to center-stage but at the same time status-quo shuffled separated Jameson from the Bugle and made him Mayor. Then Slott's Big Time had Peter work in horizon. In the BND era, the big Daily Bugle story involved Norah Winters in Kelly Sue DeConnick's OSBORN miniseries.

Then Jameson as Mayor and so on became a running thing for most of Slott's run into Superior. And Jameson didn't become important until Chip Zdarsky came along and made him a co-protagonist with Peter of his Spectacular run. And Zdarsky's Jameson has been the character on the books since then, both in Slott's last story (Go Down Swinging) and Spencer's run.

So I would say that the bulk of the Bugle's prominent period would be from AF#15 to sometime before the Clone Saga. Jameson and the Bugle showed up in the Clone Saga era but since so much of that plot revolved around clones, around Ben Reilly, and about arcane crap owing to so many people knowing Peter's identity, you didn't have much or any room for Peter/Spider-Man to be involved with the Bugle. The Post-Clone Saga era had Identity Crisis which was a cool story with Osborn owning the Bugle but then you didn't have much after that.
    Before Spectacular, Jameson had been part of the supporting cast in Silk, as Cindy's boss at the Fact Channel (he's also in the new Silk series, where he hires her for Threats and Menaces). Wasn't Jameson working at Fact Channel already established in ASM?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Before Spectacular, Jameson had been part of the supporting cast in Silk, as Cindy's boss at the Fact Channel (he's also in the new Silk series, where he hires her for Threats and Menaces). Wasn't Jameson working at Fact Channel already established in ASM?
    Yes, and then Clone Conspiracy ruined it, like so many other things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to compile every single issue of Daily Bugle ever seen (comic, cartoon etc.)? Preferably in chronological order.

For example, the first appearance of Daily Bugle:
    20210411_222556.jpg
    ^^^I would LOVE to see The Bugle compiled like that!!!

Here’s my contributions:

The Bugle was first ever seen in All-Winners Comics #11 December 1943...

...and again in Fantastic Four #2 September 1961...

...before Spidey debuted in Amazing Fantady #15 August 1962

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I would LOVE to see The Bugle compiled like that!!!

Here’s my contributions:

The Bugle was first ever seen in All-Winners Comics #11 December 1943...

...and again in Fantastic Four #2 September 1961...

...before Spidey debuted in Amazing Fantady #15 August 1962
    I was hoping someone would point out that the Daily Bugle is older than Spider-Man.

I think the only real way to narrow this list down is basically start small...i.e. all of just ASM, that itself would be long and tedious but at least we can start from there and go higher.

I was hoping someone would point out that the Daily Bugle is older than Spider-Man.
    ^^^i didn’t even know that until I read this thread and Googled The Bugle. I enjoy finding out obscure trivia!

I think the only real way to narrow this list down is basically start small...i.e. all of just ASM, that itself would be long and tedious but at least we can start from there and go higher.
    ^^^Agreed.
    It’s a pretty daunting task!