View Poll Results: Who's your LEAST favorite WW character?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aleka

0 0%
  • The Dark Gods

0 0%
  • Derinoe

0 0%
  • Egg Fu

6 11.76%
  • Eirene (the god, not the minotaur)

0 0%
  • First Born

4 7.84%
  • Genocide

2 3.92%
  • Grail

2 3.92%
  • I-Ching

0 0%
  • Jason

10 19.61%
  • Liar Liar

8 15.69%
  • Maxwell Lord

6 11.76%
  • Tolifhar & the Gorilla Knights

1 1.96%
  • Zola

1 1.96%
  • OTHER

11 21.57%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not saying it's my perfect Diana, but WW84 and the current book by Cloonan and Conrad have tons of personality.
    WW84 was too messy for me. The current book is only a few issues in. So i can't judge it yet.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Her sword and shield. They're pretty much her supporting cast at this point so I say we count them.

Okay fine. Jason. He offers nothing of value and only makes the Amazons look worse, playing into the idea that they're misandrists. Anything substantial about Diana having a sibling oft overlooked is better handled by Nubia. Jason only does harm to everyone around.
    Gotta agree.

In theory I think the idea of Jason has potential... but there isn't a single writer who has found a way to not make him detestable.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Gotta agree.

In theory I think the idea of Jason has potential... but there isn't a single writer who has found a way to not make him detestable.
    Well in slight fairness, he had something of an uphill battle to begin with giving he was tied to the Zeus origin.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Currently? WW. Thank you dc. You have truly done it.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Currently? WW. Thank you dc. You have truly done it.
    Bro, please stop spamming that into every thread.

Fantastic Member

Azzarello WW in the 52!!

Extraordinary Member

The Kapetelli's. Like, why?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I used to not care for them since Perez focused mostly on them and pushed Steve and Etta to the backburner after changing their characters and roles (which made it easier for them to be dropped). But I've grown to like them a lot more after re-readings of the Perez run.

I think they make great additions to the core Man's World cast now along with Myndi, but I'd rather them share screen time with more classic renditions to Steve, Etta and maybe Darnell without shoving any of them into the background the way they did in early Post-Crisis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I used to not care for them since Perez focused mostly on them and pushed Steve and Etta to the backburner after changing their characters and roles (which made it easier for them to be dropped). But I've grown to like them a lot more after re-readings of the Perez run.

I think they make great additions to the core Man's World cast now along with Myndi, but I'd rather them share screen time with more classic renditions to Steve, Etta and maybe Darnell without shoving any of them into the background the way they did in early Post-Crisis.
    That are almost my thoughts about the Kapatelis too, except that i liked them before my re-reading already, just less.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I would say the same thing about the Sandsmarks...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I would say the same thing about the Sandsmarks...
    I really liked Julia and Cassie, but Helena and Vanessa I could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I really liked Julia and Cassie, but Helena and Vanessa I could do without.
    I found Julia and Helena to be analogous, which was annoying in its own right, because why replace one with a duplicate in glasses? And Cassie (at least under her creator Byrne) was an inverted, bratty Vanessa.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I remember Julia being the strong, level headed person whose daughter had these hidden insecurities while Helena was the meek, anxious woman with a hyperactive daughter. Though, now that I've written this out, I think Cassie and Vanessa might have some things to talk about.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Maxwell Lord, because I continue to find his heel turn incomprehensible. AFAIAC the DeMatteis/Giffen/Maguire.Hughes JLI books may be some of the best super-team ensemble writing DC has ever published, and only become poignant since DC has relentlessly tarnished their legacy and tried to poison that world with tedious grimdark. Nothing I remember from them suggested that Maxwell Lord would ever become so evil, or for that matter so powerful. As a Wonder Woman villain, he simply does not belong and I do not want him.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Maxwell Lord, because I continue to find his heel turn incomprehensible. AFAIAC the DeMatteis/Giffen/Maguire.Hughes JLI books may be some of the best super-team ensemble writing DC has ever published, and only become poignant since DC has relentlessly tarnished their legacy and tried to poison that world with tedious grimdark. Nothing I remember from them suggested that Maxwell Lord would ever become so evil, or for that matter so powerful. As a Wonder Woman villain, he simply does not belong and I do not want him.
    I gotta say I have all those JLI books too and Maxwell Lord becoming a villain isn't that big of a stretch. He was manipulative and unscrupulous from day one. We don't really need him around here though, we already have Dr. Psycho.