View Poll Results: Who's your LEAST favorite WW character?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aleka

0 0%
  • The Dark Gods

0 0%
  • Derinoe

0 0%
  • Egg Fu

6 11.76%
  • Eirene (the god, not the minotaur)

0 0%
  • First Born

4 7.84%
  • Genocide

2 3.92%
  • Grail

2 3.92%
  • I-Ching

0 0%
  • Jason

10 19.61%
  • Liar Liar

8 15.69%
  • Maxwell Lord

6 11.76%
  • Tolifhar & the Gorilla Knights

1 1.96%
  • Zola

1 1.96%
  • OTHER

11 21.57%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who's your LEAST favorite Wonder Woman character?

We always talk about everyone's favorite villain, amazon, god, etc., but who are some of your LEAST favorite characters that have appeared in the Wonder Woman series? Who do you hope we never have to suffer through a story arc again?

Obviously keep it civil.

The poll includes the most controversial and poorly-received characters (from what I personally have seen), but feel free to discuss any characters that you aren't fond of.

Jason is my least favorite character. There shouldn't be a male "Amazon", IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Max Lord or Jason, but I voted Max since the neck snap and Sacrifice/Infinite Crisis storyline did WW's character or book no favors at all and now with WW84 looks we're stuck with him. Never read Justice League: International and Max being there at all is a huge turnoff for me seeking it out.

Jason was a bad idea, executed badly, but seems atm to be heading the way of comic book purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Max Lord or Jason, but I voted Max since the neck snap and Sacrifice/Infinite Crisis storyline did WW's character or book no favors at all and now with WW84 looks we're stuck with him. Never read Justice League: International and Max being there at all is a huge turnoff for me seeking it out.

Jason was a bad idea, executed badly, but seems atm to be heading the way of comic book purgatory.
    Max is my second choice. You do, however, make a valid point Jason has done less harm to the franchise but, man, oh man, I detest the concept of Diana (and Nubia I guess) having a biological (for lack of a better term) bother.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Yes, of those listed it's definitely Jason or Max, but I went with Max because there are no signs he's going away anytime soon, whereas Jason might never be brought up again

I don't know if I have a least favourite. Whenever I read a bad WW comic, I just tend to move on. Maybe Lord because WW will never escape that stupid neck snap? But Lord was good in WW84 so...I don't think it can be him.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Max Lord for me.
    They had their moment, but he should be a Ted Kord villain.

Jason.

I don't hate Max Lord, I just hate how he became a Wonder Woman villain.

I mean, they got Pedro Pascal to play him in the movie, I can't hate movie Max.

I'd rank 'em (from worst to... least worst):

1. Egg Fu - racist **** like this just shouldn't fly, and the fact that he hasn't been left in limbo and continues to appear is really troubling.

2. Jason - The idea of a male Wonder is great, but the execution is atrocious with the outdated "long lost twin" trope. A younger brother would've been better, but they felt they need to put him on equal footing with Diana for reasons that I can only imagine are misogynistic.

3. Maxwell Lord - I hate anytime creators or DC shoehorns characters in our faces. We get it, she snapped his neck. Move on.

4. First Born - He wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have to sit through a year or more of a storyline. A character who bangs hyenas is gross and not suitable for the Wonderverse.

5. Liar Liar - Generic as hell.

6. Zola - A plot device, not a character.

7. Eirene - I'm not a huge Azzarello fan but for Finch to come along and completely undo any of the story elements that he had used, such as the deaths of Ares and Apollo (both pivotal plot points), it's just... bad all around. Eirene suddenly being a villain because Ares is dead just didn't do it for me.

8. Grail - Suffers the same issue as Max Lord except Grail is, I guess, somewhat cooler. Still, why all these relatives of villains who just appear out of nowhere? Any time she appears I just roll my eyes because I know it'll be a bad story.

9. Tolifhar - I'm not really sure what it was... I really despised the gorillas in Gail's run. When I eventually reread it, I may find some newfound appreciation for them, but damn I really hated them.

10. Aleka - Creating a brand new amazon who looks and (kinda) acts like Artemis is just.... mind-boggling. Same with Dessa for Philippus. But Aleka was more egregious because she was just so grating to read.

The Dark Gods were meh, but I can't say I have any strong feelings about any of them.

I actually liked the idea of Derinoe, and I find her to be the least awful of the Finch run, but she's still not a great addition.

Genocide would've been on my list but I kinda liked what Orlando did with her.

It's been too long since I read an issue with I-Ching, and I see the problematic elements of the character but I'll reserve judgment til I read that era again.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    7. Eirene - I'm not a huge Azzarello fan but for Finch to come along and completely undo any of the story elements that he had used, such as the deaths of Ares and Apollo (both pivotal plot points), it's just... bad all around. Eirene suddenly being a villain because Ares is dead just didn't do it for me.
    It really is rather impressive how quickly Finch was able to lower the bar from the Azzarello run in such a short amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Max is my second choice. You do, however, make a valid point Jason has done less harm to the franchise but, man, oh man, I detest the concept of Diana (and Nubia I guess) having a biological (for lack of a better term) bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, of those listed it's definitely Jason or Max, but I went with Max because there are no signs he's going away anytime soon, whereas Jason might never be brought up again
    Mhhmm, one of those instances where I hope new WW creative teams casting aside what creators did before could be used for some good.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Jason.

I don't hate Max Lord, I just hate how he became a Wonder Woman villain.

I mean, they got Pedro Pascal to play him in the movie, I can't hate movie Max.
    I only really tolerated Max in WW84 because I liked Pascal. Though even then they could have called him Sebastian Ballesteros and it's not like his character would have changed.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I have never really liked Steve Trevor as a love interest for Diana, but i have just started re-reading the Wonder Woman series starting with Alan Heinberg and Jodi Picoult and I think my least favorite is now Tom Tressor. What a douche!!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I have never really liked Steve Trevor as a love interest for Diana, but i have just started re-reading the Wonder Woman series starting with Alan Heinberg and Jodi Picoult and I think my least favorite is now Tom Tressor. What a douche!!
    Join the club. I've never enjoyed Steve as Diana's default love interest. He's been a non-entity in the comics for decades now.

1. Egg Fu - racist **** like this just shouldn't fly, and the fact that he hasn't been left in limbo and continues to appear is really troubling.

2. Jason - The idea of a male Wonder is great, but the execution is atrocious with the outdated "long lost twin" trope. A younger brother would've been better, but they felt they need to put him on equal footing with Diana for reasons that I can only imagine are misogynistic.

3. Maxwell Lord - I hate anytime creators or DC shoehorns characters in our faces. We get it, she snapped his neck. Move on.

4. First Born - He wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have to sit through a year or more of a storyline. A character who bangs hyenas is gross and not suitable for the Wonderverse.

5. Liar Liar - Generic as hell.

6. Zola - A plot device, not a character.

8. Grail - Suffers the same issue as Max Lord except Grail is, I guess, somewhat cooler. Still, why all these relatives of villains who just appear out of nowhere? Any time she appears I just roll my eyes because I know it'll be a bad story.

9. Tolifhar - I'm not really sure what it was... I really despised the gorillas in Gail's run. When I eventually reread it, I may find some newfound appreciation for them, but damn I really hated them.

10. Aleka - Creating a brand new amazon who looks and (kinda) acts like Artemis is just.... mind-boggling. Same with Dessa for Philippus. But Aleka was more egregious because she was just so grating to read.

The Dark Gods were meh, but I can't say I have any strong feelings about any of them.

I actually liked the idea of Derinoe, and I find her to be the least awful of the Finch run, but she's still not a great addition.

Genocide would've been on my list but I kinda liked what Orlando did with her.

It's been too long since I read an issue with I-Ching, and I see the problematic elements of the character but I'll reserve judgment til I read that era again.
    Yeah this about sums it up.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Egg Fu is a character I actively take a hot iron to my temporal lobe to sear away his existence.