View Poll Results: Who's your LEAST favorite WW character?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aleka

0 0%
  • The Dark Gods

0 0%
  • Derinoe

0 0%
  • Egg Fu

6 11.76%
  • Eirene (the god, not the minotaur)

0 0%
  • First Born

4 7.84%
  • Genocide

2 3.92%
  • Grail

2 3.92%
  • I-Ching

0 0%
  • Jason

10 19.61%
  • Liar Liar

8 15.69%
  • Maxwell Lord

6 11.76%
  • Tolifhar & the Gorilla Knights

1 1.96%
  • Zola

1 1.96%
  • OTHER

11 21.57%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I'm so sorry Mel Dyer.

I have had both friends and family affected and taken away by cancer as well. Sadly, such things are not uncommon, but with the advancement of medical care, hopefully one day it will become something no-one need go through again.
    Thank you, for your condolences, Fish - you also, Cegress.

I think we can express our distaste or favor for ideas, with passion and honesty, while being sensitive to our fellow Kangaliers, ..without trolling (persecuting), attacking, belittling and hurting each other. That takes a little maturity and consideration - nothing more.

For my money, Steve Trevor, as is, is the hill, this comic is dying on. He takes writer focus away from Wonder Woman's friendship with everywoman, Etta Candy, ..which continues the untapped heart of the WW comic and should be its narrative centerpiece, ..right up there with fighting for freedom and love! Steve's presence in the comic also monkey wrenches the writers' ability to see Diana, as a proactive, self-determining captain of her own life, ..because, as long as he's there, she's written, as Steve's hood ornament, instead of being the most kickass Wonder Woman, possible. There are other things having Steve around is messing up, and i won't hi-jack this thread, listing them, ..but do think Stevie's gotta go.

Steve, as is, my least favorite thing in WW.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-15-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m so sorry, Mel. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m so sorry, Mel. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Thank you for your sincere condolences, Shadowcat. We're enduring, and family and community is a great comfort, for all of us, right now; so...glad to be here, with all of you.

Good moderators create opportunities for us to be our best selves, with each other. I'm very appreciative of that, also.

I want to extend my least favorite consideration to every character, ever substituted for Etta, and every appearance of a skinny Etta, after 1941. There's nothing wrong with big, weird-@$$, cowgirl Etta - black or white, straight or gay. So, if we're talking about sensitivity to others, leaving Etta out of things certainly doesn't help oddballs, like myself, feel like we belong, anywhere.

'Fixed' Etta might be my second least favorite character, tying with Max Lord, the loaner-villain-buddy. Nothing wrong, with our Wonder-rogues and GREAT supporting characters that imaginative writing can't fix, ..and sure as Hades, nothing wrong with fat Etta, any color or sexual orientation we can get her.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-15-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I never really need to read a story with the White Magician again.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I never really need to read a story with the White Magician again.
    If it was almost anybody else, I wouldn't ask this question, ..but please indulge me. You've got such an interesting idea, one Mizuno and I share, about Gateway City being a literal gateway - a space-time port city - for the weirdest, from the far reaches of the DCU. Is the White Magician just too outdated a concept for such a setting?

Honestly, I've imagined WM, rebooted, as a Mr. Rourke sort, ..but, possessing a grotesque, giant demon form, for when times get especially rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If it was almost anybody else, I wouldn't ask this question, ..but please indulge me. You've got such an interesting idea, one Mizuno and I share, about Gateway City being a literal gateway - a space-time port city - for the weirdest, from the far reaches of the DCU. Is the White Magician just too outdated a concept for such a setting?

Honestly, I've imagined WM, rebooted, as a Mr. Rourke sort, ..but, possessing a grotesque, giant demon form, for when times get especially rough.
    In another thread I came up with another version of WM

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Another idea for White Magician: A centuries old sorcerer who framed women during the Salem Witch Trials and currently is a religious fundamentalist who uses his powers to silence protesters and critics of him and his church.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    In another thread I came up with another version of WM
    I think I remember that, now, Mutant God. Didn't we have a conversation about it?

I think I remember that, now, Mutant God. Didn't we have a conversation about it?
    I'm not sure, looking back at that thread I don't see any conversation.

Perhaps I need to give Thomas Asquith Randolph more creative thought, but he never inspired me in the run he’s associated with... maybe that’s a factor of how I felt about the run in general and the direction of Wonder Woman at the time though...

Your question of being “outdated” and his history sparked an idea for his inclusion in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, in a way that fits, so perhaps I need to reconsider... And, I’ve been looking for some magic users for a particular story arc, so he might do.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Perhaps I need to give Thomas Asquith Randolph more creative thought, but he never inspired me in the run he’s associated with... maybe that’s a factor of how I felt about the run in general and the direction of Wonder Woman at the time though...

Your question of being “outdated” and his history sparked an idea for his inclusion in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, in a way that fits, so perhaps I need to reconsider... And, I’ve been looking for some magic users for a particular story arc, so he might do.
    To toss in my own few cents, I actually find the White Magician to be an incredibly fascinating character.
    You have this sorcerer who claims himself to be the oldest (white) magician in the Americas. Declaring himself to be related to and have been around in the time of Thomas Jefferson. Views himself as American royalty. Revels in a fortune gained from colonialism and slavery, with the view that he should be revered and adored by the people because thats what he feels he deserves.

Hes established to have taken on different monikers over the centuries for the sake of getting people to adore him and its implied that anytime a hero comes along and settles down in Boston which he views as his territory, he makes certain they don't have a chance to steal his glory. And on top of all that its established that he genuinly views what he is doing as good(white) magic because hes motivated by hedonism and emotion.

Its even mentioned he has connections within the government and business world who dance to his tune. With how much awareness they have of his history and dealings being a big question mark.

The White Magician is like a dark mirror for Americanism. A figure that applauds the darker elements of the countries history and views those elements as 'the glory days'

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Her sword and shield. They're pretty much her supporting cast at this point so I say we count them.

Okay fine. Jason. He offers nothing of value and only makes the Amazons look worse, playing into the idea that they're misandrists. Anything substantial about Diana having a sibling oft overlooked is better handled by Nubia. Jason only does harm to everyone around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    To toss in my own few cents, I actually find the White Magician to be an incredibly fascinating character.
    You have this sorcerer who claims himself to be the oldest (white) magician in the Americas. Declaring himself to be related to and have been around in the time of Thomas Jefferson. Views himself as American royalty. Revels in a fortune gained from colonialism and slavery, with the view that he should be revered and adored by the people because thats what he feels he deserves.

Hes established to have taken on different monikers over the centuries for the sake of getting people to adore him and its implied that anytime a hero comes along and settles down in Boston which he views as his territory, he makes certain they don't have a chance to steal his glory. And on top of all that its established that he genuinly views what he is doing as good(white) magic because hes motivated by hedonism and emotion.

Its even mentioned he has connections within the government and business world who dance to his tune. With how much awareness they have of his history and dealings being a big question mark.

The White Magician is like a dark mirror for Americanism. A figure that applauds the darker elements of the countries history and views those elements as 'the glory days'
    And that’s where some of the “outdated-ness” led me to an idea Fuzzy Mittens... Maybe I need to reread the run, because his backstory and history seems more interesting than how it informed his present (at that time.)

Regardless, you’ve all convinced me to include him in my Wonder development shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Her sword and shield. They're pretty much her supporting cast at this point so I say we count them.

Okay fine. Jason. He offers nothing of value and only makes the Amazons look worse, playing into the idea that they're misandrists. Anything substantial about Diana having a sibling oft overlooked is better handled by Nubia. Jason only does harm to everyone around.
    I agree with both of these... I’ve invented something different for Jason and would retcon his origins in a heartbeat.

I’d rather see Achilles Warkiller be developed than Jason.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Where is the option to vote for WW? Because i really dislike how she has been portrayed these past years. In comics and outside of them. She feels like a weak link with a bland personality that is bored of life itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Where is the option to vote for WW? Because i really dislike how she has been portrayed these past years. In comics and outside of them. She feels like a weak link with a bland personality that is bored of life itself.
    I'm not saying it's my perfect Diana, but WW84 and the current book by Cloonan and Conrad have tons of personality.