Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This 90s Teen Titans series is really underrated and Ray is absolutely the best part!

Attachment 108487
    I love this team and loved Ray in it. Really underrated run.
    I'm Justice League!

how do we include this thread in appreciation thread index?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Love the Atom. I'm really hoping for a writer to one day go bonkers with the physics elements and really maximize the concept.
    The problem is it's so much harder to write these brilliant scientist characters now with everything being so scrutinized and you can't just throw scientific terms around unless you actually have a degree to be able to use it properly or the fans who now have degrees will call you out on it. It was easier writing for kids and using imagination to fill in the blanks and nobody cared if it was good science or not. (I mean, I'm pretty sure they had the source of Atom's shrinking power be "dwarf star" material because it had the word "dwarf" and that's it)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The problem is it's so much harder to write these brilliant scientist characters now with everything being so scrutinized and you can't just throw scientific terms around unless you actually have a degree to be able to use it properly or the fans who now have degrees will call you out on it. It was easier writing for kids and using imagination to fill in the blanks and nobody cared if it was good science or not. (I mean, I'm pretty sure they had the source of Atom's shrinking power be "dwarf star" material because it had the word "dwarf" and that's it)
    That's a fair point, though I think a writer could raise the bar and spend some time doing independent research and getting advice from physicists. There's so much weird stuff going on at the molecular level that you'd probably never run out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So is "dwarf" the Atom equivalent to "quantum" for Ant-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This is pretty much my favorite take on Ray...:

His powers were used very effectively throughout. I liked the new mask over the the full cowl. And best of all, he’d often be full sized while in costume, which I thought was way overdue, as other shrinking characters outgrew that trope decades earlier.

This series crossed over into the DC INVASION event, and I’m proud to say, Ray was the first Hero to strike at the aliens when they made their initial beachhead in Australia.; he went through the phone lines and got there within seconds after finding out.
    Some of Roger Stern's best work (even if he soon left), And considering how huge a fan of his I am, that's saying a lot. The art by Dwayne Turner wasn't very good though, IMHO. It got much better once Graham Nolan came on board.

This 90s Teen Titans series is really underrated and Ray is absolutely the best part!

Attachment 108487
    Loved this version of the Titans. Ray was great.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Sorry Guy .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Gil Kane with his little pal.

GilKaneAtom.jpg

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I doubt anyone has this answer off the top of their head, but does anyone know when/where Ray first travelled through a telephone cable?

I doubt anyone has this answer off the top of their head, but does anyone know when/where Ray first travelled through a telephone cable?
    Paging MajorHoy!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Paging MajorHoy!
    Well, looking through the GCD database, it seems Ray used the trick in the story "Prisoner in a Test Tube!" in Showcase #36 (January-February 1962); don't know if he previously tried it in either issue #34 or #35.