Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Saitama (OPM anime season 1) vs Omni-Man (Invincible tv show)

    What it says on the tin.

    Bonus: Saitama gets teleported to the Invincible Tv Show-verse and decides to keep doing what he's doing. How does it go?
    Last edited by Postmania; 04-11-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  2. #2
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Based on Omni-Man's TV feats as of the moment, I don't think so. Certainly nothing like carving out a mountain with the mere air pressure of a single punch, or one-punching a planet-razing attack and killing the one behind it, again, via mere air pressure and non-contact. The only chance he has is if he goes for a space toss, and if bloodlusted, Saitama won't give him that chance.

  3. #3
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    Hmm... with season one of the anime only, Saitama might not have the speed feats required to prove that he's fast enough to prevent Omniman from just chucking him into space.

    Saitama is definitely stronger and will do horrendous damage if he hits him but he doesn't have many concrete speed feats at this point in his development.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmm... with season one of the anime only, Saitama might not have the speed feats required to prove that he's fast enough to prevent Omniman from just chucking him into space.

    Saitama is definitely stronger and will do horrendous damage if he hits him but he doesn't have many concrete speed feats at this point in his development.
    While not concrete he does still outpace Genos, Sonic and Boros with zero effort, Boros only lasting as long as he does because Saitama is being nice, and those guys all have serious super speed even in season 1.

  5. #5
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmm... with season one of the anime only, Saitama might not have the speed feats required to prove that he's fast enough to prevent Omniman from just chucking him into space.

    Saitama is definitely stronger and will do horrendous damage if he hits him but he doesn't have many concrete speed feats at this point in his development.
    I'm not convinced. The only speedfeats Omni-Man has at this time is barely reacting to a Flash analog to tag him once (which was enough) and flying through the Flaxian city to explode it. Saitama is still able to easily tag Genos, who outruns his own energy blasts, create after-images that fool said Genos, and outspeed Speed of Sound Sonic. And we know Saitama's blows which don't even connect carve canyons into mountains and killed Boros behind a planet-razing energy blast. Basically, my view is that Saitama's not entirely a statue here, that he can react to Omni-Man, even the latter does have some minor speed advantage, and can paste him with blows even if they miss completely.

    Also, technically Saitama doesn't have "development" per se, his powerlevel has always been consistent throughout - although one could say Omni-Man is the same as well.

    Last edited by Twickster; 04-12-2021 at 03:21 AM.

  6. #6
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Further comment: I do recognize Omni-Man's speed when destroying the flaxians, but I took it as some kind of stylized flash-forward myself. Time flows faster in the flaxian dimension than it does on earth. The entire sequence took long enough for him to grow a beard, at least.

  7. #7
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    I take your point about Saitama technically not getting any stronger but we're limited to the feats we have. I would argue that given his "change costume, dash across city, defeat Kursk and come back to his picnic between words in a sentence," feat is well beyond Genos and Sonic in season 1 so Omniman being able to snatch him is a better reaction feat.

    Plus, his normal flight feats of being able to fly to the moon in seconds, being able to go from the USA to... three(?) other countries while not in any real hurry and make purchases there and it only taking about 15 minutes are way faster than anything shown in OPM in season 1 in terms of speed. In my view, he's fast enough to get the jump on Saitama and yeet him into space.

    There's also a small question of Saitama and CIS, no? Saitama routinely holds back so he doesn't do "canyon destroying air pressure," with every swing. I'm not sure if he'd go for that right out of the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Further comment: I do recognize Omni-Man's speed when destroying the flaxians, but I took it as some kind of stylized flash-forward myself. Time flows faster in the flaxian dimension than it does on earth. The entire sequence took long enough for him to grow a beard, at least.
    In the comics, the time flow thing is such that while he tells Debbie and Mark he was gone for two weeks, he was actually gone for around 200 years I think.

    Animated series hasn't caught up with the sequence where he talks about this yet.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I take your point about Saitama technically not getting any stronger but we're limited to the feats we have. I would argue that given his "change costume, dash across city, defeat Kursk and come back to his picnic between words in a sentence," feat is well beyond Genos and Sonic in season 1 so Omniman being able to snatch him is a better reaction feat.

    Plus, his normal flight feats of being able to fly to the moon in seconds, being able to go from the USA to... three(?) other countries while not in any real hurry and make purchases there and it only taking about 15 minutes are way faster than anything shown in OPM in season 1 in terms of speed. In my view, he's fast enough to get the jump on Saitama and yeet him into space.
    I mean, Saitama can travel from the Moon to the Earth in seconds too. Granted he was jumping, but I'm pretty sure most people can run faster than they can jump

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I take your point about Saitama technically not getting any stronger but we're limited to the feats we have. I would argue that given his "change costume, dash across city, defeat Kursk and come back to his picnic between words in a sentence," feat is well beyond Genos and Sonic in season 1 so Omniman being able to snatch him is a better reaction feat.

    Plus, his normal flight feats of being able to fly to the moon in seconds, being able to go from the USA to... three(?) other countries while not in any real hurry and make purchases there and it only taking about 15 minutes are way faster than anything shown in OPM in season 1 in terms of speed. In my view, he's fast enough to get the jump on Saitama and yeet him into space.

    There's also a small question of Saitama and CIS, no? Saitama routinely holds back so he doesn't do "canyon destroying air pressure," with every swing. I'm not sure if he'd go for that right out of the gate.



    In the comics, the time flow thing is such that while he tells Debbie and Mark he was gone for two weeks, he was actually gone for around 200 years I think.

    Animated series hasn't caught up with the sequence where he talks about this yet.
    CIS with Saitama is weird. While he's prone to letting other heroes get beat up or letting a lot of collateral damage happen, he's also got a knack for making sure no one dies, like when he punches a purse snatcher or when he shatters a meteor. I think he's generally more competent than he lets on in some very instinctual sort of way.

    I'm personally inclined to think he comes out the gate hard under rumbles bloodlust.

  10. #10
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,375

    Default

    I feel like under Rumbles Bloodlust it's like when he lost his shit vs about missing the sale, while he was fighting Carnage Kabuto.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I feel like under Rumbles Bloodlust it's like when he lost his shit vs about missing the sale, while he was fighting Carnage Kabuto.
    Hey man, missing those flash sales is no joking matter.

    Remember missing those Steam flash sales? Yeah...

  12. #12
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Hey man, missing those flash sales is no joking matter.

    Remember missing those Steam flash sales? Yeah...
    Yea I freaked out and punched a hole in my nemesis of the week, as well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,046

    Default

    at what point do we even grant that a brick MIGHT be able to hurt Saitama? The moon feat is by far Saitama's best durability feat, given he goes from the kick's release to hitting the moon in roughly 3.3 seconds, which means hit hit the moon at roughly 2/5s the speed of light, that impact doesn't even faze him, hell given that he could hold his breath it means that it didn't even make him lose his wind, even though the kick that drove him into the moon was directly to his gut

  14. #14
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    at what point do we even grant that a brick MIGHT be able to hurt Saitama? The moon feat is by far Saitama's best durability feat, given he goes from the kick's release to hitting the moon in roughly 3.3 seconds, which means hit hit the moon at roughly 2/5s the speed of light, that impact doesn't even faze him, hell given that he could hold his breath it means that it didn't even make him lose his wind, even though the kick that drove him into the moon was directly to his gut
    For me, it's hard to say! He's never been remotely hurt by anything. He lets himself get hit sometimes, just to see if it can hurt him, and it never does. Of course, he's got his Saitama-sense going that makes sure he does NOT let someone do something to him that could hurt him. Then he annihilates whatever the enemy is with one punch. He can pretty clearly tank "some decent fraction of planet-busting" force at minimum without any real stress. Tatsumaki, who is capable of some truly ridiculous feats, can't even move the guy unless he lets her. Orochi with all his high end nonsense (including casually one-shotting super-high-end threats) can't even touch the guy, and is killed by a casual punch. Flashy for all of his speed is a joke. The Boros kick, you describe quite well - even most high-end class 100s wouldn't just ignore that. For Saitama, it might as well have been a fly farting on him for all of the damage it did.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  15. #15
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For me, it's hard to say! He's never been remotely hurt by anything. He lets himself get hit sometimes, just to see if it can hurt him, and it never does. Of course, he's got his Saitama-sense going that makes sure he does NOT let someone do something to him that could hurt him. Then he annihilates whatever the enemy is with one punch. He can pretty clearly tank "some decent fraction of planet-busting" force at minimum without any real stress. Tatsumaki, who is capable of some truly ridiculous feats, can't even move the guy unless he lets her. Orochi with all his high end nonsense (including casually one-shotting super-high-end threats) can't even touch the guy, and is killed by a casual punch. Flashy for all of his speed is a joke. The Boros kick, you describe quite well - even most high-end class 100s wouldn't just ignore that. For Saitama, it might as well have been a fly farting on him for all of the damage it did.
    I'm already predicting that God (who's already being established as the final villain) is legitimately the only one who will do meaningful damage to Saitama...unless it's revealed his broken limiter has allowed him to surpass him as well.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •