Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Saitama (OPM anime season 1) vs Omni-Man (Invincible tv show)

What it says on the tin.

Bonus: Saitama gets teleported to the Invincible Tv Show-verse and decides to keep doing what he's doing. How does it go?
    Last edited by Postmania; 04-11-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Based on Omni-Man's TV feats as of the moment, I don't think so. Certainly nothing like carving out a mountain with the mere air pressure of a single punch, or one-punching a planet-razing attack and killing the one behind it, again, via mere air pressure and non-contact. The only chance he has is if he goes for a space toss, and if bloodlusted, Saitama won't give him that chance.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmm... with season one of the anime only, Saitama might not have the speed feats required to prove that he's fast enough to prevent Omniman from just chucking him into space.

Saitama is definitely stronger and will do horrendous damage if he hits him but he doesn't have many concrete speed feats at this point in his development.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmm... with season one of the anime only, Saitama might not have the speed feats required to prove that he's fast enough to prevent Omniman from just chucking him into space.

Saitama is definitely stronger and will do horrendous damage if he hits him but he doesn't have many concrete speed feats at this point in his development.
    While not concrete he does still outpace Genos, Sonic and Boros with zero effort, Boros only lasting as long as he does because Saitama is being nice, and those guys all have serious super speed even in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I'm not convinced. The only speedfeats Omni-Man has at this time is barely reacting to a Flash analog to tag him once (which was enough) and flying through the Flaxian city to explode it. Saitama is still able to easily tag Genos, who outruns his own energy blasts, create after-images that fool said Genos, and outspeed Speed of Sound Sonic. And we know Saitama's blows which don't even connect carve canyons into mountains and killed Boros behind a planet-razing energy blast. Basically, my view is that Saitama's not entirely a statue here, that he can react to Omni-Man, even the latter does have some minor speed advantage, and can paste him with blows even if they miss completely.

Also, technically Saitama doesn't have "development" per se, his powerlevel has always been consistent throughout - although one could say Omni-Man is the same as well.

Last edited by Twickster; 04-12-2021 at 03:21 AM.

Further comment: I do recognize Omni-Man's speed when destroying the flaxians, but I took it as some kind of stylized flash-forward myself. Time flows faster in the flaxian dimension than it does on earth. The entire sequence took long enough for him to grow a beard, at least.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I take your point about Saitama technically not getting any stronger but we're limited to the feats we have. I would argue that given his "change costume, dash across city, defeat Kursk and come back to his picnic between words in a sentence," feat is well beyond Genos and Sonic in season 1 so Omniman being able to snatch him is a better reaction feat.

Plus, his normal flight feats of being able to fly to the moon in seconds, being able to go from the USA to... three(?) other countries while not in any real hurry and make purchases there and it only taking about 15 minutes are way faster than anything shown in OPM in season 1 in terms of speed. In my view, he's fast enough to get the jump on Saitama and yeet him into space.

There's also a small question of Saitama and CIS, no? Saitama routinely holds back so he doesn't do "canyon destroying air pressure," with every swing. I'm not sure if he'd go for that right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Further comment: I do recognize Omni-Man's speed when destroying the flaxians, but I took it as some kind of stylized flash-forward myself. Time flows faster in the flaxian dimension than it does on earth. The entire sequence took long enough for him to grow a beard, at least.
    In the comics, the time flow thing is such that while he tells Debbie and Mark he was gone for two weeks, he was actually gone for around 200 years I think.

Animated series hasn't caught up with the sequence where he talks about this yet.