Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm already predicting that God (who's already being established as the final villain) is legitimately the only one who will do meaningful damage to Saitama...unless it's revealed his broken limiter has allowed him to surpass him as well.
    Once he finds out God made him miss the flash sales, all bets are off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

What's worse? Making Saitama miss a sale at the supermarket, or owing Luke Cage money?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    What's worse? Making Saitama miss a sale at the supermarket, or owing Luke Cage money?
    Dating Matt Murdock.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm already predicting that God (who's already being established as the final villain)
    Given how the webcomic is going - God has not been mentioned or implied to be thing at all since it's vague mention with Homeless Emperor, I don't think you can say that it has been established as much of anything. It could just be a throwaway thing that ONE threw in for flavour.

OPM is more pointedly about Saitama versus society, I don't see what adding God brings to the mix conceptually. I might well be wrong but I don't think the direction of the series is such that there will be an all-powerful opponent for Saitama to finally overcome.

It's just not that sort of series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Given how the webcomic is going - God has not been mentioned or implied to be thing at all since it's vague mention with Homeless Emperor, I don't think you can say that it has been established as much of anything. It could just be a throwaway thing that ONE threw in for flavour.

OPM is more pointedly about Saitama versus society, I don't see what adding God brings to the mix conceptually. I might well be wrong but I don't think the direction of the series is such that there will be an all-powerful opponent for Saitama to finally overcome.

It's just not that sort of series.
    Could maybe in a really weird way spin it as "society invents morality and by extension, god, the ultimate arbiter morality is likewise a creation". But that seems really uh... reachy for a series that's basically not about that as you noted.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan