Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I admit I didn’t follow her redemption arc in ‘Thunderbolts’, but Moonstone was a super-powered murderer who used her psychiatric skills to engage in emotional abuse and gaslighting. And Ravencroft think she’s a good fit for head psychiatrist to an institution that holds the most dangerous killers on the planet? That makes no sense even by plot-driven comic book logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Ravencroft run by Norman Osborn who employed her as his Ms. Marvel stand-in?
    Exactly. Norman put her on his staff back when he was still his usual irredeemable self, and considering he got a clean slate in the eyes of the public through J.A.N.U.S., I'm wondering if the same thing might have happened with Moonstone.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's an interesting point there, and I've been wanting to see a more serious confrontation between Spider-Man and Moonstone, particularly since Moonstone is apparently the head psychiatrist for Ravencroft and her philosophy of base selfishness and ambition is a very good foil to Spider-Man's philosophy of power and responsibility.
    I don't think Moonstone is still employed at Ravencroft. The real reason she and the rest of that "staff" of villains seemed to be there was to dispose of the threat lurking inside Ravencroft from the old experiments who had gotten loose and were threatening Fisk. Once that issue was resolved, none of them were shown or referenced as working there again. The end of the mini showed John Jameson, Misty Knight, D-Man and Dr. Kafka as the core staff at Ravencroft now, with Kafka replacing Moonstone as the head psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I admit I didn’t follow her redemption arc in ‘Thunderbolts’, but Moonstone was a super-powered murderer who used her psychiatric skills to engage in emotional abuse and gaslighting. And Ravencroft think she’s a good fit for head psychiatrist to an institution that holds the most dangerous killers on the planet? That makes no sense even by plot-driven comic book logic.
    She was assigned by Kingpin, who chose a staff composed entirely of super-villains--Scorpion, Taskmaster, and Hobgoblin, as well as Moonstone. Its was never meant to be a legitimate staff; they were there for an ulterior objective of Kingpin's. Moonstone was actually one of the few people there that was actually qualified for the role though.

I wouldn't describe her as a "super-powered murderer" though. Not that Moonstone has never killed, but murdering people has never really been her m.o. In most of her appearances pre-"Dark Reign" she avoided using lethal force herself if it could be avoided, or if some other ally would be willing to do it instead. Brian Reed wrote her as a kill-crazy psycho during his stint with her as "Dark Ms. Marvel", but that really wasn't consistent with who Moonstone had been before that, and most of her appearances since then have also dialed that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I don't think Moonstone is still employed at Ravencroft. The real reason she and the rest of that "staff" of villains seemed to be there was to dispose of the threat lurking inside Ravencroft from the old experiments who had gotten loose and were threatening Fisk. Once that issue was resolved, none of them were shown or referenced as working there again. The end of the mini showed John Jameson, Misty Knight, D-Man and Dr. Kafka as the core staff at Ravencroft now, with Kafka replacing Moonstone as the head psychologist.

She was assigned by Kingpin, who chose a staff composed entirely of super-villains--Scorpion, Taskmaster, and Hobgoblin, as well as Moonstone. Its was never meant to be a legitimate staff; they were there for an ulterior objective of Kingpin's. Moonstone was actually one of the few people there that was actually qualified for the role though.

I wouldn't describe her as a "super-powered murderer" though. Not that Moonstone has never killed, but murdering people has never really been her m.o. In most of her appearances pre-"Dark Reign" she avoided using lethal force herself if it could be avoided, or if some other ally would be willing to do it instead. Brian Reed wrote her as a kill-crazy psycho during his stint with her as "Dark Ms. Marvel", but that really wasn't consistent with who Moonstone had been before that, and most of her appearances since then have also dialed that back.
    Fair point there. I must have forgotten some things from that Ravencroft mini.

I saw elsewhere someone pointed out Star's miniseries ended with her having a new costume. I guess that is being disregarded here?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I saw elsewhere someone pointed out Star's miniseries ended with her having a new costume. I guess that is being disregarded here?
    If King in Black: Thunderbolts put her back in her original costume, I'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If King in Black: Thunderbolts put her back in her original costume, I'd say yes.
    Continuity is but a tightrope walk!

Fantastic Member

Fun fact, in Strikeforce, when Karla gets placed inside Ravencroft after they bust up her scheme, Ludwig Reinhardt is the one who processes her!

Excited to see Spidey vs Star, really hoping Fisk's Bolts show up in ASM, or even it gets teased here, would be a perfect place for them to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Fun fact, in Strikeforce, when Karla gets placed inside Ravencroft after they bust up her scheme, Ludwig Reinhardt is the one who processes her!

Excited to see Spidey vs Star, really hoping Fisk's Bolts show up in ASM, or even it gets teased here, would be a perfect place for them to show up.
    Oh, yeah. Ludwig Reinhardt . . . now that's a deep cut.

wonder how Peter will do not expecting a true showdown really
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wonder how Peter will do not expecting a true showdown really
    He has been through house of M so maybe he could come up with some gizmo to help with the reality altering.Also why is everyone assuming this is a one on one.I think the article clearly says they will team up.Am i missing something?Also more people being a jerk to Spider-man instead of being thankfull.Although it will be in character for Moonstone

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He has been through house of M so maybe he could come up with some gizmo to help with the reality altering.Also why is everyone assuming this is a one on one.I think the article clearly says they will team up.Am i missing something?Also more people being a jerk to Spider-man instead of being thankfull.Although it will be in character for Moonstone
    Who is moonstone? Also wasn’t Peter a jerk too when he started out? The article makes it sounds like Star is still a villain so I am expecting a fight.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Who is moonstone? Also wasn’t Peter a jerk too when he started out? The article makes it sounds like Star is still a villain so I am expecting a fight.
    Sorry i meant riplye(star).Also peter being a jerk was more a result of time when that was written and he was a jerk only to those who deserved it imo.
    Probably will be first fight then talk and work together type deal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Sorry i meant riplye(star).Also peter being a jerk was more a result of time when that was written and he was a jerk only to those who deserved it imo.
    Probably will be first fight then talk and work together type deal.
    I sure hope not. I do not want a “Touchy, Feely” story. I would like to see a Spider-Man versus Star fight filled issue ( not even much Peter), with a Spider-Man victory by outsmarting her like he did versus Juggernaut.

Considering that Karla Pacheco is writing it, there's likely going to be a lot of action. And it's not a redemption arc for Star going by her Twitter. Sounds like she's doubling down on the villain aspect.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I sure hope not. I do not want a “Touchy, Feely” story. I would like to see a Spider-Man versus Star fight filled issue ( not even much Peter), with a Spider-Man victory by outsmarting her like he did versus Juggernaut.
    well he beat firelord correct? Aint that the strongest opponent he ever beat?