Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Agreed. Again, the Jon stuff is still a sore subject, and I still absolutely hate the hints of him becoming another Superman. But I'll gladly take a return to Tomasi's style over another Bendis vanity project that puts him way out of his depth. Which is what I'm already feeling like his JL run is gonna turn out to be. I never got the same sense of...heart from Bendis run. Not like what I'm getting here or with Tomasi's run.

The closest I could feel to that was the Truth arc and I still hated everything else about it.

Example might go over the heads of anyone who isn't as nerdy as me lol. But it's like modern Power Rangers. Bendis run was the seasons that talked a big game but were ultimately let downs (Megaforce, Beast Morphers, Ninja Steel). While PKJ (so far) is like those seasons that...still aren't ideal, compared to past ones. But they're trying. They feel a lot more humble and the effort they put in is appreciated (Dino Charge and Dino Fury)
    I don't read PR so I didn't get the comparison lol.

I think PKJ will do both Jon and Clark justice. I think de-ageing him will be one of his endgame plans.
    For now he's just has to stick with the current status quo, but even then I expect him to tell us great Super Fam stories.

But yeah according to CBR here "Superdad is bad! We want Boring Zaar and Red Fart!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This issue feels like an attempt to meet you Tomasi fanboys halfway while still following up what Bendis did with Superman as a big mover and shaker on the cosmic scene.
    On one hand it is probably a smart strategy, on the other hand there are people like me (or am I the only one? ) who really don't like both of these runs so its not exciting at all.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I enjoyed the juxtaposition of a race of aliens whose parent/child relationship is completely different than ours. I think that can be an enjoyable, if not necessarily subtle, story approach for Clark.

While I did like the issue overall, I'm still not completely sold on the artwork, although I did like it more than Hester. It's just a tough comparison when Reis is feeding us filet mignon in the Yang book.

As for Ambush Bug, not sure if I'll ever look at a cup of coffee the same again...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Main story gets a thumbs down from me ����

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Godlewski is probably the most responsible for the Tomasi vibe, but it's kind of a good thing. That volume really had its moments. I feel like I'd be a little more patient if I didn't get the impression that this was biding time for another story.

Loose Cannon and a new Gangbuster? Pretty neat.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES