Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Agree and will add The Key.
    For sure. A lot of people have mentioned Eclipso. I think of him primarily as a JLA foe too. I’d also include Star Tsar. That was a fantastic arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Terra Man.
    Oh hell yes. This is my favorite answer in this thread so far.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Niles Caulder
    The Chief? He’s a rogue?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The Chief? He’s a rogue?
    He sure is a sonuvabitch, I'll tell you what.

Boisterously Confused

I've offered this on a duplicate thread, but I'll repeat it here: The Ultra-Humanite. With is body swapping surgical techniques, he should be the DCU's Below-Cosmic-Level Boogeyman Villain. He should have a network of agents, uncertain if they're working for the real UH, or if UH is just a myth used to control an organization. The heroes should be constantly paranoid anytime one of their associates acts a little off, wondering if their friend is now just the UH's latest husk to wear. Even master villains like Ras al Ghul, or Kobra should be constantly wondering if The Ultra-Humanite is walking around in their organization, waiting for the right opportunity to hollow out their central nervous system and assume their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    ...Terra Man...
    Great choice. Of course, I always thought of Alpha Centurion as an updated and more nuanced alternative to Terra Man. A good writer can get any character taken seriously, but with AC, you have to work at it a bit less than with TM.

terraman.jpg 862043.jpg

Astonishing Member

newadv34-v1.jpg
    newadv43-v2.jpg
    White Fire; Golden Web

Mighty Member

The Chief? He’s a rogue?
    imo. He's only heroic at his own convenience, and when it is no longer convenient he dips so far into villainy. It always seemed to me that selfishness and villainy is more in line with his nature than heroism.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

There's a multitude of them!!!

Shadow Thief
    Shrapnel
    Dr Psycho
    Phobia
    Felix Faust
    Eel
    Catman
    Victor Zsasz
    Murmur
    Girder
    The Thinker
    Ultra-Humanite
    Major Disaster
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    imo. He's only heroic at his own convenience, and when it is no longer convenient he dips so far into villainy. It always seemed to me that selfishness and villainy is more in line with his nature than heroism.
    I mean maybe he's a little mad at the world due to being in a wheelchair, but I don't think that puts him in rogue status. He did after all put the Doom Patrol together and they do a lot of good, he can't be all bad.

Mighty Member

I mean maybe he's a little mad at the world due to being in a wheelchair,
    Bruh

but I don't think that puts him in rogue status. He did after all put the Doom Patrol together
    Via nefarious means

and they do a lot of good
    Yes, but this reflect on them, not him. For the better part of the last 15 years or so they've been doing good without him, while he has either been actively against them or attempting to concoct a means of getting them back under his thumb. He consistently acts like A) He OWNS them and B) They OWE him. This does not a good guy make.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 05-13-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Okay, weird way to respond, but sure. I think you should elaborate here, just so that we can better understand whatever it was you just posted.

First, what were the nefarious means?
    Second, what are some examples of him consistently acting like that?

Mighty Member

There is absolutely nothing gained that warrants that sort of effort. Ok, you disagree, now on with our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He sure is a sonuvabitch, I'll tell you what.
    If the tv show is any indication, I figured the strongest case for worst member of the Doom Patrol would go to Robotman.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I've offered this on a duplicate thread, but I'll repeat it here: The Ultra-Humanite. With is body swapping surgical techniques, he should be the DCU's Below-Cosmic-Level Boogeyman Villain. He should have a network of agents, uncertain if they're working for the real UH, or if UH is just a myth used to control an organization. The heroes should be constantly paranoid anytime one of their associates acts a little off, wondering if their friend is now just the UH's latest husk to wear. Even master villains like Ras al Ghul, or Kobra should be constantly wondering if The Ultra-Humanite is walking around in their organization, waiting for the right opportunity to hollow out their central nervous system and assume their identity.
    That's a great pitch and angle on the character. Would love to read more stories that emphasize those aspects.

Extraordinary Member

Here’s a few!

Terra-Man, AKA The Terran With No Name
    - If you know how Erron Black rolls in the new Mortal Kombat games, that’s how The Terran rolls here... but replace “hired killer” with intergalactic robbery, for the sheer zaniness of a space cowboy trying to escape Superman. I’d have his history be as a partisan Civil War veteran very much along the lines of the James Gang, who’s modified his body to survive in space, give him a superhuman fast draw, and tamed himself a “space beastie” for a ride. Also, he has a personal history with Lobo and the Green Lanterns, and is a savvy “cowboy escape artist” that Clark is genuinely challenged to outthink.

Shrike
    - Instead of just being an also-ran Nightwing villain, his lethality is kicked up a notch, as is his new job: he’s the “internal affairs” of the League of Assassins, in charge of killing any who break Ra’s Al Ghul’s rules or slaying any liability killers the employers don’t trust, since most of them are just regular ninja’s or killers, but not fighters. He loves using exotic weapons, though; that’s effectively his gimmick. The fact he usually kills other killers plays into how his stories roll; they’re about keeping a suspect alive against someone who’s very crafty at “tying up lose ends.”

Kind if cheating, but...

Fury
    - It’s a position and title that represents Ares’s Amazonian champion, and the original was his daughter Penesthiliea, the Amazon opponent of Achilles. The armor and weapons gifted to the champion make them an almost impossible agent of destruction, and they often act to encourage chaotic warfare. Part of the catch is trying to save the Amazon who either fell to the identity or is imprisoned by it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP