Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Also like to add Blockbuster and Degaton.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Almost any Justice League enemy outside of Darkseid.

Despero, Starro, Professor Ivo, Amazo, T.O.Morrow, Kanjar Ro, Doctor Destiny, Felix Faust, various Injustice Leagues, these could all be massive threats under the correct writer (see Morrison with the Shaggy Man).

Maybe not Dr Light, though.
    Agree and will add The Key.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Almost any Justice League enemy outside of Darkseid.

Despero, Starro, Professor Ivo, Amazo, T.O.Morrow, Kanjar Ro, Doctor Destiny, Felix Faust, various Injustice Leagues, these could all be massive threats under the correct writer (see Morrison with the Shaggy Man).
    T. O. Morrow needs to triple down on his glorious Red Tornado, Red Inferno, Red Torpedo, Red Volcano nonsense and pump out an army of these robots with names like Red Crescendo (sonic scream), Red Scirroco (dust storms), Red Vertigo (Count Vertigo powers), Red Nihilo (disintegration rays / rust attacks), Red Tempo (time manipulation), Red Magneto (yes, it's a word, Marvel didn't invent it!), etc. And the story arc needs to be named Red Tomorrow. Just glorious nonsense all the way!

And Felix Faust is definitely another with potential. He used to be able to threaten the entire Justice League single-handedly, he should be their Wotan / anti-Dr. Fate league mystical threat.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-13-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Red Lion

Black Panther meets Doctor Doom, has potential.
    almost anyone but christopher priest would be prone to making him an incompetent bungler, and closer to an Idi Amin stereotype.

Extraordinary Member

Glad to see that Scarecrow is getting some love lately. I always knew he could be a major villain if the right writer came along and really knew how to use him.

Astonishing Member

The Hostess Ad villains. (They were pure fun.)

Any villain that appeared in a DC cartoon...and in no comic book.

Examples: Simon the Pieman, Sweet Tooth, The Warlock, Queen Vassa, Sea Sorcerer, The Brain (Aquaman), Torpedo Man, Dr. Devious, Doll Man (Filmation) and etcetera.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    The Hostess Ad villains. (They were pure fun.)

Any villain that appeared in a DC cartoon...and in no comic book.

Examples: Simon the Pieman, Sweet Tooth, The Warlock, Queen Vassa, Sea Sorcerer, The Brain (Aquaman), Torpedo Man, Dr. Devious, Doll Man (Filmation) and etcetera.
    Oh yeah, I recall that old Super Friends episodes had generic wizard threats with names like Inverness and Malhavec. (One named himself after a town in Scotland? How exotic... Not. Tremble before the might of Edeinburgh!)

The Super Friends comic also had some unusual heroes and villains show up that could be fun to see again, like evil mystical mastermind (not a super-magician himself, more the Maxwell Lord of magical villains, it seemed) Sandor Fane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh yeah, I recall that old Super Friends episodes had generic wizard threats with names like Inverness and Malhavec. (One named himself after a town in Scotland? How exotic... Not. Tremble before the might of Edeinburgh!)

The Super Friends comic also had some unusual heroes and villains show up that could be fun to see again, like evil mystical mastermind (not a super-magician himself, more the Maxwell Lord of magical villains, it seemed) Sandor Fane.
    Thank You!

I forgot Superfriends! Yes, all their villains need to return.

I still cannot believe that Superfriends is almost 50 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Agreed. My favorite will always be...

The Junior Super-Foes

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Ultimate Member

Oh good Lord, the Human Flying Fish?! Even Aquaman's foes were dire, on that show...

I like that Batman had two foes there, Penguin and Poison Ivy, and not one of Flash or Green Lantern's rogues could lower themselves to join that dazzling array of villains.

Extraordinary Member

Starbreaker is one that I keep thinking could make for such a compelling cosmic threat. I feel like he's a character that really hasn't been used to his fullest potential.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. My favorite will always be...

The Junior Super-Foes

"Toyboy??" Yeah, there's a lot of potential with that one...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Toyboy??" Yeah, there's a lot of potential with that one...
    It makes perfect sense: Superman, Superboy, Toyman, Toyboy…

but, yeah, Toyman Junior would have been less...laughable (maybe)

Incredible Member

Ultra-Humanite
    Vandal Savage
    Queen Bee
    Amos Fortune and the Royal Flush Gang
    Ma'alefa'ak
    Prometheus

The Royal Flush Gang have the potential to be such fun villains for street level heroes or as a B-plot for Justice League. They could even be rivals to the Secret Six (if they are ever dusted off shelves).